Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:28   #241
BHPian

Default Vista Headlight problem

Hi,
Anybody faced the issue of the headlights going for a toss very frequently. I initially gota 90W headlight bulb for the low beam. This bulb blew within 1 month. Then i put the regular 55W bulb [spare given with the car] but this again blew in 1.5 months time.
Anybody who has faced this problem or any idea why its happening. I already got the dynamo checked for any irrregularity in current supply.
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd September 2009, 15:23   #242

Is there someone on this forum whose Vista Quadrajet has been driven more than 50K km? What are the issues? Is suspension equally effective even after 50K km? An auto-genius brother of mine has suggested me to check this as I'm considering Vista Qjd Aura as my first buy.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:40   #243
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Then i put the regular 55W bulb [spare given with the car] but this again blew in 1.5 months time.
Holder loose contact?
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:42   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Holder loose contact?
No.Got that also checked. First time around , TASS told me that there was a blown fuse, second time, they replaced the holder assembly. Third time, i went to my trusted electrician. He checked and told that there has been some compliants but not sure on what is wrong. He advised that its better to add an additional cut-out to be on safer side.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:34   #245
BHPian

Isn't the stock Vista headlight wiring through a relay?
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:00   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

To all Vista Owners. I think the AC issue has been confirmed and a Fix being rolled out

Posting from Problem faced in Indica Vista - Page 14 | Maintain Your Car | Car Forums - CarWale.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun
The ECU's software was updated with a latest version. I was told that the ECUs of Vistas manufactured from Aug' 09 have the latest version software and do not have AC issues. So the ECU's of Vistas manufactured before Aug' 09 are being updated by the newer version irrespective of the AC problem. It takes around 10 mins for the updating process.
I had a brief discussion with the TML expert. These are information I got from him. The AC problem was due to the auto cutoff of AC before reaching the desired temperature. So the defect had been taken care of in the newer version of ECU's software. The happy news is, this ECU reconfiguration will done at all cities gradually.

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd September 2009 at 11:01.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:00   #247
rkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
To all Vista Owners. I think the AC issue has been confirmed and a Fix being rolled out

Posting from Problem faced in Indica Vista - Page 14 | Maintain Your Car | Car Forums - CarWale.com
I got a call from Tata bangalore office yesterday asking me to bring the car to concord , hosur road on 25th. they told me that some tech guys from TATA plant have come to rectify AC problem. so they are calling all those who complained.
it seems they will be at concorde mysore road branch on 24th, sept
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:22   #248
BHPian

I had called Concorde Motors Mumbai today afternoon. They seem to be completely unaware of such a developement. Next I called on Tata's own workshop & spoke to the head over there. Same response - No idea of what I was talking about. Finally called the Tata Motors 1800 number. They also said that they had no idea & these kind of things are best answered by the dealer.
Has any 1 from Mumbai got this AC issue fixed? If so please do let me know how I should go about doing the same.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:15   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I had called Concorde Motors Mumbai today afternoon. They seem to be completely unaware of such a developement. Next I called on Tata's own workshop & spoke to the head over there. Same response - No idea of what I was talking about. Finally called the Tata Motors 1800 number. They also said that they had no idea & these kind of things are best answered by the dealer.
Has any 1 from Mumbai got this AC issue fixed? If so please do let me know how I should go about doing the same.
Hi All..
I now own an Indica Vista for 2 months - completed about 2000 Kms and you know what my Vista has been to garage 4 times - already!

Its a car that squeaks when you put of brakes, PDI done by the showroom folks was below par, the AC on a hot day is inadequate etc....The dealer never gave me the gift (after a card scratch)
that I was promised - it had a 2 GB pen drive, a car clock and other promised goodies! My mileage dropped to 10.5!

Good news is that I am told that my AC ECU would be reprogrammed! Also the dealer has been kind enought to do a pick up and drop for free and is providing me with all the workshop visits free of cost.
Keeping my fingers crossed..

All in all - I would not recommend someone to buy this car unless the nagging problems are solved!
makarand_vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:20   #250
rkg
BHPian

My ECU was updated. but the battery has gone down immediately after ECU update.concorde guys have checked it and finally said one cell is weak and sent it to exide. exide has given me a temporary replacement . they said they will check the battery for 48 hours. battery was showing 10.5 V instead of 12 volts. so car was not starting. lucky it happened in showroom
the car has run 14.8K when the battery was down.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 15:41   #251
BHPian

Tatas are taking some positive actions to collect feedback from the customers to improve their cars. Other so called premium car makers who are obsessed with quality (SKODA) do not even bother to check how their dealers are handling the customers.
Madan Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 10:57   #252
BHPian

Hi,
I have heard lot of people telling that they get this squeaking sound [khus gush] from the front shock even at low speeds on humps. Wanted to know if any one has got that rectified. In the recent past my Vista's shock sounds seems to have increased.

Also, is there any Vista owner who got a call from Prerana motors for the ECU update?
Old 8th October 2009, 15:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Hi,
I have heard lot of people telling that they get this squeaking sound [khus gush] from the front shock even at low speeds on humps. ...
I am experiencing this sound only recently. Particularly on a speedbreaker inside my society. The car is 11,700 Kms old. Will be showing it to workshop in few days.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:16   #254

Bought my Aura Qjd on the eve of Dussehra. Today it's 950 km. The internal door handle assembly on the front laft has already come out, when I'd pulled the open door. People on the forum always agressively spoke of pathetic quality of its plastic. But I never expected it to be so baaaad.
The front bumper on left was not fitted properly and there was a huge gap in the panels. When asked to rectify, the salesperson said, as it was a Dussehra day, the workshop people wouldn't work. So they would fix it the next time. And they did. But now it gave way at the other place. May be he was not able to fix it properly.
The internal rear view mirror also rattles considerably.
As for rest of the things, its a very nice car.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 07:48   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
I am experiencing this sound only recently. Particularly on a speedbreaker inside my society. The car is 11,700 Kms old. Will be showing it to workshop in few days.
I am too facing this kind of sound from Rear Shocks. It is very evident at low speeds. Also tire noise is increased considerably when I changed bushing for front left tire.

I have completed 23,700 kms.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote