Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2009, 15:12   #301
BHPian

Any of you guys facing a problem of blown bulbs in the power window switches? Mine blow up almost every now & then. Tata's have changed the entire switch at least 3 times & again the bulbs have blown off. I posted earlier if any 1 knew a DIY for replacing them.
I was at their service station & the guys told me that since the switch is sealed its not possible to open it & replace the bulb only.
Can any 1 confirm this?
Maverick1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:33   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
svdath. Most of us would be happy with the gearbox replacement instead of repair. Tata is actually shelling out $$ so that your car remains new
I am quite happy with that but there is always this doubt on whether some of these guys will do a decent job of fitting a gear assmebly properly and not end up with all kinds of unwanted sounds and issues
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:37   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The fuse box placement in the Indica and its cousins is a pain to open and close the lid. I understand that the Vista fuse box is placed better. How did you feel?

The fuse box is placed conveniently. But cant compare with other Indicas since i dont have any experience with them. But the plastic quality is not upto the mark. I was afraid that the clips of the cover would break while opening. But once i opened it, i could see metal covers on plastic clips. This might give it a little more durability than i thought.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 18:44   #304
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The fuse box is placed conveniently. But cant compare with other Indicas since i dont have any experience with them.
Thanks for the update. There is no way somebody can post an image of the fuses in situ of the Indica / couisns fuse box the way it was put up for the Vista. Luck you!

I will also add that the instances of openig the fuse box is rare and the only time mine was opened is to post the details in the Yahoo Indica group.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:09   #305
BHPian

Vista's fuse box is very easily accessible. Once I was playing with my Autocop Security Installation to find out how it is wired. It is very simple to Install autocop. Meanwhile trying for solving a problem with Autocop Installation, suddenly my central locking stopped working. But first thought came into my mind to check for fuses and found that Fuse was blown away due to my fault . Then I replaced with stock fuse and everything started working fine.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:11   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Any of you guys facing a problem of blown bulbs in the power window switches?
I have this problem in my rear passenger side switch. Also the cabin light doesn't glow when the driver door is opened (it is set to glow on door open). It turns on when any other door is opened! Hoping they'll fix it during the next service.
mod-the-pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:59   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Any of you guys facing a problem of blown bulbs in the power window switches? Mine blow up almost every now & then. Tata's have changed the entire switch at least 3 times & again the bulbs have blown off. I posted earlier if any 1 knew a DIY for replacing them.
I was at their service station & the guys told me that since the switch is sealed its not possible to open it & replace the bulb only.
Can any 1 confirm this?
Quote from my Vista thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
5. The light in the driver side power window switch is not glowing (switch is working) since third month. It was admitted for free replacement in second service but lack of it in spares has left it unchanged even after third service. The GM of dealership has told me to wait for some time as TATA is changing the OE supplier for lack of quality in the same, and supply of these switches will be regular shortly.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 16:37   #308
BHPian

Bouncer --> That change was supposed to happen in October. The new vendor was supposed to be signed on before the Manza was launched. However the Manza has the same switches as that in the Vista. So I am not sure when this shift will happen, that is if it ever does.
There's also a huge & permanent shortage of these switches leading to me always complaining to all the possible ppl at TML. That is exactly the reason why I wanted to know if any 1 has changed the bulb successfully. Have U faced this problem?
Old 6th November 2009, 18:39   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Bouncer --> That change was supposed to happen in October. The new vendor was supposed to be signed on before the Manza was launched.
I was also expecting the same. It hasn't happened till now.

Quote:
Have U faced this problem?
Of course I am facing this problem! Isn't it?
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:26   #310
BHPian

I have been facing a problem with the clutch in my car. It had become quite hard and was also making a peculiar noise whilst reversing. I just told the guys at the service centre to try & see if they can eliminate the noise. I anyway never felt that this was a serious problem.
They tried doing so for not 1 but 2 days & at the end of the 2nd day when they still could not determine where the sound was exactly coming from. Unfortunately the sound had become almost negligible on the 1st day itself after they did some tightening, yet they went right ahead & changed the full clutch assembly.
I am sure Maruti would have never done this. Actually they never did it when I had the Zen...
Old 11th November 2009, 14:52   #311
BHPian

Default An Excellent Tata Service

On October 24, a very bad day for me, I was travelling to Hubli from Pune to attend my friends wedding ceremony. On the way to Hubli near Kolhapur my Vista refused to start, immediately we realised that this is either Battery Problem or Starter Problem. We checked up car in One Battery showroom and the guy over there said that battery is fine, starter is having some problem. So to avoid any further damage I kept my car in Kolhapur and travelled in my friends car. On way back to Pune we did dhakka start and brought back my car to Pune. Next day I gave my car to B.U.Bhandari Wakad, Pune.

Five days passed no news of starter availabilty. Service Advisor told me that TATA Motors is unable to supply the requested part. My blood started boiling and I wrote a mail to TATA Motors customer care. To my surprise, next hour Tata Motors called me to apologize for this delay and said that they will try to make it available ASAP. Meanwhile they offered replacement car. I calmed down at that moment and I said I would take replacement car if necessary. Then after fifteen minutes B.U.Bhandari called me and said Tata Motors is following up this process.

On 4 th of November starter came and service guy told me that you can take car on 6th November. I said I will collect car on 9th of November as I was not in Pune. I said car is having some other minor issues, I told him all the issues.

First issue was, when we remove car key slowly, last electrical cut off was not happening. To reproduce this issue we need to remove car key very slowly. Some other service guys would have rendered this as non issue. But here in B.U.Bhandari they agreed and to my surprise they changed whole key set and switch. I am getting new pair of keys.

Second issue was when I turn to left some kind of noise was coming from left wheel well. And rear suspensions were making kush-khush sound. Here again to my surprise he changed all bushings. While checking for this he found that Handbrake is having some problem, they changed Handbrake wire too. Now all these problems are things of past.

Third issue was, when I brake above 120KMPH then brake jaggering was happening. This is due to Disc or Drum bending. This can happen to any car. And this is wearable part so no warranty on this. They said they are changing front discs because they have some bend.

And biggest surprise, all these things are covered under warranty, including discs, bushing with no cost for me. I thought only starter will come under warranty but all things came under it and they have not charged for labor too. Basically I got all these things for free of cost. Total bill was Rs.18000, 16k for starter 1400 for discs other for bushes etc. And I paid nothing because of warranty.

I said then clean the interiors of my car I will pay for this. That is the only bill I received though the cleaning job was not up to the mark.

I gave excellent rating when Tata Motors call came to ask for customer feedback.
sushantr5 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:39   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Meanwhile they offered replacement car
@sushantr5:So ,You Declined the Offer for Replacement?
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:47   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@sushantr5:So ,You Declined the Offer for Replacement?
Ohh.. replacement here means temporary replacement, loaner car till my car gets repaired.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:09   #314
BHPian

I forgot to mention. To change the keys they had to change all doors locks too.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:45   #315
BHPian

Wow... completely blown away by your experience. Tata going to this extreme to keep the customer happy! Very impressive. I think the days are not far when tata will no longer be bad mouthed for its customer service.
Coming from my own experience, I have been very satisfied every time I have visited the service center (for regular service).
Good job Tata!!! ...
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote