Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th November 2009, 09:11   #331
BHPian

Same here - my Vista QJD has done 4800 kms in 5 months and the FE is around 18. The driving is city + highway with 100% AC. The problem, I feel, is because of the traffic conditions bumper to bumper. Otherwise its a pleasure to drive on expressways - You can feel the power.
The only irritant I have is - squeaking noise from Right Rear Spring when anyone gets in or get out of the rear seat.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 18:06   #332
BHPian

Default My Indica Vista TDI 1st Problem :(

Yesterday I had gone to B.U.Bhandari Pune to get solved my 1st problem with Indica Vista TDI.
Driver side front power window not operating.When I used to press the Power Window switch there used to come a click sound from the glove box side. Later I found out that the controller for the switches is located there. I thought the fault was a small one with the switches but later realised that the controller was getting the current from the switch. The reply from the mechanic was"Humne motor direct karke bhi dekhi chalni to chahiye" so they replaced it with a new Power window motor and voila its working fine now. On requesting 2-3 times they agreed to give the car a wash and that too only top wash in which they just put some water on the car body thats it.No underbody wash nothing.I was not sure whether I am entitled for a underbody wash too in such a case so just kept mum.
They didnt charge me so I kept quiet. The work was done fast but the courtesy was not there and there was a chaos going out there.When enquired about the ECU upgrade for the less efficiency of the AC they told they were not aware then one of the service engineer told he was aware but they didnot had the software update and also said it would reduce the fuel efficiency as the cut off temp of thermostat is lowered. Also Vista power window switches as spares are still in shortage.
Just wanted to share this with you all might be of help to some Vista TDI owners
amit_purohit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 11:26   #333
BHPian

hi amit_purohit20
thanks for the update.
I bought my Vista from pratham motors, near balewadi stadium, Pune and my car is due for 2nd service. The thing is I got my first service done from pratham itself but now it seems that they have closed the dealership. Can any TATA Vista owners point me a good Service center in Pune ?
Old 1st December 2009, 12:17   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
hi amit_purohit20
thanks for the update.
I bought my Vista from pratham motors, near balewadi stadium, Pune and my car is due for 2nd service. The thing is I got my first service done from pratham itself but now it seems that they have closed the dealership. Can any TATA Vista owners point me a good Service center in Pune ?
I have a very good experience with B.U.Bhandari Wakad. I have done all my servicings and accident work over there.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 12:20   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I have a very good experience with B.U.Bhandari Wakad. I have done all my servicings and accident work over there.
Do I have to go to the center which is on the B'lore-Mumbai Highway opp to Hotel Sayaji ?
Old 1st December 2009, 16:02   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Do I have to go to the center which is on the B'lore-Mumbai Highway opp to Hotel Sayaji ?
Yes you are right. It is opposite to Sayaji.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 17:29   #337
BHPian

I have a query. My Vista QJD is due for second service. I remember the Service Advisor telling me that second service would cost about 4K. That is a 2K for engine oil replacement and another 2K for a new filter. I feel that 2K is on the higher side for a filter. Am i missing anything here ? Or is the price correct ? Any experiences and advices would be of great help.
DieselAddikt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 18:44   #338
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I feel that 2K is on the higher side for a filter. Am i missing anything here ? Or is the price correct ?
The expensive filter that you mention would be the fuel filter. In the Quadrajet (as well as in all other common rail diesel engines) it needs a more expenisve filter to take off water / moisture in the diesel and hence the higher cost.

By 2nd service, I am not sure about the kilometres involved, so please check your service booklet as to what all have to be replaced in that service.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 20:45   #339
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I have a query. My Vista QJD is due for second service. I remember the Service Advisor telling me that second service would cost about 4K. That is a 2K for engine oil replacement and another 2K for a new filter. I feel that 2K is on the higher side for a filter. Am i missing anything here ? Or is the price correct ? Any experiences and advices would be of great help.
Second service is @ 5000 km. No need for engine oil replacement. Oil to be replaced @10K as per manual.
My second service costed me Rs70/- for topping up various liquids. that is what concorde banglore told me.

III service 1300/ ( engine oil @900/ odd + fuel filter @350/- )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...w-26925km.html (tata indica vista long term ownership review at 26925km)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-report.html (Indica Vista Qjet Aura- 10000 Km report)

the service adviser is wrong.

Last edited by rkg : 1st December 2009 at 20:52.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:33   #340
Senior - BHPian

Hi rkg,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
III service 1300/ ( engine oil @900/ odd + fuel filter @350/- )
The above filter would be the oil filter and not the fuel filter. Please check.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:48   #341
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi rkg,

The above filter would be the oil filter and not the fuel filter. Please check.
It is Oil filter only.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:11   #342

By the way, friends, what is HVAC? What does H & V stand for?
I regret for the stupidous query.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:28   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilip View Post
By the way, friends, what is HVAC? What does H & V stand for?
I regret for the stupidous query.
HVAC - Heating Ventilating & Air Conditioning

Last edited by faridsahmed : 2nd December 2009 at 16:29. Reason: spellings
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:58   #344
BHPian

Thanks rkg. The SA was wrong.

I dont understand what was there in his mind when he said that. And BTW, that SA is not working there anymore. But since he said there is an oil change at 5K, I did not change it during first service like fellow BHPians advice. So i would like to do it this time. Which is the best brand to go for ? And what would be the actuial cost ? What will be the quandity required ?

Note: I dont know whether this is the right place to ask this question.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:05   #345
BHPian

@trrk.

Thanks for the quick response. It would be the fuel filter that he was mentioning. The problem is that I am not able to find the Service Manual anywhere. I kept it somewhere at home and forgot about it. So have to go forward based on BHPians inputs till I find the manual. Thankfully, the service coupons were kept in another pouch which i still have.