Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th June 2009, 13:44   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My dear friends its a simple question of the amount of cabin space that the AC needs to cool. I have also pointed out earlier also that most of us want close to chilling interiors in the afternoon heat also. How is this possible with temperatures in Mumbai at least soaring to almost 38-39 degrees?
I drove Vista the longest and the Ritz and the A star the shortest, even then I found the Vista AC weaker than the Maruti's.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 19:07   #167
BHPian

I somehow feel that the AC is inconsistent. Sometimes it will chill and sometimes it wont. As far as I am concerned, I am happy with the AC quality
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 19:55   #168
BHPian

Also the odometer is inconsistent as well. It would not move for a couple of hundred kilometers and then it will swiftly move a couple of blocks.
Old 21st June 2009, 00:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My dear friends its a simple question of the amount of cabin space that the AC needs to cool.
Well, that's the reason why the designers should have made an AC that could be ideal for such a cabin. Reasons are not what customers want - only performance. The AC of Vista in my opinion is dismally bad when the ambient temperatures are high.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 20:06   #170
BHPian

I would like to add about Vista A/c or any AC for that matter following things positively/negatively affect cooling
1. Total cabin space in cubic centi (like enginecc)
2. Ambient temp. outside car
3. The humidity levels of atmosphere (the worst enemy of AC)
4. Duration of AC running and
5. Radiator coolent level (car speed vs engine rpm tradeoff)

P.S : providing more effective AC will adversely effect the FE so in a cut throat competition if cabin space & FE are at premium cooling is the easy pray !
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:09   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Also the odometer is inconsistent as well. It would not move for a couple of hundred kilometers and then it will swiftly move a couple of blocks.
This is something which is completely new. Are U trying to say that the digital odo freezes on a certain reading & then after travelling for some few hundred kms simply jumps to a higher figure? \
Pl correct me if I am wrong.
Maverick1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:21   #172
BHPian

so stupid of me to have written what i did.
What i meant was not odo but the fuel indicator. Hope everything makes sense now.
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:28   #173

Default Additional minor issues with Vista

Hi All,

Just got my Indica Vista Dealer yesterday (its beyond 12 in the night). Not sure if this is the right place - Mods please let me know the right thread.

Couple of issues that I faced and would like to highlight -
1) There is a scratch card that you get. It has Rs. 1400 worth of gifts. I didnt get any gift and the dealer said that I will get the gifts after one month - Strange?
2) The registration papers - RC book etc (i assume I will get my pollution certificate also then) and the Insurance papers would reach me after 15 days to one month! Also, the dealer told me that I will only get the lifetime tax paid receipt with the RC book - the other charges would not be mentioned there. On insisting, he said that he will give me a dealer statement one day later!!
Also, he charged me extra Rs. 1000 for affidavit as I did not have a permanent address proof like Ration card or voter's ID in the city I am buying the car!

This apart, my experience with the dealer has been good. But just wanted to know if these issues are normal. If not, is there a way to take these issues up (now that I have already paid the full amount)?
makarand_vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:24   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarand_vista View Post
1) There is a scratch card that you get. It has Rs. 1400 worth of gifts. I didnt get any gift and the dealer said that I will get the gifts after one month - Strange?
Is the scratch card scheme still running? Anyway, This is fine. You will receive your gift by courier in 15 days to one month's time period. Don't worry.

Quote:
2) The registration papers - RC book etc (i assume I will get my pollution certificate also then) and the Insurance papers would reach me after 15 days to one month!
In Pune it takes approx. one month for the RC book in smartcard format to reach us. Insurance in about 8 to 12 days.

Quote:
Also, the dealer told me that I will only get the lifetime tax paid receipt with the RC book - the other charges would not be mentioned there.
LTT paid is again mentioned on the smartcard itself.

Quote:
Also, he charged me extra Rs. 1000 for affidavit as I did not have a permanent address proof like Ration card or voter's ID in the city I am buying the car!
This is very subjective. One can get it done for as low as Rs. 200/- also, if one finds a Notary and gets it done by self.

Quote:
This apart, my experience with the dealer has been good. But just wanted to know if these issues are normal.
AFAIK, there is nothing to worry about. Congratulations! May we ask you for a ownership thread now?
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:25   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarand_vista View Post
Hi All,

Just got my Indica Vista Dealer yesterday (its beyond 12 in the night). Not sure if this is the right place - Mods please let me know the right thread.

Couple of issues that I faced and would like to highlight -
2) The registration papers - RC book etc (i assume I will get my pollution certificate also then) and the Insurance papers would reach me after 15 days to one month! Also, the dealer told me that I will only get the lifetime tax paid receipt with the RC book - the other charges would not be mentioned there. On insisting, he said that he will give me a dealer statement one day later!!

This apart, my experience with the dealer has been good. But just wanted to know if these issues are normal. If not, is there a way to take these issues up (now that I have already paid the full amount)?
First things first - YOUR DEALER IS TAKING YOU FOR A RIDE.
He ought to have given you the Insurance certificate on the very 1st day itself. Which company is the insurance from? A lot of Insurance companies now have an online portal where-in you can download your insurance certificate. Please get this at the earliest as it is illegal to drive without insurance.
As far as RC book is concerned your dealer will get it with-in 15 days. However he should give you the tax payment receipt which will be your temporary proof of registration. Dealer statement??? Is he trying to say that his statement is something that the RTO authorities will accept? Rubbish! His statement is as good as toilet paper.
Lastly the dealer has fleeced you for the affidivict. I was also in the same situation as your's. They asked for 500. I told them to go ahead & that I will pay when I take the delivery. The rest as they say is history.
Please go to your dealer & insist that he now give you some goodies for the amount that he's overcharged. If the dealer does not agree tell him U will complaint to the head office for unfair trade practices. All the Best...
Maverick1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 11:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

a question to the quadrajet/TDi owners. I havent gotten a chance to go through the manuals.what is the recommended API grade of engine oil for either of these engines, and the recommended brands ?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 13:33   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a question to the quadrajet/TDi owners. I havent gotten a chance to go through the manuals.what is the recommended API grade of engine oil for either of these engines, and the recommended brands ?
Technical Information

TDi

API-CH4+MB228.3 or higher grade Castrol GTX Diesel, HPCL HP Milcy No.1 TGO, Exxon Mobil-Mobile Super 1000M 5.5 Litres

Quadrajet API-CH4+MB228.3 or higher grade Castrol GTX Diesel, HPCL HP Milcy No.1 TGO, Exxon Mobil- Super 100 TM 3.7 Litres.

But in the next two pages, Engine oil capacity is mentioned twice as 3.2 litres for Quadrajet..

Last edited by janitha : 4th July 2009 at 13:35.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 16:55   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
But in the next two pages, Engine oil capacity is mentioned twice as 3.2 litres for Quadrajet..
3.2 would be the correct quantity as the engine cannot have more oil volume just in the quadrajet variant!

I hope I am right.

There are confirmations in this forum that the Swift variant takes only 3.2 (or 3.1) litres.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:09   #179
Senior - BHPian

have read elsewhere that a circular has been sent about the vista AC. Anybody have the details on that ?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 03:38   #180

Default Vista AC

Hi GreenHorn,

A circular about vista AC! That should help.

I am surprised that I do find a lot of talk about Vista's AC power but noone talks about an option - Recycle air.

My take on the AC is that it is grossly under capacity if you do not use the recycle button if more than 3 people are seating in the car. At 40 degrees, me my wife and daughter did not feel the effect of the AC at 75% blower speed. But as soon as one presses the recycle button the AC performs very well.
But then when 4 or more people are in the car - recycling would mean that you would only be breathing CO2 very soon!

Thanks,
PS: How do you start a new ownership thread - please suggest.
makarand_vista is offline   Reply With Quote