Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th October 2009, 19:53   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Just like its predecessor, the indica Vista has its own share of problems, which tata is supposed to be taking care of, but I think we should maintain a list of these known issues so that new vista buyers can add them to their PDI/ exisiting owners can verify.

so far

1. power steering pump issues - taken care of before launch
2. windcreen beading issues - not proper/loose etc
3. screeching brakes - still unresolved
4. horn not working with wheel at full lock

<added later due to a lot of reports>
5. Noises from suspension
6. Poor AC performance

Vista owners, please contribute
Horn Not Working with Full Wheel Lock, is a best thing available only in Tata cars. Even in my Indica V2 2002 model, horn gets locked when I switch off the engine. It is useful because even if we place our hand on steering wheel when car is ideal, Horn never sounds. So no unecessary disturbance.
bordawekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 22:56   #257
BHPian

I think now AC problem has been resolved. I could experience very strong AC after last service.
Another drawbacks I would like to add
1) Poor quality power windows button. At the time of purchase they were black .
2) Overall poor quality plastic fitment. I can say plastic is of fare quality but their fitment with matching parts is bad.
3) Rear shocks make sounds
4) as said at high speed (> 110 KMPH) when I press brakes then car vibrates like anything with very strong vibration at brake pedal
5) Engine noise is now more inside cabin
6) With wear OEM tires become very very noisy
7) Very good service, they will ask for sit, ask for tea, ask for feedback are always ready to solve the problem. But workmanship is very very pathetic. Nowadays TASS has good mouth but no skillful hands.
8) Three at the back is really a problem for suspension and car pickup.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 13:41   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Just like its predecessor, the indica Vista has its own share of problems, which tata is supposed to be taking care of, but I think we should maintain a list of these known issues so that new vista buyers can add them to their PDI/ exisiting owners can verify.

so far

1. power steering pump issues - taken care of before launch
2. windcreen beading issues - not proper/loose etc
3. screeching brakes - still unresolved
4. horn not working with wheel at full lock

<added later due to a lot of reports>
5. Noises from suspension
6. Poor AC performance

Vista owners, please contribute

Planning to buy a diesel vista because of its space and price. But one small issue i want to highlight and i guess no one has ever noticed it (including TATA) is that when i try to see the rear from the right side ORVM i get a view of half of the car (say from the rear door till the boot) and than the road behind. What i mean is that the ORVM when fully adjusted to the extreme right still shows the half car. You dont get a full and clear view of what you should actually be seeing.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 14:27   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Planning to buy a diesel vista because of its space and price. But one small issue i want to highlight and i guess no one has ever noticed it (including TATA) is that when i try to see the rear from the right side ORVM i get a view of half of the car (say from the rear door till the boot) and than the road behind. What i mean is that the ORVM when fully adjusted to the extreme right still shows the half car. You dont get a full and clear view of what you should actually be seeing.
I actually like to see a bit of the rear end of the car in my OVRMS as it helps me figure out exactly how far/near the vehicle behind me is. If none of the part of the car was visible it would have been difficult to guess this point.
Cheers!
schitre05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:21   #260
BHPian

The backlight in my power window switches has again conked off. This had happened earlier also & was promptly replaced. However this time they are very reluctant to do so citing that the switch overall is in a working condition & so replacement will not be done.
Is there anyway in which I can replace the bulb myself? I don’t mind doing so since the other bulbs have also become really dim.
Any other solutions for this will be most welcome.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 14:37   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The backlight in my power window switches has again conked off. This had happened earlier also & was promptly replaced. However this time they are very reluctant to do so citing that the switch overall is in a working condition & so replacement will not be done.
Is there anyway in which I can replace the bulb myself? I donít mind doing so since the other bulbs have also become really dim.
Any other solutions for this will be most welcome.
I think this should be possible. It is easy to separate power window button from panel. I am planning to repaint all these buttons as a DIY but waiting for full whole day as a spare time.
Old 21st October 2009, 17:09   #262
BHPian

I have booked the Indica Vista Anniversary edition - Pl. let me know if I need to focus on any top issues in addition to the regular TBHP PDI chklist.

I also notice that this edition comes only with 4 alloys and the spare is regular steel ... Is this standard practice
INNOVATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:38   #263
BHPian

I think this thread should be rename to "Did you Know" series. Dont think that all other brands call themselves "Did you know" and Indica Vista has to put up with a "list of problems" thread.
Mods, can you please update the thread?
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:41   #264
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I think the other threads should be called list of problems as well. These other vehicle owners are just lying to themselves. " my car does not have problems - It just develops random features "
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:55   #265
BHPian

GreenHorn - Well said y dear friend. I have always felt that we (as in Indian) are too hard on our home grown brands. However when it comes to foreign brands we seem to be quite liberal & accept the shortcomings quite readily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I think this should be possible. It is easy to separate power window button from panel. I am planning to repaint all these buttons as a DIY but waiting for full whole day as a spare time.
I am eagerly waiting for your DIY. However please let me know how the window button can be separated from the panel & of course hope it does not break in the process.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st October 2009 at 18:20. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 18:24   #266
BHPian

My Vista is just 1.5K kms old. I have this strange sound from the rear shocks from day one. I thought it was there on all the Vistas. Is it a problem that needs to be rectified ? Can someone confirm ?

Apart from this i havent faced any issues. So far so good... Touchwood.
DieselAddikt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 19:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
My Vista is just 1.5K kms old. I have this strange sound from the rear shocks from day one. I thought it was there on all the Vistas. Is it a problem that needs to be rectified ? Can someone confirm ?

Apart from this i havent faced any issues. So far so good... Touchwood.
Me too feeling this problem after rainy season. I think this problem should get rectified after normal oiling and greasing of rear shocks. I don't want to do it at TASS because they are not skilled and will charge me like anything. I am looking for good Indica Garage in Pune. If you know anybody then Please let me know.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:27   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
............. I am looking for good Indica Garage in Pune. If you know anybody then Please let me know.
You can visit Wheels Auto Pvt Ltd behind Kothrud (Karve Road) McDonalds. My uncle serviced his Indica there for 10 years.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
I actually like to see a bit of the rear end of the car in my OVRMS as it helps me figure out exactly how far/near the vehicle behind me is. If none of the part of the car was visible it would have been difficult to guess this point.
Cheers!
Same here. I also keep the orvm in such a manner that i get to see the end on the car + the road and cars back. But here i am talking about the miss alignment of the mirror. It shows the car and keeps room for only half mirror for the rear to be seen.
CAN ANY VISTA OWNERS CONFIRM THIS PLEASE ????
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:48   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Same here. I also keep the orvm in such a manner that i get to see the end on the car + the road and cars back. But here i am talking about the miss alignment of the mirror. It shows the car and keeps room for only half mirror for the rear to be seen.
CAN ANY VISTA OWNERS CONFIRM THIS PLEASE ????
I tried this on my Vista. I could not observe your case. I was able to adjust m irrors such that no car back is seen.