Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 15:58   #661
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_01 View Post
Hi Guys,

My car has completed 29k kms. I was facing some problems:
1. the car has some squeaking sound coming from left side of car (seems like from left side door/seat).

2. The car has some "tuk tuk" sound coming from steering assembly (near tyres) when I was turning the car slowly left/right.

3. Lack of power (when car is in first gear).

yesterday i handed over to TASC (Madhapur Hyderabad). they handed me a bill of 10,500......

according to them they need to replace:

1. Breaks (front left wheel) 1800/-
2. Engine Belt 4800/-
3. air filter 800/-
4. hose pipe (under fan assembly) 800/-
it has dent marks due to low clearance to Indian roads

I want suggestions from you people that it is right to pay them or something should be covered under warranty?
Everything except brakes should be covered under warranty. Also what is this Engine belt? Do they mean the belt which connects A/C, alternator and all to engine? I got the breaks also changed under warranty on my Maruti. So do have a talk with them before paying them.
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 15:53   #662
BHPian
 
NFS-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_01 View Post
Hi Guys,

My car has completed 29k kms. I was facing some problems:
1. the car has some squeaking sound coming from left side of car (seems like from left side door/seat).

2. The car has some "tuk tuk" sound coming from steering assembly (near tyres) when I was turning the car slowly left/right.

3. Lack of power (when car is in first gear).

yesterday i handed over to TASC (Madhapur Hyderabad). they handed me a bill of 10,500......

according to them they need to replace:

1. Breaks (front left wheel) 1800/-
2. Engine Belt 4800/-
3. air filter 800/-
4. hose pipe (under fan assembly) 800/-
it has dent marks due to low clearance to Indian roads

I want suggestions from you people that it is right to pay them or something should be covered under warranty?
I had a look at the tatamotors webpage under "extended warranty" link (Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know). Under "what is covered" heading it clearly states belts are covered under warranty. Assuming that your car is covered under extended warranty I suggest you to talk to them and if they argue otherwise you can always show them this detail.
Other thing is the price they have quoted for air filter. Recently upon enquiry I was told Vista's air filter costs only Rs.350! I hope the remaining 450 isn't the labour charge for replacing the airfilter!
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 17:28   #663
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
I had a look at the tatamotors webpage under "extended warranty" link (Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know). Under "what is covered" heading it clearly states belts are covered under warranty. Assuming that your car is covered under extended warranty I suggest you to talk to them and if they argue otherwise you can always show them this detail.
Other thing is the price they have quoted for air filter. Recently upon enquiry I was told Vista's air filter costs only Rs.350! I hope the remaining 450 isn't the labour charge for replacing the airfilter!
Now only I saw the cost of air filter. I don't think Vista is having a stock air filter with 800 Rs I bet you've been taken for a ride. Take this to TATA managemenr directly.
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 15:22   #664
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Gentlemen-I have almost finalized on buying the vista qdj aqua refresh.But after reading random posts in this thread,im having my doubts if i should go for this car.Have some questions though.
1) How is the quality of interiors in the refresh version when compared to the earlier ones?

2)Has anybody upgraded the head lights from stock to say 90/100 watts for both high and low beams?Is this even possible considering that double barrel lights.

3)Leaving the issues apart,how much does the 1st,2nd and the following services cost and what are the service intervals?Any hits on the actual ownership costs will be much appreciated

4) Finally are the issues regarding,headlights blowing up,ac perfomance and road noise sorted out or still prevailing??
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 17:41   #665
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Now only I saw the cost of air filter. I don't think Vista is having a stock air filter with 800 Rs I bet you've been taken for a ride. Take this to TATA managemenr directly.
You may have got the car fixed by now, but just so you know, the filter which i replaced at a TASS last month cost me just around 400 odd. You definitely have been taken for a ride. Never go back to this dealer.
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 18:15   #666
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Post Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Gentlemen-I have almost finalized on buying the vista qdj aqua refresh.
I will recommend You have under body,fender(both front and rear),internal panel Anti-rust Coating Done immediately after taking Delivery or get it done in Dealership itself. and Check it Regularly if Your Place have Horrible Monsoon Season like in Central Kerala.
Mine Vista's Rear Fender has some sledges left stuck and it was there for may be a week or so. I pressure washed the portion to find dots of Rust Formation on this part. They have Plastic Cover put over this portion Which makes it Difficult to Clean. This Happened 2 months back and I had no Anti-Rust Coating for Fenders Which I did immediately.

My Experience with 2 Tata Cars Suggests the Same thing. Their Metallurgy(Car Body ) is not that Great. Especially Regarding Rusting. Don't Know if the Situation is better for Newer Cars.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 18:36   #667
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 553
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Gentlemen-I have almost finalized on buying the vista qdj aqua refresh.But after reading random posts in this thread,im having my doubts if i should go for this car.Have some questions though.
1) How is the quality of interiors in the refresh version when compared to the earlier ones?
You will love Vista interiors as you use it. My car is completing 2 years in next with and clocked near 60,000 kms. It has proved itself a very reliable ride. All things are holding tight as new. I will say earlier one Vista has better color scheme than new one.

Quote:
2)Has anybody upgraded the head lights from stock to say 90/100 watts for both high and low beams?Is this even possible considering that double barrel lights.
Stock headlights are pretty much powerful.

Quote:
3)Leaving the issues apart,how much does the 1st,2nd and the following services cost and what are the service intervals?Any hits on the actual ownership costs will be much appreciated
I dont remember actual bills. Charges are very much less. Tata replaces faulty parts under warranty without any hesitation.

Quote:
4) Finally are the issues regarding,headlights blowing up,ac perfomance and road noise sorted out or still prevailing??
Headlights no problem. Performance amazing. You have thick layer of wool between you and road noise no worry. Only Suspension noise is evident. No rattling after 60K kms. Suspension still holding its pride. Engine still breaths like new.

You can go for it without even second thought. I purchased my Vista when it was launched. Now it should be mature product and totally niggle free.
You can read my ownership log here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html (Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log)

Last edited by sushantr5 : 21st January 2011 at 18:38.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 16:07   #668
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Hey Vista Owners - Have any of you faced the issue of the Horn not working? Earlier once i had faced the issue but it was not bad. The horn used to work after repeated tries and the problem was also fixed after the 3 rd service.

But now again i am facing the issue and sometimes the horn simply refuses to honk. Considering Pune traffic this sometimes becomes a hindrance.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 18:05   #669
BHPian
 
fifthwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Do you happen to re-fuel the car after driving over 4-5kms? The hot air heated tire shows "inflated" pressure. It is suggested that one always checks the tire pressure in cold condition only.

No. The fuel station is hardly a km from my Office. Got an info that the pressure gauge at this particular fuel station is defective. Now started filling upto 35 Psi in the front & 34Psi in the rear according to their pressure gauge. BINGO!! my cute little baby started returning 20kmpl (from the earlier average of 16 kmpl). More surprisingly, there are no rattling noise from then on. Don't whether this is good for the baby.
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 18:17   #670
BHPian
 
fifthwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_01 View Post
Hi Guys,

My car has completed 29k kms. I was facing some problems:
1. the car has some squeaking sound coming from left side of car (seems like from left side door/seat).

2. The car has some "tuk tuk" sound coming from steering assembly (near tyres) when I was turning the car slowly left/right.

Don't worry about the noises & other sounds. You should share if you are not getting any rattling, tak..tak.., thud noises

3. Lack of power (when car is in first gear).

Sombody help me. Me too facing this issue

yesterday i handed over to TASC (Madhapur Hyderabad). they handed me a bill of 10,500......

This seems to be too high - I suppose this was during the 30k service. I paid Rs 3050 for the 30k service last week

according to them they need to replace:

1. Breaks (front left wheel) 1800/-
2. Engine Belt 4800/-
3. air filter 800/-
4. hose pipe (under fan assembly) 800/-
it has dent marks due to low clearance to Indian roads

I want suggestions from you people that it is right to pay them or something should be covered under warranty?
Unfortunately none of these are covered under warranty. Has the work been completed? If so, please check for yourself, whether these are really replaced, ask for the old parts for inspection. If not, get a second opinion
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 18:29   #671
BHPian
 
fifthwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
2)Has anybody upgraded the head lights from stock to say 90/100 watts for both high and low beams?Is this even possible considering that double barrel lights.
Stock headlights are pretty much powerful.

Please do not change the bulbs to 90/100 (which is an offense as per MV act). Being responsible citizens we are not supposed to blind the drivers on the opposite lane.

In-fact, the stock bulb (in high beam 55w+55w=110w) is pretty much better than the 100w in the high beam which you may getfrom the 90/100 bulb. Confirmed the same with my frien's ALTO with 90/100. Even the friend affirmed the same
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:40   #672
BHPian
 
NFS-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hey Vista Owners - Have any of you faced the issue of the Horn not working? Earlier once i had faced the issue but it was not bad. The horn used to work after repeated tries and the problem was also fixed after the 3 rd service.

But now again i am facing the issue and sometimes the horn simply refuses to honk. Considering Pune traffic this sometimes becomes a hindrance.
Amitwlele, I too faced the same problem and figured what was causing it. It was the loose connection at the fuse box. Locate the fuse (the top in the row) thats for the horn. Pull it out and push it back in. It should work. if this doesn't work chk whether its blown out. you can replace once with the same rating.
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 12:00   #673
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Amitwlele, I too faced the same problem and figured what was causing it. It was the loose connection at the fuse box. Locate the fuse (the top in the row) thats for the horn. Pull it out and push it back in. It should work. if this doesn't work chk whether its blown out. you can replace once with the same rating.
Thanks NFS-II. Would check it out and report the results by this weekend. I hope the manual has the details of the fuse box and which one to pull out
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 14:48   #674
BHPian
 
NFS-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I hope the manual has the details of the fuse box and which one to pull out
Don't remember about the manual however, the details are clearly printed on the inner face of the fuse box cover (the fuse box is located on the right bottom of the steering wheel).
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 20:17   #675
BHPian
 
amit_purohit20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 466 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Hello Guys,
Some nut in my building dropped a heavy object on my windscreen,its cracked.I have a March 2009 Vista TDI. I have a valid Tata Insurance too.Any guess about the windscreen price and the labour charges?Also any precautions to be taken while fitment of new one. Suggestions required for good service centre in Pune.Does the insurance approve such a type of incident?How much cost i can refund using insurance. Please reply I need to do this by this saturday.
amit_purohit20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Palio MJD - Known Problems Ice Technical Stuff 304 23rd October 2016 13:31
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks