Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd March 2010, 16:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

^^^Low gas pressure is prolly the most common cause of low cooling. So better check the high and low side pressures first. But if the level is low, make sure you find the leak. Don't just top up.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:00   #62
BHPian

@Raccoon, thanks for the response buddy.

Any information on, how can i ensure that there is no leakage of the gas as a DIY.

As my car has done only 3500 kms, the possibility of a leakage cannot be ruled out, what you say ?
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there is any DIY remedy for leakage.... except maybe something just needs tightening. For everything else, like o rings, hoses, etc., you just have to replace. Hoses can be repaired though... but that means the entire rubber part has to be replaced. Only the connectors are reused. IMO its best to replace the whole thing in most cases. In any case, I don't think MASS undertakes such repairs at their own workshops at least.

But before anything else, you gotta 1st located the leak!

Leakage in just 3,500 is rather unusual. But I guess not impossible.

Last edited by Raccoon : 2nd March 2010 at 17:24.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:48   #64
BHPian

Default Suzuki Swift AC Compressor Issue

So now the car has completed 88K kms and went for the regular service and oil changes.

One element which I had not considered was AC Servicing till now cause it was working perfectly - chilling the car cabin in the minimal possible time. However for past few K's kms I was observing the AC effectiveness to be somewhat less effective during the day(noon)than how it used to be earlier. In the eveing the cooling was perfect.

So thought about going ahead and added the AC Servicing into the scheme of things in the periodic service interval of the car.

Now this is where few things were brought to my mind and hence this thread.

1. Gas was low, it was topped up during the regular AC Servicing of clearing the condensor etc.

2. The AC Compressor life is 80K / 4 yrs as per MASS and mine was also showing the signs of age - the SA advised that it can work for some time but then eventually I will need to get it replaced. Cost is 12K.

Post the servicing the AC effectivness has improved, however I am still thinking how long will it work till the compressor conks off completely.

Now thats where I started thinking - I know the condensor's can be repaired and as far as I know the bearing are the culprits mostly - but what I would like to know is does it perform like new once its serviced.

And secondly what are the options I have apart from getting it done at MASS - any other reputed place where this can be replaced.

Which company makes the AC Compressor for Swift - Denso/Subros
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 21:33   #65
BANNED

Default Re: Suzuki Swift AC Compressor Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post

Now thats where I started thinking - I know the condensor's can be repaired and as far as I know the bearing are the culprits mostly - but what I would like to know is does it perform like new once its serviced.

And secondly what are the options I have apart from getting it done at MASS - any other reputed place where this can be replaced.

Which company makes the AC Compressor for Swift - Denso/Subros
A gas leak in the A/C is something that will happen over time and is not an indication of compressor failure. And yes, servicing of the compressor with OE parts by a mechanic (even outside of MASS) who knows what he is doing will make it as good as new. Subros make the compressors for Swift.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote