Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th December 2008, 13:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Good Lord !!! 25k. Any other major thing you got done in that service ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 13:52   #17

I had my ikon suspension overhauled at around 46,000 Km at the ford service centre. They replaced all the shockers and dampers, both the lower arms, all the rubber bushes and the engine mounts. The total bill including a full service came to approx. 25,000 Rs. The car suspension felt fine for a while but within 3,000 KM, it was back to as it was before the suspension overhaul.

I took it back to the service centre, they couldn't find anything wrong with either the shockers/dampers or the lower arms but decided to keep the car for a day anyway. When I picked up the car in the evening, the suspension felt like new again, they said they couldn't find anything wrong so they just tightened all the nuts and bolts again.

The car ran fine after that for about a 1000 odd km and now the problem has resurfaced. The ride is a lot more jarring, I can feel and hear a lot of thuds that were not there when I bought the car or after getting the suspension overhaul. Now It feels just as like it was right before the suspension overhaul.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I have new shockers, dampers and lower mounts that have barely done 3000 km. Is it possible that they charged me for a complete suspension overhaul but didn't put new parts?
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 14:06   #18

My 2005 1.6er which has clocked 51000 till date had the same problem. The ride was bumpy even on smooth highways and over potholes, it was like riding a horse. Initially i thought it has something to do with the dampers .

And since i had already said "GOODBYE" to Ford service, i handed over the work to a local workshop near my office. They changed the bush kit and the cost came to around Rs 2800 including labour charge. The ride is now back to normal and they said that there was no problem with the stud or the shock absorber.
sandeep_vgl is offline   Reply With Quote