Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 12:14   #766
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
This is common since the reverse is not a synchronized gear Slotting to 1st do helps. I have had this issue on my current Swift and previous Xeta. In both cases when this happens I do the following in chronological order.

1) Shift back to neutral.
2) Depress clutch and release.
3) Then try slot in reverse.

This normally solves the issue. No need to worry
Thanks for letting me know that this is a common problem in other cars as well. This being my first car i thought TATA has made a goof up

Apologies to the folks in TATA (you never know there would be one on this thread)
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:41   #767
BHPian
 
kartikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 138
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

How much does the diesel fuel filter cost for Vista Qdrjt? I last replaced mine for the 20K service and from what I remember it costed me around 1800 or thereabouts. The reason I ask is today this guy from Prerana comes to do the Free Home Check up and he said its for less than 500. Only worried if the SA is fleecing me to book higher revenues.

: Tata Motors Service has greatly improved , atleast for me cos after every service you get those calls from Pune to recheck if everything went well and not only that, I get calls again from Pune and Prerana after about 2-3 months from the last service wherein Free check up camp is scheduled along with washing etc.. if you missed that then this guy comes home does the free check up and notes down any schudeled maintenence issues.
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:44   #768
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 262
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
How much does the diesel fuel filter cost for Vista Qdrjt? I last replaced mine for the 20K service and from what I remember it costed me around 1800 or thereabouts. The reason I ask is today this guy from Prerana comes to do the Free Home Check up and he said its for less than 500. Only worried if the SA is fleecing me to book higher revenues.
It costs Rs. 1400 + taxes. I just got it replaced last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
: Tata Motors Service has greatly improved , atleast for me cos after every service you get those calls from Pune to recheck if everything went well and not only that, I get calls again from Pune and Prerana after about 2-3 months from the last service wherein Free check up camp is scheduled along with washing etc.. if you missed that then this guy comes home does the free check up and notes down any schudeled maintenence issues.
I always used to get these calls right from the time I purchased the car. Still get it after they have serviced the car. AT the TASC also, the SA's are very keen that we rate no lesser than 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. However, the service provided by TASC's still leaves a lot to be desired.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:03   #769
BHPian
 
kartikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 138
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems



Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post

I always used to get these calls right from the time I purchased the car. Still get it after they have serviced the car. AT the TASC also, the SA's are very keen that we rate no lesser than 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. However, the service provided by TASC's still leaves a lot to be desired.
Believe me I really happy, just imagine the amount of engery from management point of view. What I mean is from idea to execution of delievering good service is really a tough ask. Many companies want to serve customers better but to get every employee and also employees of your distributors/partners/vendors equally excited is really a big thing. Something is working for Tata Motors if not all it sure is working at Prerana Motors.
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:15   #770
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 262
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Believe me I really happy, just imagine the amount of engery from management point of view. What I mean is from idea to execution of delievering good service is really a tough ask. Many companies want to serve customers better but to get every employee and also employees of your distributors/partners/vendors equally excited is really a big thing. Something is working for Tata Motors if not all it sure is working at Prerana Motors.
Yes. The concept is nice and there is a feel good factor involved for the end customer. Its good that its working for you at your TASC.

However, I am yet to see any significant improvement in fault-free service and issue resoluton. To be specific I am referring to Om-Sai motors in Kandivali (W), Mumbai. They have called me back n number of times and tried to pacify me with gift vouchers, free PUC checks and even a trip to Water Kingdom for 4. However, I will gladly trade all of these for some SA's/mechanics who understand the root cause of the issue and fix it for good.

In my last service, they changed the fuel filter (even though it was in good condition and too early to be changed as per KM) at their discretion without informing me and asked me to pay for the same. To top it all, the issues which we reported were also not fixed. The ones which were fixed resurfaced in a couple of days. They did offer to send a driver, pick up the car, fix the issues and drop the car back, but I have been too busy to release the car.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:10   #771
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,312 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

instead of getting our cars fixed, all its seems is that Tata staff have learnt is to grovel and plead helplessness so that you give them a good rating
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 00:53   #772
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

I've got a call from jdpower survey yesterday. questionnaire regarding Car ownership experience lasted some 15minutes(we switched to hindi due to incomprehensible English of His). anyone else?
--------
Vista QJD at ~18000kms has got two front discs replaced under warranty(reason brake feels "pulsating"). I paid for the brake pads though. is it normal pads worn out at 18K kms? I am not always driving through Hilly Roads. I "pump" at high speeds hoping to save from "disc warping". nothing worked .

There is the problem of Alignment Changing after even 2000kms. They have no clue except for doing wheel Alignment when I complain each time. agrees that drives through some kachcha roads once in a while and I am careful.

For 4th Service at 20,000kms anything Particularly to be informed to Service Advisor? Shall I shift to Synthetic Oil?

Last edited by deepclutch : 24th June 2011 at 00:57.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 14:48   #773
BHPian
 
kartikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 138
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I've got a call from jdpower survey yesterday. questionnaire regarding Car ownership experience lasted some 15minutes(we switched to hindi due to incomprehensible English of His). anyone else?
Yup I too got a call after I finished my 20K service from JD Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
For 4th Service at 20,000kms anything Particularly to be informed to Service Advisor? Shall I shift to Synthetic Oil?
Please move to synthetic it makes a ton of difference, I did so from 10K itself. Though Mobil 1 costs a bomb wish it was a bit cheaper.
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 01:20   #774
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Post Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Yup I too got a call after I finished my 20K service from JD Power.



Please move to synthetic it makes a ton of difference, I did so from 10K itself. Though Mobil 1 costs a bomb wish it was a bit cheaper.
What is the Cost for Synthetic Oil?
I was asked by SA during 2nd service or so regarding shifting to synthetic oil. I thought 20,000kms on Mineral Oils will work as a running-in for the Engine;to settle down
  • Do Synthetic Oil Needs topping up after few thousand kilometers ?
  • How many Kilometers Synthetic Oil Will Last?
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 09:47   #775
BHPian
 
kartikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 138
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
What is the Cost for Synthetic Oil?
I was asked by SA during 2nd service or so regarding shifting to synthetic oil. I thought 20,000kms on Mineral Oils will work as a running-in for the Engine;to settle down
  • Do Synthetic Oil Needs topping up after few thousand kilometers ?
  • How many Kilometers Synthetic Oil Will Last?
Costs about 3.5K for 3.1 ltrs, (Mobil1) 10K for running-in is good, yes synthetic's need to be topped up and usually last double the km as minerals but what I read from the net and even a thread here is that synthetics have evenly sized molecules and its the chemical combination which gives better performance even at higher temperatures, unlike mineral. Also morning starts are less painful to the engine. There is more to synthetic oil formulations and how it improves engine life etc.. this is all I remember

I'm due for change, completed 30K today made my trip from Blr to Pune, I was monitoring color and level in my engine since my last oil change at 10K, its now going completely dark black though the engine still revs easily till about 2k to 2.5k and level has dropped. I feel the engine can easily take about 750ml in it now, thats how much I would have lost in 20K km's
kartikk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 10:23   #776
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Costs about 3.5K for 3.1 ltrs, (Mobil1)
Regarding Topping up oil, will TASS checks the level only on service visits(Mine is still under Primary Warranty) or A Visit every 5000kms needed?
Or, A need to Carry Synthetic Oil Carbuoy with Your Car!
I was told like Synthetic Oil will last 30K kms or so which may be outright wrong.
Thanks for the Support.

Last edited by deepclutch : 26th June 2011 at 10:25.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 10:39   #777
BHPian
 
kartikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 138
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Regarding Topping up oil, will TASS checks the level only on service visits(Mine is still under Primary Warranty) or A Visit every 5000kms needed?
Or, A need to Carry Synthetic Oil Carbuoy with Your Car!
I was told like Synthetic Oil will last 30K kms or so which may be outright wrong.
Thanks for the Support.

Look at it in this way, the oil is better, the performance is better, better protection but it does not always translate to lower intermediate maintenance, though in the long run you will get better engine life and more bang from your car.

I too am in primary warranty, I've completed 30k in 1year 3 months of owning my Vista
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 11:58   #778
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
I feel the engine can easily take about 750ml in it now, thats how much I would have lost in 20K km's
I guess the oil level would've neared minimum mark on the dipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I was told like Synthetic Oil will last 30K kms or so which may be outright wrong.
30K KMs seems to be on the higher side. I think 20K KMs will be an appropriate drain period for synthetic oil. However TASC people recommend the oil change at 15K KMs-20K KMs max or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

I switched to Castrol Edge synthetic at 10K KMs (3rd) service for my Vista QJet. It costs Rs. 956/- + tax per Ltr. Engine became smoother and revved freely. During the 4th service at 18.5K KMs, I switched to Mobil Super 1000 TM. It costs Rs. 266/- + tax per Ltr. I feel the there is no significant change in the engine after switching. Engine smoothness seems to be same as using Edge.

My thinking goes like this. Since I do less than 10K KMs in a year, instead of using Edge, use Super 1000 TM and change at 5K KMs or 6 months. In addition to working out cheaper, engine gets fresh oil very 5K KMs. Am I right?
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 22:34   #779
BHPian
 
rahul4640's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 462
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Gentlemen,
There is something wrong with my Tata indigo car (2005 petrol/MPFI). When I am at a open and wide road,step on the gas, several times have found that the voltage surges, the illumination of the headlights increase, the AC blower starts to roar and the wipers swing faster. Even the sound of the horn changes. This happens for few seconds only. Each time I get worried, slow down to bring the RPM down and the problem stops. I have replaced three sets of headlights in last two months. Surely something is wrong with the alternator? I have even taken my car to Lucas, but the car is behaving normally before them. Although they did not open the alternator, they made some tests, checking the battery with a digital meter and by revving the engine. They declared that the alternator was OK. What shall I do? May I insist on full alternator service? Or do I need some other requirement? I have already replaced the regulator (cut out) once but the problem persists.
Please help.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Calcutta
rahul4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 13:36   #780
BHPian
 
NFS-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Hi,

Had an incident during my recent highway trip that has left my Vista's bumper cracked and fog lamp damaged. Can someone share the costs involved if you have had to replace it in the past?

Things I need to replace are
  1. Front Bumper
  2. Fog lamp - left
  3. wheel cap
regards
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Palio MJD - Known Problems Ice Technical Stuff 304 23rd October 2016 13:31
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks