Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th December 2009, 18:59   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
I happen to notice sound when ever the vehicle suspension rebounds. It is not really sound out of suspension. it sounds as if something is hitting. i have noticed it from the front left suspension rebounding. it happens only if the individual suspension rebounds. If the car is going over a speed braker, no sound at all (if both the tires are at same height). if the car is going in a bumpy road (even with very less pot holes), the sound comes out from FRHS suspension. i took the car to concorde motors and they dont seem to bother.
even if the car is swinging on road while moving at decent speeds, i have noticed "thad thad" sound.

Query reg - Indica VIsta QJT Aura (oct 2009)
Few days back, I too heard a very loud metallic sound in the FLHS suspension once when I went over a pot hole in the NH. It seemed to be from the shock absorber. Before and after that single incident, there has been no other sound over nearly one year. Will get it checked when I get time.

Last edited by janitha : 4th December 2009 at 19:01.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 13:42   #362
BHPian

I don't know whether this is a problem or not. Yesterday I went for a picnic along with family and friends to Alibag. We had two cars : Vista QJD and other was M800. My friend behind me in M800 noticed that when on slopes or while overtaking - whenever I was accelerating (using more power) emitted black smoke out. Has anyone else faced this?
If this is a rare and should not happen then i would take it up in my next servicing.

My car has done 5300kms and is due for second servicing.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 14:44   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
I don't know whether this is a problem or not. Yesterday I went for a picnic along with family and friends to Alibag. We had two cars : Vista QJD and other was M800. My friend behind me in M800 noticed that when on slopes or while overtaking - whenever I was accelerating (using more power) emitted black smoke out. Has anyone else faced this?
If this is a rare and should not happen then i would take it up in my next servicing.

My car has done 5300kms and is due for second servicing.
This happens to all Multijets and Quadrajets I think. I have seen this in Linea too. DDiS is best in that department.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 7th December 2009 at 14:45.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 15:21   #364
Senior - BHPian

in most turbodiesels, if you floor the accelerator when the turbo has not spooled up, some fuel will be left unburnt , and hence cause the black smoke till the turbo spools up. if the black smoke still keeps on coming, then its an issue
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 11:29   #365
BHPian

I completed my QJD's second service and went for a trip to Madurai from Cochin. It was a 680kms trip via Kumily (ghat section). The mileage returned was less than 15kmpl. Mileage calculated using tank full to tank full method. So I am concerned about this. Even after the trip, when i drove the car in the city, i felt the fuel needle dropping faster than normal.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 11:38   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I completed my QJD's second service and went for a trip to Madurai from Cochin. It was a 680kms trip via Kumily (ghat section). The mileage returned was less than 15kmpl. Mileage calculated using tank full to tank full method. So I am concerned about this.
Adulterated fuel? And where was the vehicle serviced? (there is a hint in there!!)
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 11:56   #367
BHPian

Serviced at Concorde, Cochin.

I filled petrol first from the usual place where i frequently go in Cochin. I reached Madurai and agained topped up from an IOC pump there. Later got back and topped up from Cochin and calculated the overall mileage and it was 15. Normal fuel was used on all the instances.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:07   #368
Senior - BHPian

ghat section?
Did you get the firmware upgrade? that might cause mileage to drop
Old 8th December 2009, 12:32   #369
BHPian

DieselAddikt, did U fill IOCL XtraMile by any chance? It seems that the additives in the IOCL Xtramile diesel leads to a drop in mileage. Also on Ghats section there's a tendence to drive in higher gears. This also might lead to a drop in efficiency.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 12:35   #370
BHPian

This is my own query, so adding a new post:
Can I replace the Power Window switches in the Vista? I am tired of the light in the switch going off every few weeks. Replacements take their own sweet time to come & this leads to people actually searching for the switch in the night. My father in paeticular complains bitterly about this. To make matters worse it tends to happen on the left front door, where he always tends to sit.
Can some 1 help me... Quickly please...
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 13:44   #371
Senior - BHPian

maverick, how about getting some fluorescent stickers
Old 8th December 2009, 13:48   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post

this leads to people actually searching for the switch in the night.

Strange. Ive been using Accent since a long time. It doesnt come with light on PW and not even once me or anyone has actually searched for the button. Im quiet sure majority of the cars doesnt come with lights on PW even then its easy to find the button.. dont you think so?

Last edited by livyodream : 8th December 2009 at 13:50.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 14:13   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
ghat section?
No. Nothing has been done since I bought it. It has been less than 2 months since I bought the car. I hope the firmware upgrade thing happened before that. Am I right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
DieselAddikt, did U fill IOCL XtraMile by any chance? It seems that the additives in the IOCL Xtramile diesel leads to a drop in mileage. Also on Ghats section there's a tendence to drive in higher gears. This also might lead to a drop in efficiency.
No XtraMile. In both the instances where I filled diesel, I got out of the car and watched carefully. Wanted to make sure they topped up the tank so that I can accurately calculate the mileage. So no chances of XtraMile. I drive a Vdi often. I have ripped it in the Ghat sections in Wayanad and have got 18+ mileage. I was relatively light footed with Vista. That is what is worrying me.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:25   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
ghat section?
Firmware upgrade ? Can you please explain what is that.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 14:27   #375
Senior - BHPian

DieselAddikt, tata has been rolling out a firmware update to the ECU to fix an issue w.r.t insufficient AC cooling. This is usually done when the car is given for service. This is a recent development. Please search this thread for more info