Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th March 2014, 00:48   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Any idea for the cost of swifts rear glass. Some drunk got in an argument with a friend and busted my glass then ran away. Perks of running a store neighboring a wine shop.
It should be roughly around 2k for an MGP glass. Labour charges will be extra. If its the one with defroster it could be a little more. I remember paying 3.9k for replacing Rear windshield which had a defroster and antenna. Hence in your case it'll definitely be cheaper, that too the glass being smaller than my car. The old price list points out to a cost of 1900. Not sure of the exact variant though.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 15:57   #32
BHPian

It's been more than a year now that the windscreen on my Santro Xing cracked. Though it doesn't cause me any problems while driving, but I was still thinking of getting it replaced. Shall I take a claim for the windscreen or shall I pay for it out of my own pocket ? My current premium is around Rs.5000 with a NCB of 20% this year.

I first got a quote from Windshield Experts, who quoted Rs.5700 for Asahi if I get it done out of my own pocket & Rs.1600 if I take an insurance claim.

I then contacted Oberoi Glass house, here in Kashmiri Gate Delhi. They said that they can't get Me Asahi but can give me a "Pilkington" windshield at Rs.2500+400 fitting, which as per him is equivalent to Asahi.
Has anyone here heard of Pilkington Windshields ? How good are they ?
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 16:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
It's been more than a year now that the windscreen on my Santro Xing cracked. Though it doesn't cause me any problems while driving, but I was still thinking of getting it replaced. Shall I take a claim for the windscreen or shall I pay for it out of my own pocket ? My current premium is around Rs.5000 with a NCB of 20% this year.

I first got a quote from Windshield Experts, who quoted Rs.5700 for Asahi if I get it done out of my own pocket & Rs.1600 if I take an insurance claim.

I then contacted Oberoi Glass house, here in Kashmiri Gate Delhi. They said that they can't get Me Asahi but can give me a "Pilkington" windshield at Rs.2500+400 fitting, which as per him is equivalent to Asahi.
Has anyone here heard of Pilkington Windshields ? How good are they ?
No replies yet.

Can anyone advice me on this situation ?
Old 10th April 2014, 16:28   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
No replies yet.

Can anyone advice me on this situation ?
I think taking the claim makes more sense. You pay 1600 and lose your NCB of 20% ( which comes to around 1000 rs given the 5k premium). So total damages are 2600 rs which works out to be cheaper than the kashmiri gate option. So I suggest you take the windshield expert route or even get it changed by Hyundai since you are taking the claim.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 16:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I think taking the claim makes more sense. You pay 1600 and lose your NCB of 20% ( which comes to around 1000 rs given the 5k premium). So total damages are 2600 rs which works out to be cheaper than the kashmiri gate option. So I suggest you take the windshield expert route or even get it changed by Hyundai since you are taking the claim.
Thank for the reply Dr.Mohit.

I was having a similar opinion but my insurance agent says that it's always better to get smaller repairs done out of pocket rather than taking a claim.
Do you have any ideas about 'Pilkington' ?
I came to know about Pilkington, only from the kishmiri gate guy, but when I did some basic googling I came across decent amount of posts as well as Pilkington's own website.

Now the thing is if It is a decent brand, I could think of getting the glass replaced on my own but if it is not at par with Asahi I would definitely take a claim & get it done from WE or Hyundai itself.

Therefore I am a bit confused & want suggestions from you all.