Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th November 2008, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Thanks one and all for the suggestions. The issue is now resolved. Apparently the steering rod was jammed. At first, the mech suspected the pump could have conked off, but fortunately it was alright.

Serviced the complete steering column and its working alright now.
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 11:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Good news. Got it done at Ford or outside ? Charges ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 14:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Good news. Got it done at Ford or outside ? Charges ?
Outside. A mechanic known to a good friend in Vashi. I havent seen the break-up of charges yet, my friend collected the car on my behalf.
He changed the steering wheel oil, greased the steering rod and a few more things that I don't recollect right now.

Apart from this, the exhaust was in bad shape, so got that replaced, the end-can and the middle unit (don't know the technical term for this, sorry).

Engine oil change, gear oil change, a failed plug wire replaced, doors greased and many such small items.

The total bill ran upto 9000 INR. Think its alright. Will see the car this weekend.
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote