Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th October 2012, 13:08   #1051
BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

@KL54:

Thanks. Can you also send me a snap of the area after the repair was undertaken?
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 14:28   #1052
BHPian

Due to my surgery my poor Vista was left un attended for almost 2 weeks. Today I tried starting the car but to my utter dismay the battery seems to have gone kaput. The small display in the cluster is also not glowing which I feel is also due to run down battery. Also when I turn the key for starting.... Nothing.

What is your advice guys? Should I replace the battery? What Brand shall I get. Also what wud be the approx cost.

My battery is 4 yrs old and came with the new car
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 14:58   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Due to my surgery my poor Vista was left un attended for almost 2 weeks. Today I tried starting the car but to my utter dismay the battery seems to have gone kaput. The small display in the cluster is also not glowing which I feel is also due to run down battery. Also when I turn the key for starting.... Nothing.

What is your advice guys? Should I replace the battery? What Brand shall I get. Also what wud be the approx cost.

Amron last long very long . . That comes with a 4 year warranty as well . Would suggest jump start and run for around 50+ kms with the current dead battery wired and a spare battery in the boot , should start charging . How old is the car ??
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 15:38   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post

I had a similar situation. I jump started the vehicle and took the vehicle to a near by batteryvalla and checked the battery. The battery was out of charge and he told that a 24 hours charging would rectify the problem. and i did so. but the problem persisted , then in a future investigation the TASS found out that the culprit was Valueo alternator brush(black).

so before changing the battery check all the other equipments are all in place and working. try charging and reusing the battery (but only after an expert advise since yours is 4 yeras old)
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 13:00   #1055
BHPian

Called the Bat Mobile service today morning and they arrived within an hour. The person checked and told me that the 4 no. cell had gone week. He then jump started and voila the car started in a single crank.
Ran the car for a few kms and then parked it. However I am unsure if it will start again in the evening.
Can you please suggest what battery model I shud buy. The dealer suggested a 5.6K battery with a 18+6 months battery. 18 months full replacement + 25% discount on new one in the next 6 months. For old battery I m being offered 500Rs. Is this a good deal?
Old 19th October 2012, 17:47   #1056
Senior - BHPian

2 years seems rather low for an exide battery. Pay a bit more and get something with a longer (even if its pro rata) warranty.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 21:27   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
2 years seems rather low for an exide battery. Pay a bit more and get something with a longer (even if its pro rata) warranty.
I am not so much keen for a longer warranty since I dont intend to keep the car for more than a year. In fact dont even mind if its a year's warranty.

Also how's the service backup between Amaron and Exide? Which is better, especially in Mumbai.

Lastly please suggest which battery should I go for in case of both. Any specific model?
Old 19th October 2012, 22:13   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Default Vista screwing my happiness :-(

Every Friday I drive to Trichur from Trivandrum and on Sunday I drive back to Tvm. It's around 300 kms one side and my family will be with me. I always drive with ac on, but recently my cars ac just blows the sound but not the air. Earlier a short stop over a quick break with engine off resolved the issue and the blower will blow again. But when it rains I don't have an other option other than to roll the windows down, else I can't see any thing on road because of the condensed fog inside the passenger cabin.

Every time I go to TASS they clean the filter and the issue will be sorted. But after 150 kms of my week end trip the issue persists. Is there any quick solution that I can try DIY in between the road trip?

It's a 5 hour journey in descent speeds with breaks in between and the blower stops blowing air after 1.5 hrs of joinery. I normally drive in night to avoid traffic so showing the car in a work shop when problem starts is not possible, the other day morning the problem vanishes.

This week end iam planning to travel tomorrow early morning. I never had an AC issue in day time I drive on relatively low speeds in day time due to traffic. Does speed blocks the air to come in to the air inlet of the AC unit?

Mine is a 2011 Vista QJD Terra. Any help/tricks to revoke the blower in between is highly appreciated.

Do any other vista owners face the same problem? I am in the verge of looking out for an other car only because of this issue as it really blinds my vision on Rain.

To show this issue to a TASS , it never comes in day time:-(

Is that a known issue with vista?

My car is still under warranty cover can I change any parts to stop this issue?

Expert advise needed please.

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 19th October 2012 at 22:16. Reason: Few corrections
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 22:28   #1059
Senior - BHPian

not sure about amaron, but exide service - you know the batmobile is there, always
If you plan to sell it off soon, then don't bother

foby, you always keep the AC in recirculation mode right? then why does it matter if the inlet is blocked or not?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 23:21   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
not sure about amaron, but exide service - you know the batmobile is there, always
If you plan to sell it off soon, then don't bother

foby, you always keep the AC in recirculation mode right? then why does it matter if the inlet is blocked or not?
Yes I always keep it in recirculating mode. It seems that the blower and ac works but the air is not coming through any of the vents
Old 22nd October 2012, 09:12   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Vista screwing my happiness :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Every Friday I drive to Trichur from Trivandrum and on Sunday I drive back to Tvm. It's around 300 kms one side and my family will be with me. I always drive with ac on, but recently my cars ac just blows the sound but not the air. Earlier a short stop over a quick break with engine off resolved the issue and the blower will blow again. But when it rains I don't have an other option other than to roll the windows down, else I can't see any thing on road because of the condensed fog inside the passenger cabin.

Every time I go to TASS they clean the filter and the issue will be sorted. But after 150 kms of my week end trip the issue persists. Is there any quick solution that I can try DIY in between the road trip?

It's a 5 hour journey in descent speeds with breaks in between and the blower stops blowing air after 1.5 hrs of joinery. I normally drive in night to avoid traffic so showing the car in a work shop when problem starts is not possible, the other day morning the problem vanishes.

This week end iam planning to travel tomorrow early morning. I never had an AC issue in day time I drive on relatively low speeds in day time due to traffic. Does speed blocks the air to come in to the air inlet of the AC unit?

Mine is a 2011 Vista QJD Terra. Any help/tricks to revoke the blower in between is highly appreciated.

Do any other vista owners face the same problem? I am in the verge of looking out for an other car only because of this issue as it really blinds my vision on Rain.

To show this issue to a TASS , it never comes in day time:-(

Is that a known issue with vista?

My car is still under warranty cover can I change any parts to stop this issue?

Expert advise needed please.
Because of a quick nap which lasted long till saturday early in the morning I was not able to start to Thrissur by Friday night, I started Saturday early in the morning either.

Started by 6.30 AM and slowly the traffic was increasing in the morning. I was not able drive the vista in higher speed levels. THE ISSUE DID'T OCCUR on my trip to Thrissur. But while coming back i was driving comparitively slow till Kollam and the issue did't occour till kollam. but after Kollam I attained better speedlimits than before and the issue started,some what near from Kollam which resulted in the blower simply blowing the sound but not air. The last few kilometers(say 60 kms) the blower was not blowing the air but working also the AC was working. The air was in inside recirculation mode too. Any chance that the vent in side the cabin getting blocked ?
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:41   #1062
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because of a quick nap which lasted long till saturday early in the morning I was not able to start to Thrissur by Friday night, I started Saturday early in the morning either.

Started by 6.30 AM and slowly the traffic was increasing in the morning. I was not able drive the vista in higher speed levels. THE ISSUE DID'T OCCUR on my trip to Thrissur. But while coming back i was driving comparitively slow till Kollam and the issue did't occour till kollam. but after Kollam I attained better speedlimits than before and the issue started,some what near from Kollam which resulted in the blower simply blowing the sound but not air. The last few kilometers(say 60 kms) the blower was not blowing the air but working also the AC was working. The air was in inside recirculation mode too. Any chance that the vent in side the cabin getting blocked ?
I too facing similar problem since last 6 months.

TATA refuses to accept it is a design issue

The great minds at TATA think that by reducing the AC compressor capacity and redesigning the ac unit they can improve milage ( my assumption)

Because old Indica was having a 660 gm AC compressor

New indica is having 550 gm compressor

Vista which is a bigger car with more volume inside gets a 440 gm compressor with a new design for AC pipe and drain

There is mismatch between blower capacity and AC compressor. Because of this after an hour or two there will be lot of condensation in AC unit and no air will come, inspite of AC and blower working. It will happen only when the car is running for two/three hours continuously. Hence this could not be demonstrated to TASS.

Temporary solution is keep a watch on AC unit on highway, once the air speed reduces, switch off AC, keep blower on. Within ten minutes air speed will be normal.

Kindly check, dashboard which will be very cold. The great new design causes dash to be cool not the car inside
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:35   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

The great minds at TATA think that by reducing the AC compressor capacity and redesigning the ac unit they can improve milage ( my assumption)

Vista which is a bigger car with more volume inside gets a 440 gm compressor with a new design for AC pipe and drain

There is mismatch between blower capacity and AC compressor. Because of this after an hour or two there will be lot of condensation in AC unit and no air will come, inspite of AC and blower working. It will happen only when the car is running for two/three hours continuously. Hence this could not be demonstrated to TASS.

Temporary solution is keep a watch on AC unit on highway, once the air speed reduces, switch off AC, keep blower on. Within ten minutes air speed will be normal.

Kindly check, dashboard which will be very cold. The great new design causes dash to be cool not the car inside
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

If it is the case thats a Hazard to the people who travel in TATA cars. What do we do if we are driving the car in heavy rain in middle of the rain ?

i have experienced the situation many times.

In rain to drive the car with blower running and AC off with all the windows rolled up also loaded with 4 passengers is defnitely causing inside condensation of mist on all the windows so that we can not drive. The only solution is to stop the vehicle wait for the AC condensation to get down and continue OR drive the car with windows slightly rolled down in rain assuming the inside mist will go and the AC condensation will calm with in 10 to 15 minutes.

As you said the even I felt the Dash board will be cooler at times before this occour.

I really wonder how taxi/cab wallas are dealing with this issue ?

For me it used to take around 30 minutes to get rid of this if the issue occours.

Mine is a is 2011 Indica Vista terra refresh , Does the very new Vista or any other variants of Vista QJD (manaza etc etc) face the same issue.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:50   #1064
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

If it is the case thats a Hazard to the people who travel in TATA cars. What do we do if we are driving the car in heavy rain in middle of the rain ?

i have experienced the situation many times.

In rain to drive the car with blower running and AC off with all the windows rolled up also loaded with 4 passengers is defnitely causing inside condensation of mist on all the windows so that we can not drive. The only solution is to stop the vehicle wait for the AC condensation to get down and continue OR drive the car with windows slightly rolled down in rain assuming the inside mist will go and the AC condensation will calm with in 10 to 15 minutes.

As you said the even I felt the Dash board will be cooler at times before this occour.

I really wonder how taxi/cab wallas are dealing with this issue ?

For me it used to take around 30 minutes to get rid of this if the issue occours.

Mine is a is 2011 Indica Vista terra refresh , Does the very new Vista or any other variants of Vista QJD (manaza etc etc) face the same issue.
MIne is Oct 2008 model Aura.

I have never faced the problem in the first 3 years. The the problem is AC water seeps in to cabin. TASS did some thing. that problem stopped and this started.

Of course i have never traveled for long in rains. I have faced this problem when out side temperature 's were 44-45 degree centigrade. Once i have realised the issue, i stop AC for every 2 hours for few min to tide over this

For rainy season i got rain/door wiser's installed so that i can keep window open little
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:57   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

I too face similar problem when I have AC on for two to three hours. When problem occurs I just switch off blower and AC for half an hour and it starts working again.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote