Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 12:50   #856
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
smrtdvl, what were the OE tyres?
BRIDGESTONE's - No upgrades done

For the next ques I need to look below the car after the rains cos its too muddy out there. But I can certainly say there is a noticeable difference in tyre noise inside the cabin.
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 15:41   #857
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
BRIDGESTONE's - No upgrades done
That's the primary reason for less tyre noise inside the cabin. My Vista got Goodyears as OE.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 11:17   #858
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Sam.K, happy to see another CBE T-BHPian. The same Autozone people say it's marching noise but getting generated from gear box. Seems like it cannot be stopped once it comes up. As you said, even I feel "Marching Noise" had become a common term for them. I have taken up the issue to TATA Motors and waiting for their reply.
I received the following unconvincing reply with the same term from TASC in written, for the complaint registered through the web form of TATA Motor's customer care website.

"We have observed that the above noise (Marching Noise) is normal in all the vehicles which we have explained to you..."

It seems like the details posted in the web form just get forwarded to the respective service center for action. I'm going to escalate the complaint with TATA Motors.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 15:55   #859
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
I received the following unconvincing reply with the same term from TASC in written, for the complaint registered through the web form of TATA Motor's customer care website.

"We have observed that the above noise (Marching Noise) is normal in all the vehicles which we have explained to you..."

It seems like the details posted in the web form just get forwarded to the respective service center for action. I'm going to escalate the complaint with TATA Motors.
I have been directed to get in touch with Tyre care @ Ramnagar who happens to be the primary Good year dealer in Coimbatore.

Now my steering wheel is wobbling due to this tyre issue.We checked this by chanding the front tyre to Bridgestone and the wobbling vanished.The excuse now given to me by Autozone is"This always happens with Goodyear tyres".Let me see what happens next.

Last edited by Sam.k : 4th November 2011 at 15:56.
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 16:14   #860
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 14
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
That's the primary reason for less tyre noise inside the cabin. My Vista got Goodyears as OE.
Even mine have Goodyear tyres ae OE. At the second service I got the front wheels aligment checked and corrected (car was drifting to the left), and now I notice that the tyre noise also has reduced noticeably. That's a revelation for me! (I took delivery of my Vista Quadrajet Aura in April and have done something over 5K Kms till date).
car_da_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 11:49   #861
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I have been directed to get in touch with Tyre care @ Ramnagar who happens to be the primary Good year dealer in Coimbatore.

Now my steering wheel is wobbling due to this tyre issue.We checked this by chanding the front tyre to Bridgestone and the wobbling vanished.The excuse now given to me by Autozone is"This always happens with Goodyear tyres".Let me see what happens next.
Sam, I think it is City Tyre Care @ Ramnagar, because Tyre Care is in Avinashi Road (after Lakshmi Mills Jn. towards Peelamedu). I was about to suggest Tyre Care to you. They solved the wobbling issue completely and tyre noise significantly in my Vista with the same Goodyear. They did an alignment, swapped the rear tyres with front and did balancing for the front tyres alone. Earlier, Autozone people said that the problem could only be solved, if Goodyears are changed.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 13:07   #862
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Sam, I think it is City Tyre Care @ Ramnagar, because Tyre Care is in Avinashi Road (after Lakshmi Mills Jn. towards Peelamedu). I was about to suggest Tyre Care to you. They solved the wobbling issue completely and tyre noise significantly in my Vista with the same Goodyear. They did an alignment, swapped the rear tyres with front and did balancing for the front tyres alone. Earlier, Autozone people said that the problem could only be solved, if Goodyears are changed.
Arun-You got it fixed from city tyre care or tyre care?I went to city tyre care,ramnagar and they have done a decent job.However i was told that one of the front rims had taken a beating and is slightly bent in one place.That might be the reason for steering wobble.

I have had this issue right from the 1st service and it has not been solved.They should have noticed the rim bend,may be it was deffective right from day one..who knows?its is negligence from TASC.So i am going to write an email to tata customer care regarding the same.High time i did this.
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 13:04   #863
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Arun-You got it fixed from city tyre care or tyre care?I went to city tyre care,ramnagar and they have done a decent job.However i was told that one of the front rims had taken a beating and is slightly bent in one place.That might be the reason for steering wobble.
Sam, I got it fixed from Tyre Care, Avinashi Rd. Hope City Tyre Care people solved the issues. If not, try to get an opinion from Tyre Care regarding the wobbling problem. I feel they will do a better job. If a running rim is bent, replace it with the spare tyre and check whether wobbling still persists.

Quote:
I have had this issue right from the 1st service and it has not been solved.
Was there any wheel alignment/balancing/rotation done during 1st service or after @ Autozone? Because even in my Vista, the wobbling and tyre noise issue started after their alignment, balancing and rotation.

Quote:
They should have noticed the rim bend,may be it was deffective right from day one..who knows?its is negligence from TASC.So i am going to write an email to tata customer care regarding the same.High time i did this.
Out of my experience, nowadays I see a slight drop-off in TML Customer Care's action towards the customer's complaints. Sometimes, even the regular TML feedback call after a service is missing.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:56   #864
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,349 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Indica Vista PETROL owners

I want to do a engine flush and add synthetic oil this time. Any idea, which is the recommended synthetic oil for Vista petrol?
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 18:23   #865
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 629
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Indica Vista PETROL owners

I want to do a engine flush and add synthetic oil this time. Any idea, which is the recommended synthetic oil for Vista petrol?

not sure which one is the recommended synthetic oil for Vista but a friend of mine used Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 in his Petrol Vista and has had no problems so far.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 14:22   #866
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 262
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

I tried to play a DVD-R on the Vista (2010 model) today. It simply refused to work.
Anyone tried this? Does it work?
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 18:11   #867
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 91
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Guys,

I have been facing problem with my Indica vista (quadra )clutch for some time now.

a) Its very smooth and light when I start the car and becomes very sluggish and hard after 10-15 kms.I have given it to the TASC and they do something and its ok for a few days and again the problem starts

b) Recently I had a big shock when I noticed that when I from 3rd to 4th,clutch got stuck in the middle(ie neither engaged nor free) .I had to use my toe to go under the clutch and get it out .When clutch was half on,the gear was not working.This has happened atleast 10 times in the last 2 months.However TASC is not willing to fix it as they say that they are not able to reproduce the problem when they drive

What should I do to fix/change the clutch/gearbox.

My car is still in extended warranty

Thanks
Hari.
hdi_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 18:39   #868
BHPian
 
rahul4640's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 464
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Indica Vista PETROL owners
I want to do a engine flush and add synthetic oil this time. Any idea, which is the recommended synthetic oil for Vista petrol?
Although I use a petrol car, it is an Indigo and not an Indica. And am really no expert here. But please allow me to add that there are lots of synthetic engine oils available in the market and almost all of them are good. But I have personally used Castrol edge (5W-40), which is cheaper than some other synthetic oils brands and am very much satisfied with it. In the month of June this year I purchased one 4 liter tin for Rs 3100/- in Calcutta.

If you are willing to get the best product available in the market, please go for Mobil1 (0W-40). One 4 liter can of it is now being quoted at Rs 4000/- in my locality.
Edit:- Forgot to add that with Mobil1 oils, Tata recommends an extended drain interval of 15000 KM.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 21st November 2011 at 18:47.
rahul4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 19:12   #869
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Problem cropped up - AC vent selector knob not working. (see attached image)

when I try to rotate the knob to redirect the air from HVAC unit - the knob simply makes noise and seems it is just slipping !!!!!
worried .. took to the TASC in Chennai (OMR checkpoint) - advisor says "SAAR your vent selector unit has gone ! Not covered in warranty. Need to replace and will cost approx 4000/-"

Has any one faced a similar problem ?

Details :
VISTA QJD AURA
July 2009
kms : 28400
warranty : 2+2 (extended)
Attached Images
 
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 11:41   #870
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 553
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Problem cropped up - AC vent selector knob not working. (see attached image)

when I try to rotate the knob to redirect the air from HVAC unit - the knob simply makes noise and seems it is just slipping !!!!!
worried .. took to the TASC in Chennai (OMR checkpoint) - advisor says "SAAR your vent selector unit has gone ! Not covered in warranty. Need to replace and will cost approx 4000/-"

Has any one faced a similar problem ?

Details :
VISTA QJD AURA
July 2009
kms : 28400
warranty : 2+2 (extended)
It might be case of bad plastic quality inside. There is cable attached to this unit from behind. When you rotate the switch the cable is also pulled. Just check whether that cable holder is in place or not. And the price quoted by dealer is too high. I do not see any reason to be priced over Rs.800 to 1000. Just check whether this part is available with Spare Parts shop.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Palio MJD - Known Problems Ice Technical Stuff 304 23rd October 2016 13:31
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks