Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th September 2012, 21:04   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Paintless Dent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I want to know if PDR is possible to fix dents on the entire roof of my Lancer.
Depends on the dents, really. Shallow dents with slight or no creases can be normally popped out. But when on the roof, it also means removing upholstery to gain access to metal.

Getting it refitted with factory precision and finish, is probably another project!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 24th September 2012 at 21:11.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 10:19   #137
BHPian

I got my first dent today after 1.5 months of owning my ritz today. A 2 wheeler moron motorist suddenly decided to steer left in front of my car just before DND Noida toll gate . Braked hard but could not avoid contact. I almost got an attack when i stepped out to see the damage immediately. I need your help guys. The dent is over the left wheel well. Paint seems to have cracked where the dent is. Please suggest a good place in Noida for me to get rid of this dent over the weekend .
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 15:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
get rid of this dent over the weekend .
Sorry I saw this too late. Sec 16 auto market, Anwar Khan Motors might do it nicely. But, always try to post a pix for a better suggestion. In case already done, share the experience.
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 09:13   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Sorry I saw this too late. Sec 16 auto market, Anwar Khan Motors might do it nicely. But, always try to post a pix for a better suggestion. In case already done, share the experience.
I got the dent fixed from sec 16 itself. I got the panel painted in jagat motors, sec 2. Colour matching is impeccable indeed. All this for 900 bucks. Maruti bodyshop quoted 2600 for the same. They remove dents at jagat motors too. Got to know later. I would certainly recommend them.
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 09:49   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I got the dent fixed from sec 16 itself. I got the panel painted in jagat motors, sec 2. Colour matching is impeccable indeed. All this for 900 bucks. Maruti bodyshop quoted 2600 for the same. They remove dents at jagat motors too. Got to know later. I would certainly recommend them.
Please do post details about the workshop in the directory section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/

It will help other readers and guests.

Thanks
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 11:33   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I had forgotten about this, but Mr. Gaikwad called me this weekend and asked to see the scratches on the Jazz.
He was kind enough to come all the way to Kothrud and try to get rid of them. Unfortunately, no success; it seemed to be the same case as that of Racer_X's car.

Within the last week, my inlaws' Wagon R had accumulated two rocking dents; one each on the front bumper and the C pillar. He got to work and the dents were gone in an hour or so.

I asked him if he provided the same service in Mumbai. He said he can do that in Navi Mumbai by appointment and also willing to do it on Western line if there is enough business to warrant a trip there. Maybe you guys can coordinate among fellow bhpians/ neighbours and invite him there from Navi Mumbai for a day. IIRC, Ajay has already shared his number. If not, send me a PM and I will reply with the number
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Pls PM contact details of Mr. Gaikwad. Need couple of dents to take care of.

Thnks
Can someone help me with his contact details/ any other person for Mumbai who can do this? Need a few dents fixed.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 15:05   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Please do post details about the workshop in the directory section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/

It will help other readers and guests.

Thanks
Sure, I shall do it for sure.
pulsarmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 09:47   #143
BHPian

Has anyone any experience with 'Pops-a-dent' . Found it on e-bay and got this video when I googled it.

DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 16:12   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Has anyone any experience with 'Pops-a-dent' . Found it on e-bay and got this video when I googled it.
It does work, albeit not as perfectly as what their advertisements show . I'm composing a review thread on this product (currently on assembly line) and hopefully that might answer some of your questions once it goes live. Should you buy it right away?? I don't think so; it works only on certain types of dents. You could probably wait for some honest views (I'll give loads of those, hehe) and then take a call, since this product costs upwards of 1k , not exactly cheap by any standards.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th July 2013 at 16:21.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 13:46   #145
BHPian

