Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th October 2008, 10:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
uh... Aveo is by Chevrolet...

I'am talking of ford cars are not suited for LPG/CNG conversions and for yor information, I was wprking in auto industry for 7 years and I know who manufacturers what and how they manufacture cars also....

I feel you have misunderstood about the above.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 14:30   #17

Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Quite a while. But even If I stayed back in Mumbai, hearing about troubled owners from GM Service people is a big demotivation. Am taking my car for its service tomorrow morning, will talk to them again.

i dont think there is a problem in mumbai with respect to CNG.If you have only a few days in BANGLORE then i think cng can be an option.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 14:37   #18

We had fitted a LPG kit to our 1.8 Optra and the result was real bad, had to take it to the Gas kit fitter every 2 days, the malgunction light wud glow every now and then had to reset the battrey. The GM service here also said the engine life is cutshort by the use of LPG, i suggest you dont go for this messy thin if the Aveo isent suiting your pocket u can sell it and go for a Diesel Verna or a Swift DDIS or any other Diesel car.
madhokritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 10:20   #19

GM is likely to come out with LPG/CNG versions of their sedan (most probably Aveo) by December 2009. One has to wait and see. Apparently GM cars are suited to run on gaseous fuel. I guess, the kit is retrofitted by GM, warranty would still hold.
Sagittarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 23:33   #20

I have a Optra 1.6 fitted with LPG kit . It has not given me any trouble at all . The engine is real smooth and the car goes up to 150 kmph easily . gives around 8.0 kmpl on LPG against around 8.5 on petrol. So I don't see any issues with LPG retro fitment on OPTRA or Aveo it is just the question of good equipment and installation.
ask77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 20:28   #21
Default Re: Aveo CNG/LPG Conversion

Thanks Kush to doing this queries and helping other's to take a decision. Even thought its old thread but it helped me taking decision to go with LPG in my Aveo....I have dropped the plan after going through this thread and recommendation...
raka1o is offline   Reply With Quote