Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th March 2015, 10:47   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post

One of the reasons for air lock is due to damage done to any part of the fuel pipes. Can I arrest the air lock if I replace only that part which has the damage? Do I need to change the whole fuel line set which costs a bomb at Ford?
Have you going the source of the air lock?

I mean the 'Damaged' part that is sucking-in air?

AFAIK, fuel lines are made of steel or some such stronger material and not plastic so cutting and only replacing the damaged part doesn't seem viable and worthy.

Look at second hand car dealer to source parts at a cheaper price. Isn't that cars engine shared with the Ikon or Fiesta Classic?
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 11:22   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Jeep airlock - in fuel system

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have you going the source of the air lock?

I mean the 'Damaged' part that is sucking-in air?

AFAIK, fuel lines are made of steel or some such stronger material and not plastic so cutting and only replacing the damaged part doesn't seem viable and worthy.

Look at second hand car dealer to source parts at a cheaper price. Isn't that cars engine shared with the Ikon or Fiesta Classic?
Yes. The cars engine is shared with Fiesta and Figo. And the damaged part is a hard plastic pipe that supplies fuel to the diesel filter. This fuel pipe lies beneath the air filter. It looks as if the whole weight of the air filter lies on the fuel pipes. Hence the damage. Will be visiting the Ford A.S.S in a couple of days to replace only the damaged part.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 12:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The cars engine is shared with Fiesta and Figo. And the damaged part is a hard plastic pipe that supplies fuel to the diesel filter. This fuel pipe lies beneath the air filter. It looks as if the whole weight of the air filter lies on the fuel pipes. Hence the damage. Will be visiting the Ford A.S.S in a couple of days to replace only the damaged part.
The Diesel Fiesta's main and return diesel pipe is close to 15,000.
These pipes are located close to the air filter, with all kinds of acute angle bends. They tend to rub against each other and end up chaffing, sucking up air.
It was a nasty surprise for me, when they mentioned the price @ASS.
Later got it plastic welded for under 200 bucks.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 13:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The Diesel Fiesta's main and return diesel pipe is close to 15,000.
These pipes are located close to the air filter, with all kinds of acute angle bends. They tend to rub against each other and end up chaffing, sucking up air.
Yes, I was quoted the same price, but I did not find it sesible to change the whole set. I insisted that they show me the spare of the damaged part only. They willingly did. Lucky that you were able to repair the damaged part. My car needs a new one.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They willingly did. Lucky that you were able to repair the damaged part. My car needs a new one.
So does this mean that you will be changing only the 'defective' part?

What about reliability issues and part life post repair? Expected price for the repairs?
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 10:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Visited FORD A.S.S at Tolichowki yesterday. I was in shock for sometime when they quoted that the spare parts would cost me close to 20,000.00 R.s. I would be very happy to know if there are any mech shops in Hyderabad where plastic welding is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So does this mean that you will be changing only the 'defective' part?

What about reliability issues and part life post repair? Expected price for the repairs?
You may see my response above. The mechanics and S.A at A.S.S admitted that Ford spare parts are priced insanely.
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Visited FORD A.S.S at Tolichowki yesterday. I was in shock for sometime when they quoted that the spare parts would cost me close to 20,000.00 R.s. I would be very happy to know if there are any mech shops in Hyderabad where plastic welding is done.
Sorry buddy, I don't have a clue about Hyderabad.
Perhaps, you could get in touch with any of those independent mechanics worth their salt.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote