Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 17:20   #211
BHPian

Hi Friends, I am planning to buy Indica Vista within a week, have few inquires from the owners here, hope you'll help out.

1. Is the AC problem sorted out in latest vistas (I read so much about it here) ?
2. Is the clutch and Suspension ok (without any major prob.) ?
3. Any other issues, I have to be careful about ?
4. How do you rate it as compared to Swift Diesel ?
5. Last tips/advices.

I have lived with tata vehicles for good 1 decade (2 Indicas from first lot with 4 speed, one V2 and one Indigo Lxi) and currently using SX4 (Zxi) and Swift (Vxi).

Have shorlisted swift vdi and vista aura, Please help me choose
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th August 2009, 17:35   #212
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the A/C problem, my cousin was also facing the same and TASS changed the whole ECU under warranty saying that they are doing it on the first batch Vista's to take care of the cooling complaints.
He says that the cooling has improved now.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 17:54   #213
BHPian

That has given me a bit air (cool) of relief
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 17:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Hi Friends, I am planning to buy Indica Vista within a week, have few inquires from the owners here, hope you'll help out.

1. Is the AC problem sorted out in latest vistas (I read so much about it here) ?
5. Last tips/advices.

I have lived with tata vehicles for good 1 decade (2 Indicas from first lot with 4 speed, one V2 and one Indigo Lxi) and currently using SX4 (Zxi) and Swift (Vxi).

My brother has recently picked up the Vista Saffire, and the cooling seems to be good, was not good in the test drive car though, maybe TATA has rectified the same now after customer feedback.

The Clutch, Suspension are good.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 15:09   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I have that list with me but what I need is a recommendation from someone who has some first hand experience.
though I stay close to south delhi but I am ready to go the distance if there is a highly recommended place.a central delhi too is convenient for me.
I have been to Vivek Automobiles and A-One motors(Moti Nagar).Out of these two A-one motors is far better

Thanks
hdi.
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 13:32   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post

5. Last tips/advices.

1. No idea 2. Clutch is smooth and suspension very good. 3. Beadings. Also have a a thorough PDI. 4. No idea. Never driven a Swift.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:41   #217

When so many users and lovers of the Vista having either queries or so many problems reported, is there any sign of Tata Motors showing any concern or are they just indifferent? Because nowhere there seems to be a word on their part.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 16:51   #218
BHPian

Today I have given my Vista QJD for fourth free servicing after 20000 Kilometers. TASS said company is replacing ECU cap/plug and reprogram ECU. He said he will explain me why it is required when I get my car back from servicing.

In last week I had Kokan trip. I did 600 KMs in two days. Whole ghat section, most of the driving in third gear. And I got exact mileage of 19.38 KMPL. I think that is too good considering the situation in which I drove the car.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 9th September 2009 at 16:59.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 19:18   #219
BHPian

Just been back from a trip on the ghats. And i must agree with sushant, for the vista, the 3rd gear is a charm to drive in. Very minimal gear shifts all through the climbs. Just one or two instances where the drop to the second gear was needed.
Encountered a swift vxi and a hyundai, both were huffing and puffing on the climbs. Am loving the torque!
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 22:19   #220
Senior - BHPian

Default Vista taxi??

On sunday (6/9/09), I saw what looked like a vista taxi to me. It was a vista, only doubt is about the yellow board). It was raining, and there was heavy traffic. This vehicle was comming opposite side, on a divided high way (between Alwaye and Angamaly). I let it go, thinking it was an optical illusion. The vehicle colour was artic silver.

And today, I saw a brand new vista TAXI. I was walking on the road, talking on the phone. (very bad thing to do - I know). And that is when this taxi comes up. I only had a side view, the yellow board on the side was very clear, and and there is no mistaking the extra long head lamps. This one was "gaia" red.

TWO vista taxis in Kerala?

Edit:- A link google threw up:-

Tenders India, The Indian Government Tenders Information System

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 10th September 2009 at 22:25.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 08:02   #221
BHPian

Funny thing, how only Tatas come with "List of problems", where as other cars come with a "Did you know" series of loose dash board issues (Swift) etc.
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 09:53   #222
BHPian

"Vista as a taxi !".... i have seen corolla, wagon r, nissan, fiesta as taxis. Why not vista then. I think we need to understand that you need a spacious car to run as a taxi - something that cars like swift cannot provide.
@Discoverwild - rightly pointed - it is a "did you know" for other cars and "list of problems" for tata cars. Wonder when people will mature and accept the fact that tata makes great cars and it is as good as any other brand. Again as discussed many times, the snob value is a big factor when buying cars in India. People are more worried what others think about the car, than what they really want. And anything like tata is always given the "desi", "not good enough" branding - no matter how good it might be.
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:31   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

there are a lot of vista taxis running in TVM - I must have counted at least 4
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 14:17   #224
BHPian

What's the big deal about Vista being used as a taxi?
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 15:02   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
"Vista as a taxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there are a lot of vista taxis running in TVM - I must have counted at least 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
What's the big deal about Vista being used as a taxi?
Not sure about other states but in Delhi TATA doesn't allow registration of Vista in Taxi or for commercial purpose.

I know this because I have requested almost all the dealers to get me Vista Quadrajet with Taxi registration for commercial purpose but they are not allowing. In the end have to remain content with Indica DLS.
humans is offline   Reply With Quote