Hi Team-Bhpians,

Attaching dent caused on my spark (Don't know how!) when car was given to local mechanic. Repenting as to why gave the car outside Chevy service centre. Any clues about what can be done. Dent is most probably caused by a rod of some kind (maybe wheel spanner handle or similar tool). Attaching the pic for your guidance. Asked the Service centre about what can be done- they say cannot be done via paint-less procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-20130815001.jpeg  

sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 09:52   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
It does work, albeit not as perfectly as what their advertisements show . I'm composing a review thread on this product (currently on assembly line) and hopefully that might answer some of your questions once it goes live. Should you buy it right away?? I don't think so; it works only on certain types of dents. You could probably wait for some honest views (I'll give loads of those, hehe) and then take a call, since this product costs upwards of 1k , not exactly cheap by any standards.
It's not 1K. See http://www.tradus.com/pops-dent-easy...lability:true_
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 13:50   #147
BHPian

Just ordered for a Pops-a-Dent kit from Rediff, let's see will post the results after I get it. Kit cost is 250 bucks. Also found this on the net which maybe useful http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Use...ely&id=2156000
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 19:57   #148

Arrow Need suggestions on approximate cost for fixing dent - Pictures attached

Hi Guys,

I have not even received the RC book for my car yet as it has been only 24 days. Even before I could receive the RC, my car was rear ended by a loser when it was PARKED. Day before, my car was parked in the office parking lot and this guy banged his car into the boot of my Nissan Micra Active and he says that he braked but due to the granite flooring in one particular area, his car skidded and he hit my car. I was inside the office and luckily the security guys informed me immediately that someone had rear ended my car. This guy hit the car and coolly walked away into his office and had the audacity to say that it would cost only Rs. 150 or 200 to fix the issues when I called him outside. I am attaching pictures of the damage and pretty sure that the guy who hit was riding at a significant speed as the car had moved around 7 or 8 meters in spite of the hand brake. I'm still wondering what the heck he was trying to do driving at such speeds inside the parking lot. Apart from the dents visible in the pictures, the boot lock got jammed due to which I cannot lock the car using my remote as the car does not get locked even if one of the doors (including the boot) is open. Anyway, I've already given the car to the Nissan workshop as it is just 22 days old and I didn't want to do the dent repair job outside. The workshop guys have confirmed that the bumper has to be replaced apart from which they will know the final charges for fixing the dent and lock etc. in a couple of days. They are estimating the total amount to be around Rs. 14,000. I talked to the insurance guys and initially made a claim but cancelled it later as I will lose my NCB of 20% next year apart from which this is no fault of mine as some guy banged his car when it was parked. I cannot go through third party as well as the accident is not big enough for police to file an FIR, charge sheet, take that to the Motor Cycle tribunal court and go through the process etc. I talked to the Bajaj Allianz insurance guys who themselves agreed that 3rd party insurance might look easy on paper but the practical difficulties of getting FIR, bribing cops to do their job, finding the correct Jurisdiction where the charge sheet has to be taken for further processing etc. is a lengthy process and after all these formalities, the 3rd party insurance is approved. Going through all these hassles when there is a huge damage is worth it but not for a dent issue.

So, I've decided to pay the amount and just give the copy of bill to the guy who hit the car. He has nowhere else to go or hide as he also works in my office complex. I've been discussing with the guy who hit the car and he claims that the job could've been done for an amount lot lesser than 14K outside including paint job etc. I have to negotiate with this guy now and somehow get my money back.

I am not even thinking about getting my car back from Nissan workshop and doing it outside but just wanted to get some suggestions on approximately how much the repair job would've costed outside without going to Nissan.

Thank you for your inputs and please let me know if I could've done something different in this case.

It is extremely frustrating as I never imagined that someone would hit a parked car.
Attached Images

mavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 15:52   #149
BHPian

Friends,

Can any one tell me if there is a good dent repair body workshop in TRIVANDRUM, Kerala. My Linea is hit by a two wheeler and door is damaged to an extent. I have shown a local garage and they quoted 4K. can anyone help me in finding a good shop where i can rectify the damage.

Thanks
harryms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 11:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Friends,

Can any one tell me if there is a good dent repair body workshop in TRIVANDRUM, Kerala. My Linea is hit by a two wheeler and door is damaged to an extent. I have shown a local garage and they quoted 4K. can anyone help me in finding a good shop where i can rectify the damage.

Thanks
Take in to hotwheels next to infy and give my refrence

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote