Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th December 2009, 09:38   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Abour clarion audio system, I do burn my favourite songs almost weekly on RW-CD. I use Nero MP3 CD option and usually burn it at the lowest speed. Never faced any problem. To add more, I have also tested multi-session burning and the clarion system still reads it.
Try Nero MP3 CD burning. I think this will solve your problem.

Yes Thanks !!!

Today I tried a normal audio CD and it played songs. Thank heavens the cd player is working and yes i have got the Nero burning software so would be using it for future cd's
cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 11:58   #407
BHPian

Default Update

An update regarding rusting on rear quarter glass division bar.
I spoke(on phone) to TASC in Pune (Pandit Auto, Akurdi) about this rusting thing, he without any hesistaion accpeted this and asked me not to worry and told me that the bar would be replaced in warranty. He asked me to SMS the vehicle no and the part side (left hand or right hand) so that he could order it and call me once he has the part. So far good. Lets wait and see how this goes.

Apart from this noticed another problem yesterday night - lights of the driver side power windows gone kaput. Though not a serious issue but still it nags. On this problem the TASC guy told "no problem sir - switch will be replaced wen you come the next time".
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 03:06   #408
Senior - BHPian

Post Urgent Help needed.

Hello ,

Now ,All I know are discouraging Me from Buying Indica Vista Aqua TDI(Turbo) Since Many claims TDi Engine Will be Heavy on Pocket-As in Maintenance will be Very High ,Turbo can be unreliable after 40,000kms of Use Etc.currently asking Me to Push My Budget to Accommodate Terra Quadrajet with proven Engine.

But ,as I researched ,in Used Car Markets ,Indica Turbo's are having less demand,slightly less price too.

My Question is ,Has TATA IMPROVED their Quality with Tdi Engines available in Vista,Indigo CS etc ?Can I rely My Money on this?Atleast for 4-5 Years?
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have booked a Vista Tdi(Aqua).
--
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 12:59   #409
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Now ,All I know are discouraging Me from Buying Indica Vista Aqua TDI(Turbo) Since Many claims TDi Engine Will be Heavy on Pocket-As in Maintenance will be Very High ,Turbo can be unreliable after 40,000kms of Use Etc.currently asking Me to Push My Budget to Accommodate Terra Quadrajet with proven Engine.
My Marina TDi came to me on 29/10/2005. After almost 4 years and 2 months with me, it has almost covered 65000kms.

At the last point where I spent money on it, the maintenance expenses came to a total of Rs 31436.59 which was when it had run 60204kms and that was about Re 0.49 per km.

The overall average it has given after its last tankful (at 64130kms) was 13.97kpl with an average daily running of 44kms. All of it was with AC on. In fact the AC is never switched off.

AND not even once has the idling time after starting / before stopping has been followed in its life. It has never taken any topups between the scheduled oil services. The oil change was being done at 7500kms (as said in the manual) for a couple of oil changes and then onwards it is at every 10000kms interval.

The further details, if needed, can be had at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...fe-so-far.html

This is not to say that it is better than the Quadrajet which is a much more modern and economical diesel engine.

The Tdi should be a VFM choice in the Vista range.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 14:34   #410
BHPian

Default vista safire

hi,

i own a vista safire Aura purchased in sep 09 and have driven 3000+ km now. There is no such brake problem in my car what u have mentioned.also gear shift in 5th gear also is not an issue. although my one of the friends who also owns safire had problem in gear shift in all gears, in his case cluth cable was loose thats why he was facing problem.

regards
RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
My sis bought a vista aura safire a month back. Infact service due tomorrow with 960 km on the odo. Car is quite smooth , driveable , great space inside and everything seems to be in place with no lack of refinement as was in earlier Indica models.
But 2 concerns ---
1) At low speeds in 3 rd gear , even with the clutch engaged , the brake pad refuses to depress and alarmingly car seems to gather some speed. This has happened quite regularly . And u get out of this situation only by upshifting.
Very scary at bumper to bumper.
Is the alternature malfunctioning ? in view of the temporary brake failure?
The moment you upshift to say 2nd , the brakes engage again and car behaves normally.
And at the time of episode , the battery light doesnt come on though i may be wrong as its difficult to look at the central console at that time.
Its happened thrice with me , the first time on day one when i drove the car home form the dealer.
Anybody has had this problem ?
2) the gear doesnt slot well in the fifth though i have not experinced this she complains about this.
Urgent feedback needed as the service is to be done tomorrow. I dont want them to bullshit and give the car back as it is as otherwise she seems perfect.
thanks
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 18:24   #411
Senior - BHPian

@trrk:It is a very much encouraging reply for Me. I think TDI Engine needs few seconds of idling while starting and halting.Hope if All these are followed ,the Car will be Trouble Free?
Any Other Unexpected Expenses with TDI Engined TATA Cars?I will keep the car for more than 5 Years Hopefully.
Tomorrow ,I am going to pay for the car and still now I am terribly confused due to discouraging comments against TDI Engine(locally).
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 20:58   #412
BHPian

Still confusion in making choice an off topic suggestion
If You have confusion in making choice
Just flip a coin in air, it works not because
it solves the problem, but when the coin is
the air, you know what your heart is hoping for.

Go ahead and make your choice
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 22:12   #413
Senior - BHPian

deepclutch you know i have a love hate relationship with tata, and right now, its pretty much as negative as its gone. After two years of ownership, i dont have *any* faith in their service. even if tata makes a perfect car, their ASC's will make sure that it will be a bucket of bolts in a few years. And maintainence isnt *that* cheap either.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 22:53   #414
Senior - BHPian

Mine also a diesel car. I am on 10k now. Let me complete 20K kms and observe whether your SA is right or not. Mine is a Maruti RITZ VDI ABS
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:17   #415
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
@trrk:It is a very much encouraging reply for Me. I think TDI Engine needs few seconds of idling while starting and halting.Hope if All these are followed ,the Car will be Trouble Free?
Based on my experiences! I have had a non turbo Indica DLE which did not have any extra problems. I had a Sumo which did not have any extra problems and the same story with my Safari. Even in the Safari this idling was not followed and it was sold at 76000kms in perfect mechanical condition.

Quote:
Any Other Unexpected Expenses with TDI Engined TATA Cars?I will keep the car for more than 5 Years Hopefully.
Even in the Yahoo Indica group, I have not yet seen much problems related to turbos or TDi engines. Their small DICOR was not favoured as it did seem to have problems. But not much details though.

Quote:
Tomorrow ,I am going to pay for the car and still now I am terribly confused due to discouraging comments against TDI Engine(locally).
I will put it this way. If you can afford the Quadrajet, you can go for that. The noise level should be low, the driveability much better and should have a better mileage. The fule filter is costly, but is compensated by using only 3.7L (in contrast ot 3.2 or less in Swift, Palio, Linea and Punto) of oil for every oil change.

If you have strict budgetary concerns, you would (or rather should) not have unexpected problems from the engine side.

I mentioned not following the idling pattern only to say that my turbo has survived that abuse and at this mileage still is able to give that 'kick' at around 1900RPM.

I do hope that I have not confused you further, but, the decision is finally yours.

All the best.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:36   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
The fule filter is costly, but is compensated by using only 3.7L (in contrast ot 3.2 or less in Swift, Palio, Linea and Punto) of oil for every oil change.
Just a minor correction. Even in Vista QJD, the engine oil required is 3.2L at 10000 kms. Please see attached images from vista users manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-vista_oil_change.jpg  

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-vista_oil_change_2.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 13:52   #417
BHPian

@faridsahmed That manual should be of a newer Vista. Same page in my manual clearly shows 3.7 Litres, the brands, specifications and everything else being the same.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:56   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
@faridsahmed That manual should be of a newer Vista. Same page in my manual clearly shows 3.7 Litres, the brands, specifications and everything else being the same.
Yes that might be the case. Second edition of users manual
I bought mine in July 2009.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:35   #419
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Just a minor correction. Even in Vista QJD, the engine oil required is 3.2L at 10000 kms. Please see attached images from vista users manual.
Thanks for the update and the image.

It is good that I mentioned the oil quantity so that you could give this information.

Have been breaking my head over that 0.5L difference in the case of Vista.

All those people have put in that much extra over this period and hopefully will not have much damage.

Anything over 2.9L and the Swift turbo tends to go for a toss as per messages in this forum itself.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:06   #420
BHPian

Recently did my 10K service and I was charged for 3.2 litres of GTX oil
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote