Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th July 2009, 13:05   #16

Even after CNG Fiasco car has a bit lag. Should I go for a decarb? if yes then let me know a good place in Gurgaon or South Delhi.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 13:59   #17

Hope there is still life on this thread since I am picking up a 6 months old one! Now there is goof-up which my brother did on his car. 2 years back, he bought a Indica Xeta drove it well for over 3 months and then did something to repent, fitted a CNG kit on it. For a few months things look good. Then the knocking and mis-firing started on the car. You accelarate, give more gas and what you get is firing all over. To make things worst, the car does not work on petrol anymore, the dual switching is over! he likes his car spacious, economical insipite of its usual Indica problem with quality & service but this fuel thing is the most nerd thing done on the car.
Anyone knows what to do to fix this?
DarshanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 15:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

If the car does not run at all on petrol. Then it looks like an ECU problem. Resetting it will help temporarily but the problem will re-surface within a week. I used to have the same problems and my EXU was changed numerous times under warranty. It used to cost 14,000/- at the time.
Deeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 16:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Xeta used to come with the CNG kit as a dealer fitment or as Factory Fitment.

The dealer should be able to fix this for you.Else I suggest you contact the local representative of the kit manufacturer to help you out.

Only yesterday,I heard of a similar problem in a XETA CNG which got solved by the dealer.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote