Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th May 2011, 18:24   #751
BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Smoking will be there under hard acceleration on diesels, but less. If TASS says its normal, ask them to verify it on another Vista in your presence.
Is this a fact????

I just got the 2nd free service done in my vista(5000kms).I dont know if i have noticed it before...dark smoke is emitted during hard acceleration in the 2nd gear i can see it on my RVM'S.Is this something to worry about,cos i find it hard to digest considering the car is just 3 months old!
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 18:53   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Is this a fact????

I just got the 2nd free service done in my vista(5000kms).I dont know if i have noticed it before...dark smoke is emitted during hard acceleration in the 2nd gear i can see it on my RVM'S.Is this something to worry about,cos i find it hard to digest considering the car is just 3 months old!
Black smoke is normal in hard acceleration for diesel. Even a Benz has the same pattern - black smoke in hard acceleration.
vista_qjd is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 20:43   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a fact????

Try accelerating a bit slower, simply said be nice on the throttle Black smoke is unburnt diesel coming out since the air flow was not enough for a complete combustion. The reason may be anything from a clogged air filter to a leak in air hose or just nothing. I always clean my air filter every 1000 km and I remember I had black smoke at times. If the issue persists and if you feel a loss of power or so, just notify to the TASS.
bhp_maniac is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 11:18   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Try accelerating a bit slower, simply said be nice on the throttle Black smoke is unburnt diesel coming out since the air flow was not enough for a complete combustion. The reason may be anything from a clogged air filter to a leak in air hose or just nothing. I always clean my air filter every 1000 km and I remember I had black smoke at times. If the issue persists and if you feel a loss of power or so, just notify to the TASS.
Maniac-thanks for the info.How do u go about cleaning the airfilter???Is it DIY?
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 11:44   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Maniac-thanks for the info.How do u go about cleaning the airfilter???Is it DIY?
You're welcome Sam. I clean it myself. It's just a DIY once you open the filter box I clean it with my vacuum cleaner in blower mode. You may be surprised to see the amount of dust and dead insects and all. I do that all the time
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 00:03   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're welcome Sam. I clean it myself. It's just a DIY once you open the filter box I clean it with my vacuum cleaner in blower mode. You may be surprised to see the amount of dust and dead insects and all. I do that all the time
Detailed steps with snaps would be useful, if you can post those.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 08:36   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Detailed steps with snaps would be useful, if you can post those.
I will do a detailed step by step procedure the next time I do it For the time being you can check here for steps on unscrewing filter box (for a Swift). I do these steps and then clean it using blower

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ome-pg2-2.html
bhp_maniac is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 09:09   #758
BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems - front windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
I contacted few agenices for my broken windshield and following are the rates:
1)Tata Service Mumbai: Total cost 7500 ,After Insurance I need to bear:2200
2)Tata Service Pune: Total cost 7000 ,After Insurance I need to bear:2500
3)Pune Windshield guys : Total cost 5551 ,After Insurance I need to bear:860.

Jai Team-Bhp for all the help.
I am in Delhi and have a 2009 march indica vista with me. I woke up last morning to find out a crack (that increased to substantial size in the next 6-8 hours)in my front windshield. I am in Delhi. What would be the best option for me?
I have never claimed insurance and would run the risk of losing my no claim bonus. What do you guys suggest? Anyone else who has had any experience with broken windshields in Delhi.
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:46   #759
BHPian

The best solution is to go to Windshield experts, reasonable pricing (cheaper as compared to authorised workshops),fast work,reliable and good quality workmanship.One thing to keep in mind is they are the suppliers of glass to most of the authorised workshops. They also have techniques by which small scratches or chip outs can be repaired. No authorized workshop will do the same.Go to their website and get the number and call them for delhi.

regards,
Amit
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 18:58   #760
Senior - BHPian

Hey fellow Vista owners - Does any one else face any problem in engaging the reverse gear?

For me quite often the reverse gear does not engage properly the first time i try doing it. The reverse horn starts but the car does not move.

I can hear a distinct sound when the reverse gear is properly engaged and then the car moves. This is not a new occurance and has been happening for the last couple of months. The last time i did the service i forgot mentioning this to the SA.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 19:42   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey fellow Vista owners - Does any one else face any problem in engaging the reverse gear?
Try slotting into 1st and then slotting into reverse. Its a common technique practiced.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:58   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20
The best solution is to go to Windshield experts, reasonable pricing (cheaper as compared to authorised workshops),fast work,reliable and good quality workmanship.One thing to keep in mind is they are the suppliers of glass to most of the authorised workshops. They also have techniques by which small scratches or chip outs can be repaired. No authorized workshop will do the same.Go to their website and get the number and call them for delhi.

regards,
Amit
Thanks a lot for your advice. So would you suggest forgoing no claim bonus?
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 18:53   #763
BHPian

[quote=amitwlele;2383850]Hey fellow Vista owners - Does any one else face any problem in engaging the reverse gear?

For me quite often the reverse gear does not engage properly the first time i try doing it. The reverse horn starts but the car does not move.

I can hear a distinct sound when the reverse gear is properly engaged and then the car moves.]

hi amitwele, i also own a vista and it has satisfactorily completed the 15k mark. Till date, i haven't faced any gear shift problems. But i can suggest you one thing, always before shifting into reverse gear, shift it into first gear and then after that it will smoothly go into reverse..
bigautobuff is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 20:04   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
So would you suggest forgoing no claim bonus?
Yep, the windshield will cost much more than you save with no claim bonus, also, regarding recording the claim and loosing resale, well, one can always make out a new windsheild other than the one that came with the car. So, yes, claim insurance, you will get 100% refund, and you have to pay just 500Rs claim charges.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 10:26   #765
BHPian

Quote:

I can hear a distinct sound when the reverse gear is properly engaged and then the car moves. This is not a new occurance and has been happening for the last couple of months. The last time i did the service i forgot mentioning this to the SA.
This is common since the reverse is not a synchronized gear Slotting to 1st do helps. I have had this issue on my current Swift and previous Xeta. In both cases when this happens I do the following in chronological order.

1) Shift back to neutral.
2) Depress clutch and release.
3) Then try slot in reverse.

This normally solves the issue. No need to worry
bhp_maniac is online now   Reply With Quote