Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th September 2010, 10:10   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
hsys,

The SA told me that the sound comes because of dirt accumulation. Not sure how dirt can get accumulated in a brand new car. According to SA they did some cleaning and greasing.... That is all...

Regards,
lsjey
Thanks isjay,

Once SA said he has changed the bush, but infact he only greased/oiled it. That didn't solve the problem. Within 3-4 days i reporded the sound again. Then they changed the bushes. Problem solved only to resurface within 8-10 days of city driving (approx 20 km a day).
I am a worried man. (Both for front queeking sound as well as rear banging sound). Any one else is facing this type of problem ? or can experts suggest what could be wrong ?
What action can i take ? Can i contact someone at TML ?

Also, i would like to know what max wattage bulbs be used without much alteration ? which one do u (forum members) suggest ?
hysys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 07:43   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysys View Post
Thanks isjay,

Once SA said he has changed the bush, but infact he only greased/oiled it. That didn't solve the problem. Within 3-4 days i reporded the sound again. Then they changed the bushes. Problem solved only to resurface within 8-10 days of city driving (approx 20 km a day).
I am a worried man. (Both for front queeking sound as well as rear banging sound). Any one else is facing this type of problem ? or can experts suggest what could be wrong ?
What action can i take ? Can i contact someone at TML ?

Also, i would like to know what max wattage bulbs be used without much alteration ? which one do u (forum members) suggest ?
Since your issue has not been resolved after a couple of visits to A.S.S, I think the best option will be to report it to some one from Tata who is in charge of your zonal service. That helps a lot, and A.S.S will take such complaints with much more importance. Good Luck.
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 09:06   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Since your issue has not been resolved after a couple of visits to A.S.S, I think the best option will be to report it to some one from Tata who is in charge of your zonal service. That helps a lot, and A.S.S will take such complaints with much more importance. Good Luck.
Thanks bhp maniac,

Do you know the procedure / contact details for Karnataka region ?
hysys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 20:25   #634
BHPian

Hello all,
I am nearing my 20k kms service and the SA at TASS adviced me to go for synthetic oil during the service.
Any of you running on synthetic?
if yes, which one? I saw mobil posters in the service station. Is that the recommended brand?

The only minor niggle the TASS has not been able to solve is the blower sound at low fan-speed rest all is well.
cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 20:34   #635
BHPian

Got my 20K service done today. Got the oil filter and fuel filter changed. Total cost - 3254/-. Was going over the manual and it says that the transaxle oil is also to be changed, but I dont see a bill item for this. Did tata forget to do this?
Has anyone who has done a 20K service got this changed?
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 14:15   #636
BHPian

Changed my tyres (Stock) Bridgestone S250s yesterday. The reason. These are really bad tyres with not good enough road grip and was getting vibrations in the steering column beyong 100 kmph. TASS guys trouble shooted and pointed fingers at tyres. I had a couple of bad experiences on the road braking.

Now my visata is clad in Apollo acelere tubeless tyres. Changed them at Lal tyres, whites road. So far the feedback is as follows:

1. Road noise lesser. With S250s the road noise was very intrusive
2. Better grip. The car seems to feel better while cornering and braking
3. Ride comfort (psychological?) I feel that the ride is much better.

I was told that the acelere has soft side walls and need to drive a bit carefully....

Why can't tata put good tyres even tubed will do but goood quality ones.....

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 09:31   #637
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this thread is scaring me!

We have a 2001 Indica in kerela which is used by our company staff. It has run 2L kms, but with a lot of trouble. Issues & A.S.S visits were too frequent.

Anyways, we have decided to sell it & when we asked the local dealer, he quoted a price of 80k whereas the TATA dealer is willing to give is 1.5L for the car on a buyback scheme (if we purchase a vista from them)!!! Now thats almost double the value!

After reading through this thread, i am wondering should we go for the Vista & save 70k or just sell the old indica for 80k & buy another maruti or hyundai... sales thread in this forum indicate that the vista is selling in decent numbers, then why is the dealer so desperate?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 10:49   #638
BHPian

@Vista_qjd

I did my 20K service a month back. Transaxle oil was not changed. Once I saw your post I checked the manual, but couldn't find anything related to such an oil change ? Did I miss something ???

@raj_5004

Many of these problems are minor and do not really worry a normal person at all. How many staff members will really complain about a small "wooosh" sound from the suspension ? May be, the really caring people like us will. The space and more than decent ride it offers will become handy for your requirements. Go ahead and buy one. Though, for your personal use, you can find better options in I20, Figo Tdci etc albeit at a considerable premium.
DieselAddikt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 12:59   #639
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot friends. we will be booking the vista soon.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:18   #640
BHPian

hey raj_5004... That was quick. Congrats to you sir.

Having owned cars from Mahindra stable, it will be nice to know about your experience with Tata cars now. Do post the detailed buying experience and it will be nice if you can compare the experience with Mahindra family, which essentially is another home grown brand. And yes, i seriously hope you will not have to post in this thread often. :-)
DieselAddikt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 16:09   #641
Senior - BHPian

we have had some bad experiences with tatas with 2 safaris. i guess vista is the "new gen" tata & certainly deserves a chance.

till now, my overall experience with mahindras have been far better, lets see how the vista changes the scenario!
Old 14th October 2010, 16:26   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysys View Post
Thanks bhp maniac,

Do you know the procedure / contact details for Karnataka region ?
The toll free number to the TATA customer care is given here Tata Motors Customer Care :: Home. You can tell them specifically the issues and ask them that you want some senior persons from Tata to do the things.
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 14:25   #643
BHPian

Default Windows Roll Up Module For Vista

Hi

has anyone of you installed the auto windows roll-up module in your Vistas`? I have a Autocop central locking system (Tata accessory installed by dealer) and hope to add this add-on module.

If yes, please suggest me the place too.
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:47   #644

Default Gurgaon rates, Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Deepclutch - I feel you are the 1st one to buy a Vista QJD Terra edition. Excellent choice I must say. I was also in the same quandary a year back, however at that point in time there was no Terra version & that left me with no choice but to go with the Aura version.
Can you please post the price difference between the 3 QJD models. I am sure that the QJD Terra is priced far lower than the Swift LX which is equally a stripped down version.

Quoting the Gurgaon rates in Jan 2010:
QJD Terra : INR 4.25 L (i got this )
QJD Aqua : INR 4.55 L
QJD Aura : INR 4.80 L
gotiyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 20:25   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

My dad is looking for a diesel hatch and I have been suggesting the Vista QJD with ABS. Both him and my mom were against Tata cars. But I convinced them to do a TD and they are now quite impressed with the Vista and leaning towards it. I just spend the last half hour catching up on this thread and it looks like Tata has come a long way from the first set of Indicas. The problems faced by owners doesn't seem to be too bad. I think I will take a chance on the Vista. The VFM proposition is too good to ignore.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote