Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th April 2010, 17:52   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
The power windows in my Indica Vista Quadra Aura Ltd. Ed. seem to behave strangely. The window glass on the right, moves up or down slowly compared to the window glass on the left. Is it normal in an Indica Vista
Welcome to the Indica club my dear friend. "This is completely normal" is what the pat reply came from the workshop when I pointed this speed 'error' to them. The same is also true for the rear glasses. In fact if you roll down all 4 at the same time, none of them will go down or up at the same speed. Surprisingly this feature was also on my Zen & Maruti also didnt do anything about it.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 17:55   #527
BHPian

Default Answers please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Please post your expereince with the Michelins? Which one's are they? I too have been contemplating changing to a better rubber since the current Good Years dont seem to be up to the mark at all.
Hello, can any 1 please answer if changing the exisiting GoodYear to Potenza of XM1 make a noticeable difference.
There's a considerable amount of life left in my tyres & I will change them ONLY if there's an appreciable & audible difference.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:36   #528
BHPian

Even the wheel alignment in my vista is not proper. I have done about 9800 kms so far including two services. The car always seems to be pulling to the left. I had taken it to a private wheel alignment center and was told that the goodyear gt3 tyres are to blame.
petroguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 14:44   #529
BHPian

My Vista has developed a new feature. When the dim lights are on & I pull the right side stalk to flash the headlamps, all the lights simply go off. I do understand that this could be due to the headlamps drawing higher current than the system can supply at that point in time. This is becoming irritating & some how the workshop guys are not able to make out the problem. They insist that they want to see the problem happening themselves. However this happens very intermittently & so its difficult to show to the workshop guys.
Any solution for this please???
Old 6th April 2010, 16:21   #530
Senior - BHPian

problem with the relays? try replacing the relays ( the regular headlamp relays and flasher relays are seperate)
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 15:58   #531
BHPian

Maverick1977, it could be a loose contact or a problem with the relay as greenhorn is suggesting. I have been observing in my Vista that the right side light stalk warms up during night driving. I'm not sure but this might have lead to the situation it is in now!
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 09:08   #532
BHPian

Default AC Checkup camp in pune

Recieved a sms from pandit auto, Pune yesterday regarding a free AC check up camp by TATA MOTORS from 9th april 2010 to 30th april 2010. Also there is an advt in Pune Times (last page) regarding the same. Advt speaks of free Electrical and Fuel check up too.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-advt.png  

faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 15:09   #533
BANNED

Guys, My Vista Quadrajet has the following two problems

1. The intercooler is damaged due to an accident. T.A.S.S say it would cost 5,500(replacement) + 1000 for labour.
2. The O-ring in the fuel cap is loose and constantly comes of and it replace that it costs 500.

Are the charges reasonable?
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:05   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, can any 1 please answer if changing the exisiting GoodYear to Potenza of XM1 make a noticeable difference.
There's a considerable amount of life left in my tyres & I will change them ONLY if there's an appreciable & audible difference.
Hi Maverick, i have changed my rubbers to michellin xm1 185/65/r14 good grip and noise level is ok(acceptable) but a slight pulling to left is always there and i think which i can live with (i have gone to atleast 5 different tyre allignment centres but no one could rectify it,and i had this problem slightly with the stock tyres too but not even a single percentage of wier due to this so no probs).Potenza is good but you please check it's life time and in potenza i think u would get 195/60/14 which will be a cool one.
planning for a first long drive in vista..a GOA trip on this coming 13th to 18th.It will be a nice trip with vista(let us see how she will behave on goan moods n roads!!!)will update you guys after the trip.regards
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:17   #535
BHPian

Hey... Eagerly awaiting your report. Have you put alloys on your baby? Would putting 195/60/14 have any effect on comfort - factor very important for me?
Old 9th April 2010, 17:20   #536
BHPian

Default Help needed.

Mileage for my Qjd has been ever decreasing. From 20kmpl, it has come down to 12kmpl after 13K kms and 3 services on the ODO.

Is there anything that can help me get out of this ? Should I check if some specific part is working as expected ? Somebody help me

Note: Power delivery is exactly the way it should be. Turbo kicks in on time. No visible changes when we drive. Just that it drinks diesel a lot.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:28   #537
BHPian

Even I have started observing this. My average has slumped to 14 from the earlier 16.9x that I used to get earlier. The TASS has attributed this to a new condenser (which was changed under warranty recently) as of now. They have also told me that this is a completely electronically controlled engine & hence there is nothing that they can do to increase mileage.
Take it to your TASS & let me know if you get any other reply.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:18   #538
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Problem in Acceleration

Hi All,

I have a Vista Qjet which is about 11 months old. I have already done 20K Kms and just got the fourth servicing done. Lately i have been facing an issue in acceleration. While driving up on any slope (not a very steep gradient) the acceleration suddenly dies for 1-2 seconds and then again it is ok. This repeats continuosly. The car typically is either in the 3rd or 4th gear. I mentioned this issue during the fourth servicing and the engineer got it checked. He mentioned that its got to do with the Turbo and would need more detailed check. The engineer also experienced the same issue on a test ride.

Wanted to ask the group if anyone has faced the same issue in the Vista and known resolution for it.

Thanks in advance

Amit
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 19:25   #539
BHPian

@Maverick1977

That is the same reply I got from TASS. They said nothing much can be done about it. However, I am planning to take it to them again. This is making serious dent in my pocket every month. I do a lot of running. (Covered 15K kms in 5 months.)

@amitwlele

I have not had any issues with the turbo (touch wood). If it has already been identified as a turbo problem, please do get it rectified ASAP. Your car is still in warranty right.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 19:34   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Hey... Eagerly awaiting your report. Have you put alloys on your baby? Would putting 195/60/14 have any effect on comfort - factor very important for me?
yes, i have put alloys of HR.My FE has not been reduced but consistantly getting 16km.But by putting potenza of 195/60/14 may reduce ur FE but comfort will drastically improve i think.regards
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote