Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th November 2008, 19:23   #1
BHPian

Default Engine will not start...security system issue?

Hi BHPians,

I have a problem where in my wife's Alto does not start and when the key is not in the ignition position, I hear a "click-click" sound constantly like a bomb ticking away.
Now the story is long but this car was with in-laws & was driven by their driver from Hyderabad to Bangalore. They insist nothing was wrong there so I am assuming something happened on the way.

The car comes with a dealer fitter security system "Fort Knox". I am positive this is causing it because yesterday, I disconnected the power supply of the security system and the sound stopped.

Now could someone help me understand what is going on? Has an engine immobilser kicked in?

I will try to post some images of the security system because I figured its location by tracing the sound & its coming from behind the dashboard right above the accelrator pedal. After a little craming & looking under the dash, I spotted it.
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 23:10   #2
BHPian

Try disconnecting this 'fort knox' thing. might work, very very big fluke if it does though
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 01:24   #3
BHPian

try and contact the company brother. If its a good company, a manual will definitely come handly.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 10:41   #4
BHPian

try contacting
Car Shop - dealer of fort knox.
Mr Sandeep Pagaria
+(91)-(80)-22247264,41145587,41326270
No.12/7,f Samson Cmplx, Mission Road, Bangalore - 560027

maybe his tech can resolve the problem. Or give you the fort knox, Bangalore service center address and no.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:22   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I have a problem where in my wife's Alto does not start and when the key is not in the ignition position, I hear a "click-click" sound constantly like a bomb ticking away.
Your starter / solenoid is not getting enough juice from the battery. This is almost certainly caused by the security system chap altering your ignition wiring (for the engine immobiliser feature). I faced the exact same issue when a chor lock was fitted in my Jeep. Faulty wiring was the culprit.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote