Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th November 2008, 23:30   #91
BANNED

Yes Swami, Tata is hopeless. 35K is not a big deal at all.

Now can we wait for the real cause?

Edit: Not from TASC / TASS but I'm hoping for some indications from bglsrini about symptoms he faced prior to braking on Hosur Road.

Last edited by hrag : 19th November 2008 at 23:36.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 23:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Hey will you guys stop turning this into yet another Scorp/Safari arguement and wait for bglsrini to update us?

Suman - resist the temptation. Its not worth it.
Youre so right. it certainly is tempting but certainly not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post

Now can we wait for the real cause?
Do you really believe that the high techies at TASS can give us the real cause. They will certainly come up with assumptions as varied as we have on this thread.

As far as an engineer from TML is concerned, he will probably try to find fault not root cause.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th November 2008 at 13:08. Reason: see note in post
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 10:24   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Suman - resist the temptation. Its not worth it.
I do agree with that Steer. Besides there's the IQ level factor as well. So I'll restrain myself
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 12:12   #94
BHPian

I thank all you friends for your support.I am back in town and yet to here from the TASS.I am keeping in tough with them and planning to visit them after my office works are attended to. The TASS is also waiting for the TATA reports.In the mean time Iam sending mails to TATA.

Further,I feel I have abused my BULL a lot.
This is a nice forum where we our mistakes are also been identified and helps us correct ourself.

I will keep things updated.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 12:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Further,I feel I have abused my BULL a lot.

I will keep things updated.
Dont tell this to Tata Guys
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 12:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, the Safari chasis and suspension are incredibly strong. Once I was driving on an unknown road at about 60-70 kph and there was this crest in the road which dipped quite abruptly on the other side- sorta like a mini cliff in teh middle of the road!

the truck actually took off at the crest and landed with a thump, i I was pretty sure I had cooked the suspension (two wheels went in the air at 60 kph- so figure). but to my amazement, there was zilch effect on the suspension. I have driven over 3000 kms since then and also got the suspension checked in the last service, but thankfully, nothing wrong so far! And mind you- mine is the 3.0 litre mill, which is much heavier than the 2.2

so Srini- you must have REALLY abused your truck for there to be a suspension collapse.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I do agree with that Steer. Besides there's the IQ level factor as well. So I'll restrain myself
yes buddy, also do restain yourself from passing indirect personal comments as you dont personally know me and so about my IQ levels. now dont start that "it was not for you" crap! i cant understand whats this all fuss about? i expressed my own opinions the way the other mebers did, so suman, pls take it sportingly. i have my own opinions and its not necessary you should like all the comments made by me and vice-versa. and so its better not to assume anything about each other on personal levels as you are not good at it!

now lets get back to the topic before the moderator needs to interfere.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:18   #98
BHPian

I got a call from sunil rao ,works manager in prerana motors and he is saying that the wheel has hit some divider and the alloys got damaged. Because of this the consequences have happened.I told him i did not hit anything and explained him completly. But he says there are marks on tyre and if not now it would have happened slightly earlier.They are asking me to go for insurance.I have mailed the details to TATA's too and shall wait for their reply.
Old 20th November 2008, 13:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Srini,
So is TATA trying to palm it off on you saying that?

At the speed you were in, if you would have hit a divider you would have ended up with more damage(somersaults etc). Nothing ever happened like that!
Insist on TATA!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Please ask him to send you pictures or go there & take pictures of this so-called "Impact" on the wheel & tyre. That itself will tell the story.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:32   #101
BHPian

Let me wait for reply from TATA and then decide.
Old 20th November 2008, 13:38   #102
BHPian

what crap!!!!!! by the time the vehicle came to a stop, the tyre was literally ripped apart and the alloys would have been damaged because of the impact directly!! and how on earth did they come to a conclusion that the alloy was damaged previously that too by hitting a divider or something????
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:47   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from sunil rao ,works manager in prerana motors and he is saying that the wheel has hit some divider and the alloys got damaged. Because of this the consequences have happened.I told him i did not hit anything and explained him completly. But he says there are marks on tyre and if not now it would have happened slightly earlier.They are asking me to go for insurance.I have mailed the details to TATA's too and shall wait for their reply.
Man. Isn't it exactly what I was telling you. I know every nerve of these Tata Guys. They will blame everything on you finally. And you got aftermarket Alloys, which becomes the soft side on your part. They will do everything possible to tell you that YOU WERE WRONG and the car was perfect. Tell them you will have to go to the consumer court if they dont fix it. If the car had hit the divider, there has to be a hit somewhere else as well. If the tyre hits a divider at that speed, some other part of teh body should also get hit, at least the side step. Take all pictures and be ready to put them in a mess.

Last edited by rajismine : 20th November 2008 at 13:50.
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:53   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from sunil rao ,works manager in prerana motors and he is saying that the wheel has hit some divider and the alloys got damaged. Because of this the consequences have happened.
Hmmm, time to call up the South Regional Office of TATA directly I think. Looks like the dealer is trying to pass the buck.

Have you been getting it serviced at Prerna as well?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 13:54   #105
BHPian

I will wait for TATA to reply me and then i will take a call.I dont want to rush into anything now.I have requested them to understand and confirm.I did not do any wrong and if i did,I would have admitted in the first instance only. Here i am clear and I am waiting for their help so all safari/tata vechiles owners understand TATA better.

Last edited by bglsrini : 20th November 2008 at 13:57.