Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th December 2009, 23:20   #391
BHPian

@ greenhorn,
any clue about the problem faced with the vista safire ?
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 14:41   #392
Senior - BHPian

no idea highnoon, there arent too many saffire owners around, so its hard to ensure that a problem affects more than one car...
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 08:48   #393
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a Vista Tdi(terra).I want some info regarding A/C issues.Has Tata ensured all Vista's something done to rectify Slightly Weak A/C(I presume) Performance?
--
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 17:10   #394
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Has Tata ensured all Vista's something done to rectify Slightly Weak A/C(I presume) Performance?
--
There was reference to an ECU update for improving the AC performance here in this thread itself.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 17:34   #395
BHPian

Angry Aura becomes Auro

The Black stickers on the rear window pane on the outside have come off partially and exposed the metal inside which has started to rust due to absense of any paint on the surface. need to take it to the service station asap
Isint it a bit early in the day to rust
I mean its not even monsoons and its just 3 months old

Last edited by schitre05 : 15th December 2009 at 17:40.
schitre05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 17:57   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
The Black stickers on the rear window pane on the outside have come off partially and exposed the metal inside which has started to rust due to absense of any paint on the surface. need to take it to the service station asap
Question is not how old the car is. Question is how long the vehicle was kept open in a depot outside the octroi area exposed to elements or how badly the part was stored apart from the quality control issues.
My sister's car had too on the left rear window next to the quarter glass. got it changed before delivery. Very tedious process. the rubber beading could be refixed only the metal section needs change. Whole beading of glass has to be removed . This part is screwed inside the door section . Very clumsy assembly indeed.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:02   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have booked a Vista Tdi(terra).I want some info regarding A/C issues.Has Tata ensured all Vista's something done to rectify Slightly Weak A/C(I presume) Performance?
--
At Fortune motors , powai, i even spoke to the owner regarding the ac issue before purchase of the vista.
Either they are playing ignorant or the issue has occured in very few cars. In any case there is no official directive from tata motors to the T.A.S.S. regarding the same.
My sister's car ( safire in her case ) the AC is simply chilling. But earlier i had taken TD at wasant motors of the Quadrajet , i distinctly remember having an underpowered AC performance. This was just after a TD in a xeta & even a INDGO cs , so i would rememeber.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:44   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
At Fortune motors , powai, i even spoke to the owner regarding the ac issue before purchase of the vista.
Either they are playing ignorant or the issue has occured in very few cars. In any case there is no official directive from tata motors to the T.A.S.S. regarding the same.
My sister's car ( safire in her case ) the AC is simply chilling. But earlier i had taken TD at wasant motors of the Quadrajet , i distinctly remember having an underpowered AC performance. This was just after a TD in a xeta & even a INDGO cs , so i would rememeber.
I have Quadrajet Aura and never felt that AC was under powered. Though I did face a failure of AC resistor which was immediately rectified by TASC. Also about the update of ECU (for AC), I spoke to the TASC in Pune during my second service (last week) they said they were not aware of any such updates.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 09:36   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
My sister's car had too on the left rear window next to the quarter glass. got it changed before delivery. Very tedious process. the rubber beading could be refixed only the metal section needs change. Whole beading of glass has to be removed . This part is screwed inside the door section . Very clumsy assembly indeed.
Hi schitre05 & HIGHNOON,
Even i have noticed the same thing yesterday on my rear door. The cover on the quarter glass division bar is "peeling off" and due to this rusting has started on that patch. Mine is just 6 months old.
Schitre05 have you visited TASC? If yes please do update the details of getting it replaced.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:33   #400
BHPian

My car is less than 3 months old and i have this rusting problem at the same quarter glass partition. As of now, I have simply covered it with black stickers on both doors.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 19:09   #401
BHPian

I am not sure about this. One of my friends friend in Tata Motors told that Vista has been recalled for retrofitting of two parts, one is Brake Pads and other is suspension dampeners. I will conform this tomorrow with my dealer.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:04   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Hi schitre05 & HIGHNOON,
Even i have noticed the same thing yesterday on my rear door. The cover on the quarter glass division bar is "peeling off" and due to this rusting has started on that patch. Mine is just 6 months old.
Schitre05 have you visited TASC? If yes please do update the details of getting it replaced.

No I havent got a chance to go to TASC, but would do that in the coming weekend and keep you all posted.

One more problem : Till now i never used a CD in the CD player, used to use the USB to listen to my songs. The other day i burnt a CD of my fav songs and tried to play it but it did not play. the CD just went in and i could not hear any song. I assumed it takes a while to load so i waited and waited for almost 10 minutes but nothing happened.

I guessed something was wrong with either the software which i used. so i tried it in my friend's car audio(pioneer) and it started playing songs within 15secs. I used burnware software to burn a MP3 format cd. I have not tried a normal audio cd yet. but anyone facing the same problem.

I also checked the clarion manual that came with the player and it says some softwares will not work normally. and suggested some numbers and softwares which i couldnt understand.
help.
schitre05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:10   #403
BHPian

Quote:
No I havent got a chance to go to TASC, but would do that in the coming weekend and keep you all posted.

One more problem : Till now i never used a CD in the CD player, used to use the USB to listen to my songs. The other day i burnt a CD of my fav songs and tried to play it but it did not play. the CD just went in and i could not hear any song. I assumed it takes a while to load so i waited and waited for almost 10 minutes but nothing happened.

I guessed something was wrong with either the software which i used. so i tried it in my friend's car audio(pioneer) and it started playing songs within 15secs. I used burnware software to burn a MP3 format cd. I have not tried a normal audio cd yet. but anyone facing the same problem.

I also checked the clarion manual that came with the player and it says some softwares will not work normally. and suggested some numbers and softwares which i couldnt understand.
help.
Abour clarion audio system, I do burn my favourite songs almost weekly on RW-CD. I use Nero MP3 CD option and usually burn it at the lowest speed. Never faced any problem. To add more, I have also tested multi-session burning and the clarion system still reads it.
Try Nero MP3 CD burning. I think this will solve your problem.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:38   #404
BHPian

Since the last few days I have started noticing an increase in sound levels from the engine bay. I finally zeroed down the sound coming from the engine cover which was vibrating at idle. Finally took the car to Tata Srv, who confirmed this problem & added some additional rubber. He also told me that this prob is common in all diesels which have clocked 20K km and the problem is with all the 1.3L engines. As of now the sound levels have come down quite a lot. However I am not sure how long the problem will be gone.
Has any 1 else faced this problem? If so is there any other solution being doled out? Pl confirm.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:45   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I am not sure about this. One of my friends friend in Tata Motors told that Vista has been recalled for retrofitting of two parts, one is Brake Pads and other is suspension dampeners. I will conform this tomorrow with my dealer.

Please confirm this and let me know. I talked to my SA and he doesnt know about it. SO will pres him to do something once you confirm. I have severe problems with my brakes. The steering + brake pedal vibrates and wobbles during highspeed braking.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote