Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd December 2009, 18:58   #421
BHPian

My Vista is on Goodyear tubeless tyres. However I feel that they are really very noisy & simply not good enough for the bumpy Indian roads.
What is the general opinion of other Vista owners? Has any 1 changed them? If so whats the replacement?
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:35   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My Vista is on Goodyear tubeless tyres. However I feel that they are really very noisy & simply not good enough for the bumpy Indian roads.
What is the general opinion of other Vista owners? Has any 1 changed them? If so whats the replacement?
These goodyears are very well known for Road Noise and this goes on increasing with wear of tyre.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:56   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Tomorrow ,I am going to pay for the car and still now I am terribly confused due to discouraging comments against TDI Engine(locally).
@deepclutch did you book ur TDi Aqua?
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:07   #424
Senior - BHPian

@theexperthand:Changed My Plan and today, I am taking delivery of My Marine Silver Indica Vista Terra Quadrajet.
I've taken a print out of PDI Check list from team-bhp and Hopefully will do a brief checking.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 10:10   #425

Angry suspension

i have vista qjd aura, done 2000 km.
i am facing problem with rear suspension. Whenever i cross a speed breaker @10-15kmph, while descending the hump i here a banging sound from the rear. It's non metallic sound. It happens with / without rear passengers,luggage.
My dealer (i also) struggled to solve the issu for three days but no luck. In fact the severity increased.
Seniors please suggest possible cause & remedy.
I suspect the faulty shox, but dealer said they tried with changing the shox but no success. Hence fitted old shox again.
Now about front suspension -
I was hearing squeeking noise in front wheels while passing a bump. The changed front stabilizer bushes during first service (900km) & noise is gone.
Same noise reappeared again at 1950 km (ie. 1050 km/one month). The change bushes again. Noise gone.
Noise reappeared within THREE DAYS during trials being conducted for rear suspension !

What shall i do now ?

Seniors please advice.
I have also written to TML thru their websites grievance box section. So far no response.
hysys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 11:15   #426
Senior - BHPian

@deepclutch - congratz wish you miles and miles of trouble free service
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 12:00   #427
BHPian

Deepclutch - I feel you are the 1st one to buy a Vista QJD Terra edition. Excellent choice I must say. I was also in the same quandary a year back, however at that point in time there was no Terra version & that left me with no choice but to go with the Aura version.
Can you please post the price difference between the 3 QJD models. I am sure that the QJD Terra is priced far lower than the Swift LX which is equally a stripped down version.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:07   #428
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Recently did my 10K service and I was charged for 3.2 litres of GTX oil
There were messages here that they indeed were billing 3.7L earlier. Then the 3.7L was mentioned in the manual. If my memory serves correctly it was mentioned 3.2L and 3.7L in different places in the manual and they were putting in 3.7L.

Now they must have corrected that mistake - both in print as well as usage!

Quote:
@theexperthand:Changed My Plan and today, I am taking delivery of My Marine Silver Indica Vista Terra Quadrajet.
Congratulations. All the best for the new car and seaon's greetings!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 12:12   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
These goodyears are very well known for Road Noise and this goes on increasing with wear of tyre.
Is replacement the only solution for this? If so, whats the next best option.
However are there any other solutions? Will replacing the steel wheels with alloy's help? Has any 1 experimented with changing tyre pressure?
Coming to tyre pressure, whats the pressure do U guys tend to maintain. I have 32 in front & 30 at rear.
Lets try & find a solution for this & share the same with Tata Motors. May be they can act on the same for future cars.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:52   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Is replacement the only solution for this? If so, whats the next best option.
However are there any other solutions? Will replacing the steel wheels with alloy's help? Has any 1 experimented with changing tyre pressure?
Coming to tyre pressure, whats the pressure do U guys tend to maintain. I have 32 in front & 30 at rear.
Lets try & find a solution for this & share the same with Tata Motors. May be they can act on the same for future cars.
Only solution for this is changing tires. Michelin XM1+ are better in this area. They are very very silent and improves handling a lot. Generally OEMs try to put cheaper tires to save the cost. I think chevy aveo also comes with same tires and the same problem is faced over there too. Just search Goodyear GT3 teambhp, you will get all information which is important.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 19:46   #431
Senior - BHPian

@theexperthand,trrk,Maverick1977:Thank You .Just got delivery at 4PM.(Actually got the Keys at 1PM).
Car is So Easy to drive!Something I cannot explain here- Much More like a Petrol car or above it.
I don't even inquire about Aqua,Aura versions of QJD Vista.Vista Terra QJD with Extended Warranty(2 Years) Costs Rs 446500 OTR with discounted insurance,Exchange bonus,2000 rupees contest win(now or never).

Sadly ,When I took the car to the House ,it got a scratch near the rear door(Which got scratched with the compound wall of the house). :( I will have to leave the car to fix the small dent+scratch on 26th.

Last edited by deepclutch : 24th December 2009 at 19:56.
Old 25th December 2009, 08:22   #432

Quote:
.....Sadly ,When I took the car to the House ,it got a scratch near the rear door(Which got scratched with the compound wall of the house). :( I will have to leave the car to fix the small dent+scratch on 26th.
Same thing happened with my Aura too. I was so worried at the shabby patch, but one fine or bad(?) morning, while driving to Nagpur, though in the left lane, a truck in the right lane in a bid to change its lane to left, gave a few soft hits at my rear right door, which dented heavily and the handle came off.
Took the car to Jaika, Chandrapur, and got it done very nicely. Not a patch of that bad memory, of what had happened. Though delivered too late, it took almost 10 days, got insurance claim, too.
One thing worth mentioning here was that the change coins that I had left in the cup holder, were still there even after repairs, and washing, etc. Must appreciate the work culture at the Jaika.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 09:48   #433
Senior - BHPian

There is a "lock" symbol blinking in My car(Terra QJD) Still when the car is closed& all door locked.Any Idea? I am Yet to Fit a Central Locking System in the car.

Last edited by deepclutch : 25th December 2009 at 09:50.
Old 25th December 2009, 09:58   #434
BHPian

Quote:
There is a "lock" symbol blinking in My car(Terra QJD) Still when the car is closed& all door locked.Any Idea? I am Yet to Fit a Central Locking System in the car.
It just reminds that the Immobilizer is at work. Nothing to worry. And probably it is an LED which consumes negligible power. Doesn't it have remote less central locking? My Aqua has it. Wish you lots of nice happy driving.

Last edited by janitha : 25th December 2009 at 10:02.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 10:06   #435
Senior - BHPian

^No Idea ,@janitha What do I need to Do to enable "remote less central locking"(if terra has)? .I am Yet to read Owner's Manual.thanks for the wishes.
--
BTW ,Few doubts:
1)Do We Need to Check Wheel Balancing& Alignment in New Car?(TASS recommended this to Me).
2)If I fit remote central locking outside TASS ,Will it void ECU Warranty?(They Hinted on this)

Last edited by deepclutch : 25th December 2009 at 10:08.