Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd January 2010, 17:11   #481
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think dr trrk might be able to help better
I have already answered highnoon's PM.

I have done all my oil changes in a TASS, so it ahs been only 5.5L. My next oil change is after 5000kms. Let me try it in a private garage and see.

But it would be a three month wait for that!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:26   #482
Senior - BHPian

Vista's with Good Year Tyres- Are these bit noisy?I feel the humming like sound predominantly while driving on badly patched roads.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:09   #483
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My Vista is on Goodyear tubeless tyres. However I feel that they are really very noisy & simply not good enough for the bumpy Indian roads.
What is the general opinion of other Vista owners? Has any 1 changed them? If so whats the replacement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Is replacement the only solution for this? If so, whats the next best option.
However are there any other solutions? Will replacing the steel wheels with alloy's help? Has any 1 experimented with changing tyre pressure?
Coming to tyre pressure, whats the pressure do U guys tend to maintain. I have 32 in front & 30 at rear.
Lets try & find a solution for this & share the same with Tata Motors. May be they can act on the same for future cars.
So @Maverick1977 ,Are Your Vista Still running on Default GoodYear Tubeless Tyres?Any Solution to reduce the noise?
I am thinking of showing the tyres to any tyre dealers hopefully they can confirm whether any tyre in particular is faulty?
--
Old 24th January 2010, 09:13   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Vista's with Good Year Tyres- Are these bit noisy?I feel the humming like sound predominantly while driving on badly patched roads.
My Vista too has Goodyear tyres but this being my first vehicle I cant comment on whether they are noisy as compared to other tyres.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 09:58   #485
BHPian

A thought crossed my mind today - does this thread should be still titled as "Indica vista - LIST of known PROBLEMS" ?
I mean by now all erratic problems cropping up have reduced and the product (Vista) is behaving like any other car on the road today. Every car has its own share of problems and we all know this.
All I mean to say is - if any one goes by the title of the thread then at the very first instance it indicates that Vista still has a "LIST" of problems !!!

In my opinion can we rename it to " experience with Indica VISTA till now".
Its just what I thought.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:08   #486
Senior - BHPian

farid, they say that testing can only prove the prescence of defects, not their abscense. I'd say the same goes for anything. Just because we cannot find them does not mean that it doesnt exist.

Plus it shows that we tata owners are realists, unlike some others who create ' did you know' threads about their cars, and pass these defects off as new functionality
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 11:49   #487
BHPian

My Vista came with Bridgestone B250 (not sure of the exact model number). It is noisy as well. And is sometimes irritating. But the good news is that it is ageing fast. I am sure I will have to change them once I reach 20K on the ODO.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 25th January 2010 at 11:54.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 22:17   #488
Senior - BHPian

@DieselAddikt:So ,this tyre noise is a character of Vista's I assume.
--
The Front Right Side Seat Belt's top cover got loosen.I checked and found the securing plastic screw(?) is not in proper shape(crushed) ,need to change it to fix the plastic panel/cover secured properly.

PS:Any Idea how much these interior plastic panel/covers costs?
Old 27th January 2010, 12:50   #489
BHPian

Guys I have to appreciate the superb service being provided by the Tata group. They have always been proactive in solving the problems earlier also. Story is as follows:
I have been cribbing about the problem with the power winder switches since quite some time & every time I took it to the workshop all I was told was that since there's a shortage they could not do much about the part.
2 months had passed since this issue was 1st raised & I finally decided to take this matter to the cal centre. Not surprising that the workshop called me the very next day & apologized for the delay & assured me that the work will be done in 8 days. True to their word, they called me on Monday & requested me to get the car on Saturday (I had requested for a weekend only) or even earlier if possible.
I have decided to take the car on Friday or Saturday.
Kudos to the Tata service!!!!
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 13:16   #490
Senior - BHPian

Hold your horses, You haven't gotten it replaced yet! I've had this enthusiasm too, pity it usually doesn't work out !
EDIT: @ sushant. I was called up and told that my Tasc would reimburse my payment made for something that was covered under extended warranty( which was done in november, and supposed to be cashless in the first place) the next day, when i contacted tata customer support.

THAT was a few weeks ago. Still no cash. You might have had a good experience with your tasc. Pity most of us are not as lucky

Last edited by greenhorn : 27th January 2010 at 13:27.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 13:18   #491
BHPian

I have completed 33K kms on my vista. Now I experience a problem free car. Still car feels and runs like new. From experience up till now I can say TATA service has been great. They are very prompt in solving problems and making it problem free. Today my car is one year old and I am very much satisfied with the car and service.

I would rate service quality at par with competitors.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 13:19   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hold your horses, You haven't gotten it replaced yet! I've had this enthusiasm too, pity it usually doesn't work out !
I got it replaced easily.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 16:32   #493
BHPian

@deepclutch. I think this noise problem is there with all Vistas. No idea about the cost of plastic parts. Have not replaced them yet (touchwood).
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 16:56   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@DieselAddikt:So ,this tyre noise is a character of Vista's I assume.
--
The Front Right Side Seat Belt's top cover got loosen.I checked and found the securing plastic screw(?) is not in proper shape(crushed) ,need to change it to fix the plastic panel/cover secured properly.

PS:Any Idea how much these interior plastic panel/covers costs?
Even I faced the same issue - the B pillar trim on the driver side (seat belt top point) - loosens up. The plastic connector loosens up if the belt is suudenly pulled. What I did was pushed it back firmly taking care that the "LIP" of the door seal (bead) does not get sandwiched in between or else it will comes out again. After doing this, it never came out. Hope this helps.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:20   #495
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tip,fareed.
But in My Car's Case ,the small yellow plastic screw(?) has lost it's shape ,crushed may be sometime earlier(I had floor coverings done outside and they IIRC removed these parts all).Real Problem is , a Leg broken in the "Upper Cover of Driver Side Seat Belt mount" while pressing it back by Me .
So,I have to replace it and Prays that this part will be in stock at Concorde,Kochi.
--
Vista Owners ,Do You have Tyre Rotation Done at TASS or Have to Do Ourselves outside TASS?
Also detail about the Tyre Pressures You have in Your Vista.I have 32psi for front tyres and 30psi at rear.but feels, these are ,a little high.

Last edited by deepclutch : 30th January 2010 at 20:22.