Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 22:53   #8461
BHPian
 
ashishrathi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, from where can I source the OE style spoiler for the Civic? HASS doesn't stock it anymore, plus I wouldn't have been interested at the rates they generally quote. Plus, it would be great if I get a pre-painted one in alabaster silver.

Any pointers?
Since our beloved FD1/2 is no more in production. The only way we can source accessories (particularly body kits, spoiler etc.) is from online portals like Alibaba, Ebay etc.

Or if we are lucky enough, we can find some at popular car accessory markets like Karol Bagh & Palika Bhawan in Delhi.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 00:00   #8462
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 966 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
@Sumeet I'm using Sonax Clear View Concentrate (made in Germany) since last 2 years which I bought from MGA outlet. It works like charm and cleans the windshield in one stroke both in case of my Civic and Swift.

You should change your wiper blades if they are leaving streaks else you can try this concentrate.
Thank you very much. I iused sonax windshield washer and also used sonax glass cleaner and the haze has disappeared. The sonax washer fluid is a great product and keeps the windshield squeaky clean. I should have bought it earlier.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 08:08   #8463
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 738
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Visited two FNG, and both confirmed pump need to be replaced !. Its available in 2nd hand market (12 or 13k), as compared to 32k with Honda ASS. Though its claimed to be of crashed vehicles, I am thinking it could refurbished. Any experience with 2nd hand PS pump ?
There's a third option, the one I chose. You can source a brand new pump from a reliable spares store...I got mine from a spares dealer in Hyatt place for around 13k. Or you could directly order from Ali Express..that's where these guys source it from. I've seen it being listed there for around 12k.

From what I've learnt now, it's a China made copy, not an original. However, it's been almost two years and I've clocked 38000 kms, I've had no issues.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 17:13   #8464
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
There's a third option, the one I chose. You can source a brand new pump from a reliable spares store...I got mine from a spares dealer in Hyatt place for around 13k. Or you could directly order from Ali Express..that's where these guys source it from. I've seen it being listed there for around 12k.

From what I've learnt now, it's a China made copy, not an original. However, it's been almost two years and I've clocked 38000 kms, I've had no issues.
Thanks, I have started checking this option as well. Which brand (though China) you bought. AliExpress shows it for 9k (including shipping).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...e-620a3bbfae8c

Other sites like https://www.hondapartsnow.com, its 20K, but claims to be original.

Also, any other hidden charges (like customs duty) ?
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 17:31   #8465
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 966 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Thanks, I have started checking this option as well. Which brand (though China) you bought. AliExpress shows it for 9k (including shipping).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...e-620a3bbfae8c

Other sites like https://www.hondapartsnow.com, its 20K, but claims to be original.

Also, any other hidden charges (like customs duty) ?
Rockauto.com is also a option. It comes to 180$ around 11-12k for a new pump and they ship to India as well. Make sure the part no matches if you going to buy online.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 18:19   #8466
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,710
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, from where can I source the OE style spoiler for the Civic? HASS doesn't stock it anymore, plus I wouldn't have been interested at the rates they generally quote. Plus, it would be great if I get a pre-painted one in alabaster silver.

Any pointers?
I got mine from HASS 3 years ago when my car was 4 years old. I got it at a 50% discount since production of the Civic was stopped. Worked out to about 11k INR (inclusive of painting). Don't lose hope and keep checking with all HASS even if it is not in your own city.

You have no choice but to get the spoiler painted from HASS or elsewhere as I was told that the OE spoiler is dispatched that way from Honda.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 19:36   #8467
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Whats the part number for PS pump for Civic 2008. Nearest one I could find in net is
56110RNAA01, 56110RNAA0. But not sure
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 20:16   #8468
BHPian
 
WasavaTyres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indore
Posts: 724
Thanked: 235 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Dear BHPians, I am in talk with a vendor on AliExpress for Civic FD2R spoiler.
Why don't you look at this spoiler
It looks similar to me and will save you the hassle of customs / waiting time and the conversion rates when you pay via card.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, from where can I source the OE style spoiler for the Civic ?
This is the one I had on my car, is this the one you're looking for ?
Attached Images
 
WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 21:14   #8469
BHPian
 
ashishrathi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 73
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Why don't you look at this spoiler
It looks similar to me and will save you the hassle of customs / waiting time and the conversion rates when you pay via card.
Thanks mate. This is exactly the item I was looking for.

I have texted the seller regarding it. Now waiting for his revert.

I would just need to get it repainted in Silver color. On the up side as you mentioned, no hassles of Customs, courier fee and waiting time etc.
ashishrathi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 11:15   #8470
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 966 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Whats the part number for PS pump for Civic 2008. Nearest one I could find in net is
56110RNAA01, 56110RNAA0. But not sure
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3028604 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Check above post. Best call up HASS advisor and ask for the part no.

Some more links.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ring+pump,7380
Remanafactured might be used and refurbished.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pump...ering-6710416/

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 29th June 2017 at 11:22.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 12:28   #8471
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Thanks, pump part number seems to be same.. I could locate all of these in www.hondapartsnow.com , and they claim it to be original !

Waiting for a confirmation FNG before I place the order.
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 14:37   #8472
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 966 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Thanks, pump part number seems to be same.. I could locate all of these in www.hondapartsnow.com , and they claim it to be original !

Waiting for a confirmation FNG before I place the order.
Do they ship to India? Do keep us posted on the outcome of it.

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 16:01   #8473
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 240
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do they ship to India? Do keep us posted on the outcome of it.

Thanks.
Yes they ship to India (atleast thats what site says). I realised many from this Forum itself purchased parts from this site. Will update once I complete this.
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 00:02   #8474
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 966 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Yes they ship to India (atleast thats what site says). I realised many from this Forum itself purchased parts from this site. Will update once I complete this.
I had calculated the rate along with shipping from Rockauto at 12k approx for new pump. Take a look just in case and compare. However it is a aftermarket one rather than oe

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 30th June 2017 at 00:04.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 09:03   #8475
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 738
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Thanks, I have started checking this option as well. Which brand (though China) you bought. AliExpress shows it for 9k (including shipping).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...e-620a3bbfae8c

Other sites like https://www.hondapartsnow.com, its 20K, but claims to be original.

Also, any other hidden charges (like customs duty) ?
There are a lot of vendors on Ali Express, with the price ranging from 9-12k. All are more or less the same. Just verify the part number. Just remember, these are all first copies, not original spares. But they did the trick for me. Some people have complained of a low pump whine while using Chinese pumps so you ought to take that into consideration. Performance wise, not heard these pumps to have issues.
I am unaware of spares reliability on hondapartsnow. Maybe other members can help.

I got a shop owner @palika bhawan to source it for me and he also ordered from Ali Express. I paid arnd 11.5k for the same.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts gaurav_chopra04 Technical Stuff 1360 24th September 2017 15:46
Effective Resume/CV creation ,dos and donts ,suggestions . black12rr Shifting gears 29 26th April 2011 00:55
Darjeeling, Siliguri, Kalimpong - Must see and must eat? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 2 15th October 2008 22:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks