Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th May 2012, 22:44   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

deepclutch - I had a similar issue, was worried it was a slipping clutch, but turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. I also asked them to set the idle rpm a bit higher than the default value (My house is in a very hilly area).

Do confirm if it really is a clogged fuel filter first. the QJD fuel filters are rather expensive (a few k compared to a few hundred for the TDI, but that means the mechs dont replace it that often, while I replace mine every oil change)

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th May 2012 at 22:45.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 07:04   #1007
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from dealer and from Tata's Pune number Yesterday, requested to get the Car today to Concorde,Ernakulam. Hope they will fix these problems.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 17:17   #1008
BHPian

And my car is back. Surprisingly the service centre took just 2 days to sort out everything, I was expecting 4 days hence was pleased. The fear of fuel leaking in the engine has disappeared. I also got Regular service + Oil Change + Oil Filter + Engine Flush for a total of 3.25K. For Engine flush I was charged 675, but then I was doing it for the 1st time that too after 44K on the odo.
The car is running fine now & I plan to take it for a 600 km whirl wind trip next week. Hope everything works fine. Will post pics/report hopefully next week.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 21:00   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Vista QJD- I routinely drive to Hilly routes near My place. recently, I face a issue. In Steepy Ghats, Car lacks the power.
It is, at low rpm, Vista struggles to climb hills in 2nd or 3rd gear. I already reported this to Concorde,Ernakulam whose SA's will take a plain test drive through National highway 47 and deems Car is fine. I asked to check Turbo, and they says Turbo is OK. I know, Turbo is not the reason since the power loss is at low rpms.

Any Clue what is preventing Car from lacking the torque in low rpms?

Another persistent problem is Wheel alignment goes off even after 1000-1500kms after fresh alignment. I am spending like Rs200 for Alignment every 2000kms.

this Car carries dreaded Goodyear GT3 tyres with the squealing sound when swerving at corners(which I already posted in this thread long back and yet not resolved). :(

Our Car is on Extended Warranty.(Bought on December 2009). I have already reported through this page:
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
Got My Car today 6.50PM from Concorde,Ernakulam.
The problem of less pick-up and mileage drop(I forgot to mention in first post) was because, the Air Filter was not cleaned and it was clogged with dark particles and it entered upto "Lines"(Fuel Line?)..
SA Explained: They cleaned Air Filter and Lines. then, connected Laptop and it showed no Errors.

But, on 11th December 2011, I gave this Car for 4th and last Free Service and changed to Synthetic Oil also.
But, They never cleaned Air Filter and such basic things during a free service.

Second issue of Alignment Frequently going off- SA Explained they changed Some Bush in Front Right side Wheel. According to Him, the Problem will not Repeat. Although, I am not convinced.

This is Appalling regarding they forgot to clean air filter. I hope it doesn't affect the Engine. I will go for a Engine treatment(Engine Flush) for next service. is it recommended?

Guys from Perumbavoor area, How is the Service of Concorde Perumbavoor branch?

Last edited by deepclutch : 14th May 2012 at 21:05.
Old 14th May 2012, 23:19   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post

This is Appalling regarding they forgot to clean air filter. I hope it doesn't affect the Engine. I will go for a Engine treatment(Engine Flush) for next service. is it recommended?
Most Tasc's Follow the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" approach, and I think with good reason

A flush? Why?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 23:30   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Most Tasc's Follow the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" approach, and I think with good reason

A flush? Why?
During 4th Free service, They recommended this.
Quote:
If an air filter were sufficiently dirty and damaged, it could allow harmful, abrasive contaminants into the combustion chamber.
I feel like going for engine flush after seeing today's Air Filter issue. may be a reconciliation?
Old 15th May 2012, 01:06   #1012
Senior - BHPian

er the would obviously recommend it since its a high margin value added service

If there were any contaminants that got in, the oil and the oil filter should have taken care of it. The flush just removes carbon buildup and all that. How many Km has your car done so far ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...il-change.html (New A.S.S SCAM - compulsory engine flush with oil change.)
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 20:37   #1013
BHPian

Friends need some advice regarding power loss in 3rd gear on my quadrajet
(First version).

Recently from last 2 months I feel a noticeable power loss in third gear. And it emits enormous black smoke in third. The car is going in for 50k service next month. What are the things I should consider in this power loss issue?

Air filter is stock and new. Done only 1000 km, but its seen as clean on inspection.

Then what else are to b e checked to identify the cause? Please help.
Anz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 12:16   #1014
BHPian

hi,

not sure if all had a chance to see this. Vistas in Hollywood movie!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ood-movie.html (Have you ever seen so many (Indica) Vistas in a Hollywood movie?)

cheers..
NFS-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 17:10   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
Recently from last 2 months I feel a noticeable power loss in third gear. And it emits enormous black smoke in third. The car is going in for 50k service next month. What are the things I should consider in this power loss issue?

Air filter is stock and new. Done only 1000 km, but its seen as clean on inspection.

Then what else are to b e checked to identify the cause?
Anz1979, do you feel the power loss after turbo kicks in? Check for any oil seepage in the inter-cooler pipe/hose and inlet hose of turbocharger. If so, I guess there might be some problem with the turbocharger.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 21:38   #1016
BHPian

@ Arun.K

Normally I start moving car after idling for nearly one minute. In 1st gear it has power. Second gear also I didn't feel much problem. But the pain is really the 3rd gear. When there is a total of four people, the problem escalates.
But yesterday on the last trip of around 272 km, we really suffered to drive in highway. Even if I pressed the accelerator to floor the car was not gaining the
expected momentum. I think turbo kicks in after 2k rpm. I felt the same power loss even at 1k rpm and after 2k rpm. Normally the car will easily reach 70 in 5th within 1800 rpm, that too without much strain and can do the overtaking without a down shift. But now the rpm goes up when we accelerate but we don't feel the power and the car won't attain speed.

I hope you understand the problem.
Anz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:30   #1017
BHPian

Hi all,

Recently I happened to see this in the engine room of my Quadrajet car. The pipe running near the case/ box that primarily houses the air filter element was "eaten-up". No, it was not a rat bite! A sharp edge protruding out of the box had digged into the pipe. When the engine is running this box vibrates and rubs with the pipe leading to whatever you see in the photo. I thought of sharing this so that you can have a look and take preventive measure.

I have the photos attached for reference. The encircled area gives you an idea of the location in the engine room. Hope this is of help to you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-macro.jpg  

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-micro.jpg  

NFS-II is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:53   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
@ Arun.K

Normally I start moving car after idling for nearly one minute. In 1st gear it has power. Second gear also I didn't feel much problem. But the pain is really the 3rd gear.
I had faced a similar problem a couple of years back. Possibly the conditions were different (in the sense not necessarily 4 people in the car or 3rd gear). But i used to have this power loss on slightly steep gradients. I had brought up this point at the service center. They had kept the car for a couple of days and checked the turbo and after that i have not faced the same problem again. Sorry don't remember the exact solution that they had done but i was not charged anything extra for it.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:36   #1019
BHPian

My woes with this car just dont seem to come to an end. Last Sunday I was shocked that the Fuel gauge was on E, in fact it just seemed to have fallen down. I got worried that there might have been a leak from the system but fortunately didn't find anything on the ground.
Took the car today morning to another TASS close to my house. They opened the job card, made me run around for 1 hour and then said that the electrician was not coming and hence it was not possible to do anything today (Grrrrrr)
On my way to off I went and met my old mechanic who told me that there is no requirement for an electrician for the job. He told me that the issue could be either with the wiring harness or with the float & that the TASS just needed to connect the car to the laptop and run the OBD codes. The SW would be able to tell if there was an issue with the float or with the wiring.

I am now planning to go to the TASS near my office whom I go to regular incidentally. Just wanted to know if any one has faced such an issue and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance!
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:11   #1020
BHPian

@Amitwlele

I have given the car for service and reported the issue. We went for a short drive and TASS adviser felt my point was valid as the car won't pull in 3r gear and also after reached 50km/h speed, it strained a lot or further acceleration.

Returned the car next day after service. Issue identified was the inter cooler intake pipe was blocked by a piece of cello tape that they had used to wrap certain wires near to it.

Now it is perfect. No issues.
Anz1979 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote