Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th November 2008, 12:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
As i mentioned earlier in the post. i started having this problem while i was returning back home. where in i had a big bump on the road and when i came over it my underbody of the car dashed against it. can it any way create a problem of this sort ?
Like I said before, there is a safety switch which cuts off fuel in case of accident (to prevent fuel spillage and fire). This is located on the front passenger side near the place where the feet rests. See towards the wheel arch - you will see a black contraption (which is a trip switch). There is a circular button on it, which has to be reset - press it by inserting your finger inside the switch. The switch sets itself whenever the vehicle the vehicle is subject to any accident / violent jerks. (just like a cut out switch in a domestic mixer) Who knows - you may get lucky! - may be it was this which was malfunctioning!!
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:50   #17

@ Prabhu: i am sorry i have bwwn seeing only the first page of the of thread and wasnt seeing the second page. sorry about that.

regarding the resloution you had given i will surely check it tonight and let you know prabhu. anyway thanks a ton.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 17:06   #18

@ Prabhu:- today when i tried figuring out the clicking noise. its coming from the top left coner inside the front bonnet.what might be the spare in that place. whta might be wrong. someone save me from this.

Regards
Rosario
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:09   #19
BHPian

rosario, have you got your car hooked up with engine examiner? dis it show any errors?
kapilsharma80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
@ Prabhu:- today when i tried figuring out the clicking noise. its coming from the top left coner inside the front bonnet.what might be the spare in that place. whta might be wrong. someone save me from this.

Regards
Rosario
Top Left means where the battery is placed? Thats where the ECU and main fuses and some electric thing is placed.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Bang on gemithomas. i think the curlprit is either main fuse box or the ecu.
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:04   #22
BHPian

the clicks are relays.

they have elecromagnetic coils in them that attract a metal strip when activated. The strip banging against the coil is what makes the 'click'.

If you are getting continuous clicks, that means the relay is getting activated repeatedly. (Ideally, it should turn on and remain that way)

Mostly, this happens due to faulty contacts.
Or, the relay may be damaged.

Just get all relays checked. Pay special attention to the wires leading to the relay.

Also, get the fuses checked and the fuel cut-off switch as mentioned above.

Mostly, your car will be fine after doing this.
If not, then its an ECU issue, cause that is what controls the relays.
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 10:27   #23

when i checked in examiner in concorde motors. he said the problem is some error code and he has erased it and their is no problem in the ecu

@ Gemi thomas:- its not the battery side where the sound is coming from and its on the left side ( when i stand in front of the car its on the left top corner where clicking noise comes from and the battery is on the right top corner)

I am giving it in concorde motors tommorrow. and i have actullay recorded the clicking noise in my mobile phone. what all the things that i need to ask the mechanic to check tommorrow.

cheers.
Rosario
Old 24th November 2008, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nothing Much. Just let him find where the sound is coming from.

Are you sure all your spark plugs are tight. You hear such noises when the plug is loose and the spark comes out.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 14:04   #25
BHPian

Rosario, get your alternator checked too.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:24   #26
BANNED

Hi Rosario, any updates ? is the issue resolved ??
sfilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 21:33   #27

@ sfilinto ;- the issue is not over yet. i gave the car in conconrde motors. they checked the car and the serivce engineer was saying that their is no problem in the car.

the first day after checking in Examiner he said some problem with the ignition and he is waiting for an spare so that he can check it in my vehicle.

the next day he said the problem is not that when he tries in examiner its not showing any error message.

the third day he said it seems that their is some problem in AC compressor. which costs close to 30k and said it not advisable to change and he had lubricated and i can use it for now.

so finally managed to take the car since he said their is no problem. i drove the vehicle for 180 kms without any problem. now again the same problem occured while i was going with my family. so managed to come back home.

now i thinking of giving my car and going for a new vehicle probably i10 ( 1.1 IRDE) because i dont have the expertise to maintin this kind of car.

anyways thanks a lot guys for the compassion. i feel really heart broken when i say that i need to seel this car. becuase this is my first ever car.

Cheers
Rosario
Old 16th December 2008, 23:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Even I get this clicking noise from the left hand side of the Bonnet, while facing the bonnet. But this noise disappears after a while, and has never been a reason for any breakdowns.
There was an instance where there was a breakdown and the car just wouldn't start. Next day, the breakdown guy comes, cranks for 4-5 times and it starts again. But it again repeated after a few days. The problem was diagnosed to a faulty RPM sensor. Once that was changed, the car started in half a crank. Also, please note that after the breakdown guy came and started the car in 4-5 cranks, itwas taken to the workshop where they connected the computer to the ECU. But it did not show any error, just because the RPm sensor is running at that time.

The RPM sensor is just near the Oil Sump. Try to remove it and clean it with petrol. Or best, change it. It costs 1k.

PS: What would this clicking noise from the left side be? I had recently changed my alternator.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 00:06   #29
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Please tell me how the car dies down

When driving and when in gear has the car stopped. If it has stopped while in gear please tell me exactly the symptoms you felt in the car. Did it sputter down or did it die down completely. Was it like a fuel starvation problem or a spark flow problem. I am keen to know and possibly try and find a solution.
Please ask the mechanic exactly from which relay the click is coming from.
As Vinit mentioned it sould be the RPM sensor but I am at wits end about the click noise from the left top when facing the bonnet. In the 1.6 engine the click noise is of the fuel pump relay but it is situated just behind the battery in a black box held by two bolts of size 12.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 17th December 2008 at 00:09.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 16:45   #30
BHPian

Rosario,
Lady luck seems to be smiling the other way! You seem have to continued run of bad luck!!
RPM Sensor - that's a new one to me - why don't you try it out as a last attempt?
But I am pretty sure of these two - clicking noise must mean there is some problem with the relay or the ECU controlling it; and, no code for this error while reading the ECU means that the fault is not getting recorded.
I saw a good and detailed article on ECU - no matter the car you own - the details given will help you to understand how and why ECU is now the key element.
And Concorde Motors - never thought that they would be unable to diagnose the issue - why don't you try some BOSCH service centre? They have one in Teynampet - BOSCH is pioneer of many auto electric innovations and they must be well equipped to track the problems - they are after all OE to many companies worldwide.
Finally, i10 is a good choice - here is wishing you all the best of motoring!!
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote