Team-BHP - Less pickup after servicing of OHC 1.5..Urgent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Less pickup after servicing of OHC 1.5..Urgent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/50717-less-pickup-after-servicing-ohc-1-5-urgent.html)

hello folks,
searched the forum for my problem before posting but couldnt get desired results, hence this new thread.

I gave my OHC 1.5 Exi for servicing to automax honda on sunday after it completed 80K. The guys at honda said that they change certain parts in 80K service such as 'fuel filter' and 'spark plugs' apart from usual parts which are changed during servicing but i insisted them on not changing my spark plugs as i had recently replaced them with Bosch plugs.
Anyways after i got my car from servicing i noticed that there was a slight drop in pickup but i thought it might settle down after few kms since some new parts were installed.
Now yesterday and today when i drove my car on highway i noticed that the pickup has dropped drastically. There's a certain heaviness in accelerator and the car is just not pulling as it used to be. Also its not revving as freely and smoothly as it was earlier. I redlined it in 1st and 2nd gear to check and it certainly dint feel like honda. The engine is also sounding bit gruffy especially when revved.
I contacted automax today and they asked me to bring the car to their workshop in evening but i'm not really sure whether they will be able to help much.
so guys please help me out with this problem and what could be the potential reason. This is the first time i have experienced such a problem with my honda. I would appreciate if i can get prompt replys so that i can have some clarity before going to automax.

Also for reference i'm mentioning the work done on my honda:
Fuel injector cleaning, Throttle body cleaning, Fuel oil & air filter replaced, engine oil changed etc.

thanks in advance

Does the check engine light come on? Take the service centers opinion on it and post it back here . Let the experts here voice their advice first, incase they suggest some expensive part replacements.

no everything is working normal and there's no check engine light. Also i believe that the problem i'm facing is something to do with the way honda guys tuned my engine. Actually i'm short of ideas how can car become slow after servicing and tuning of engine.

Prob your ECU has been reset. Just give it some time, it'l be back to normal in a day or 2.

I face this prob after every major service and have even experienced the same thing when i had reset the ECU.

Shan2nu

Hi Ashish,

a NA car responds drastically to some minor changes made to it!

It is possible that your timing might have been retarded or reduced if it were a bit advance.

Also, maybe your tappets have been reset, thereby making your car feel sluggish. A good possibility that your ecu was reset, as they might have disconnected the battery. If this is the case then you should do a couple of spirited runs and the ecu will adapt according to your driving style.

Last but not the least..I think you also have a VRs then maybe its just the "VRs" syndrome!lol:

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish22 (Post 1094917)
no everything is working normal and there's no check engine light. Also i believe that the problem i'm facing is something to do with the way honda guys tuned my engine. Actually i'm short of ideas how can car become slow after servicing and tuning of engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 1094993)
Prob your ECU has been reset. Just give it some time, it'l be back to normal in a day or 2.

I face this prob after every major service and have even experienced the same thing when i had reset the ECU.

Shan2nu

Hi Shan2nu,

I'm a noob here so kindly forgive my ignorance but how does an ECU reset go back to normal on its own?Wouldn't you need to change it and tune it yourself to get it back to the way you want it? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjr0498 (Post 1095031)
Hi Ashish,

a NA car responds drastically to some minor changes made to it!

It is possible that your timing might have been retarded or reduced if it were a bit advance.

Also, maybe your tappets have been reset, thereby making your car feel sluggish. A good possibility that your ecu was reset, as they might have disconnected the battery. If this is the case then you should do a couple of spirited runs and the ecu will adapt according to your driving style.

Last but not the least..I think you also have a VRs then maybe its just the "VRs" syndrome!lol:

Cheers
Shrey

thanks a lot guys..one thing i can assure you is that i'm going to rip my car on highway today while coming back to home, i can already see myself redlining it in 1st, 2nd & 3rd :D
btw couple of q's:
1. if its a timing issue how to advance it?
2. what is tappet?:deadhorse
3. so u guys think that i should not take my car so soon to honda and see for 1-2 days?

it cant be vRS syndrome because to be honest i'd rather pick my OHC over vRS if i want to have fun on road. Although vRS is way faster but once i drive my OHC i forget about vRS acceleration in few mins. It so much more involving whereas with vRS i need proper roads and conditions to rip..

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick030581 (Post 1095041)
Hi Shan2nu,

I'm a noob here so kindly forgive my ignorance but how does an ECU reset go back to normal on its own?Wouldn't you need to change it and tune it yourself to get it back to the way you want it? stupid:

Go through these threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...resetting.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...u-ecm-ems.html

@hyper
Both are really helpful articles.Cleared all my queries and doubts.I always felt that a car adapts itself according to the driver(which is why my accent felt faster than others to my friends :)) but never had a valid explanation of the same.Thanks a ton for helping educate the uninitiated mate :thumbs up

well i'd reset my ecu yesterday and then ripped my car for first 7-8 kms, tried to redline it in most of the gearshifts :D
and i feel somehow my honda is returning back to what it was..i'll wait till weekend otherwise i'll make a trip to honda
well i'm going to honda today anyways as i've won a lucky draw coupon :D