Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th October 2008, 19:26   #1
BHPian

Default MPFI Cleaning on 2nd free service on my i10

I went for Second free service, rest all is ok, but to my surprise I came across new word MPFI cleaning for Rs 650/-. This is not my first MPFI car, but never heard this cleaning so far.
Now the Question is, Do we really need to go for it, if yes how frequently?
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2008, 12:50   #2
BHPian

Default Hyundai I10 2nd Free Service Charges

Hi,

I had got my Hyundai I10 2nd free service done recently at Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. They had charged me close to Rs 1000 for OIL change and they have not charged any money for labor charges. But I was wondering if the OIL change also should be free for free services. Can someone clarify on this.

Regards,
netrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 10:48   #3
BHPian

No, Oils and oils fiter will be charged in the 2nd free service.

I have a new Santro and has recently finished the second service. i was too charged for oil and oil filter. Total cost was about Rs.830 with tax. No labor.

Consumables and wear n tear items like oil, oil filter, rear break shoe, front disk pads, and clutch plates are not covered in the warranty.

Another customer there with a 3 yr old Santro had also changed his oil and oil filter. he was not charged as his car had a Annual Maintenance Contract. This is not same as the Extended warranty of 4 yrs. (2 normal +2 extended).

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 15:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Unique, were you not charged for oil in the first service? I thought from Oct'06 they started charging for oil change even during the first service?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 16:09   #5
BHPian

During the Second Free Service of my Getz
- Engine Oil was changed
- Air filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter
- Gear Oil Topped up.
- MPFi cleaning and Tuning.

And car feels amazing after the service.
fuel efficiency has seen a drastic change.

total cost of service was 3K, and i felt the job was work the money spent
thebagchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 18:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I went for Second free service, rest all is ok, but to my surprise I came across new word MPFI cleaning for Rs 650/-. This is not my first MPFI car, but never heard this cleaning so far.
No need for this unless you start facing some problems like Low FE, jerks etc. Even then try the recommended fuel additives first before going for a manul cleanup.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 20:33   #7
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Hi sam,

The answer to your question is - absolutely not. You don't need to clean the MPFI system at the second service unless you have used extremely bad fuel. Usually if you use good fuel, and service your car regularly, you will have to clean your the injectors only once every 20,000 kms or so. Even then, it needs to be done only as a precautionary measure to ensure your engine performs at its peak.

Cheers,

gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 20:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi sam,

The answer to your question is - absolutely not. You don't need to clean the MPFI system at the second service unless you have used extremely bad fuel. Usually if you use good fuel, and service your car regularly, you will have to clean your the injectors only once every 20,000 kms or so. Even then, it needs to be done only as a precautionary measure to ensure your engine performs at its peak.

Cheers,

gpa
Man if Tbhpian's knows about it, then why cann't Hyundai guys. Seems like they are just making money by doing this nothing else. Cleaning customer pockets rather MPFI
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote