Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th February 2009, 12:58   #1
BHPian

Default Honda Accord washer leak in gearbox issue

hello viewers anyone facing issues with accord v6 , as i have washer leak in gearbox and i am in touch with honda customer care and local service ,

the service says they have to remove the gearbox to fix the washer and put it back , all this sounds really painful to hear and there is no choice for me as of right now, anyone suggest alternatives or advice to be careful on anything before and after fixing the gearbox. (i am more worried what kind of a job these people will do as this is very rare oppurtunity for the mechanics to use all their thoughts and is there anyway i can use some kind of silicagel or something where i can seal it)

comeon an accord and washer leak and gearbox removal .
hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 13:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

The autobox uses fluid power hence high pressures. The washer leak will become worse in time. Silica gel will not hold the pressure. Removing the gearbox shouldpt be an issue!

Is Honda paying/ contributing to the costs ?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 14:11   #3
BHPian

i opened a complaint with honda customer care and they didnt get back to me yet, but i heard from sundaram service today morning that they got a call from honda and it will not be covered in warranty and i have to bear all the costs for washer and labour. i need to find the right person answerable and then do this
Old 5th February 2009, 19:38   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How many kms up on your Accord? I'd be surprised if the odo is on the lower side.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 22:22   #5
BHPian

i have done 28000 kms its 4 year old vehicle . its sparingly used , not into any abuse also , even the service manager reported to honda that there is no damage thru driving or no impact for any reason.

well he called me up again in the evening saying the washer is on its way and he will fix it on monday . lets hope so