Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th October 2012, 20:22   #1066
BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

This is not exactly a problem but then I always strive to keep my car looking as good as possible. One thing that has been irritating me since quite some time are the AC vents, which have become dis-colored. I have attached a pic to show how it looks.

What should be the possible solution? Does it have to be replaced or a simple polish job would do the trick?
Attached Images

Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 19:53   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am planning on picking up a single owner 2009 Dec Vista aura done about 28K kms. Pls advice key points I should watch out for. This is my first diesel and first TaTa
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 12:48   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys I am planning on picking up a single owner 2009 Dec Vista aura done about 28K kms. Pls advice key points I should watch out for. This is my first diesel and first TaTa
Hi narayan, check for the grumbling noise from the gear box, TASC guys term it as gear box marching noise. They say it happens in very few Vistas and cannot be stopped and itís normal. My 2009 Vista has this noise and our 2008 Vista does not have. The noise is bit annoying. Is the Vista you are looking is a DT4 model?

Friends, for sometime, I was hearing an occasional weird noise from the front both while idling and running in my Vista QJD. It gets stopped all of a sudden, so I could not spot on problem. Recently the noise was continuous and found that it was from the vibrating air filter assembly. TASC guys say it was because of the loosened rubber bushes. They have used some rounds of insulation tape around the bushes as it was of press & lock type and fixed the problem. It seems like the rubber bushes cannot be replaced separately and the entire assembly needs to be changed. Does anybody had this problem and got it fixed?

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-af3.jpg

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-af4.jpg

Also, I asked them to top-up the engine oil as my Vista has done 5100KMs since oil change and do a general checkup. Moreover oil level was around 3/4th of the level on the dip stick. TASC guys topped up with 500ML and the level is slightly above high mark. Is it okay to maintain oil above high mark? Is it a normal consumption after 5000KMs? My vista has totally done 33500KMs.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 12:52   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Hi narayan, check for the grumbling noise from the gear box, TASC guys term it as gear box marching noise. They say it happens in very few Vistas and cannot be stopped and itís normal. My 2009 Vista has this noise and our 2008 Vista does not have. The noise is bit annoying. Is the Vista you are looking is a DT4 model?
Thanks Arun. Its a Quadrajet model. Am not sure what you meant by DT4 ?
Old 26th November 2012, 13:02   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun. Its a Quadrajet model. Am not sure what you meant by DT4 ?
DT4 - Drivetech4. There was some tweaking done to the gear box for more smoothness and was called as DT4.
Old 26th November 2012, 13:37   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
DT4 - Drivetech4. There was some tweaking done to the gear box for more smoothness and was called as DT4.

Arun
where can i check this ? I dint see any markings externally
Old 26th November 2012, 14:41   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Arun
where can i check this ? I dint see any markings externally
There will be a DT4 badging on the hatchback. It will be below "Vista" badge. I don't remember the month and year it was launched. I was told that there is no such noise in DT4 models.
Old 26th November 2012, 14:43   #1073
Senior - BHPian

how do we adjust the time in the meter console ?

have any one done this ?

mine is a 2010 Vista QJD with drive tech gears
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 15:21   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
how do we adjust the time in the meter console ?

have any one done this ?

mine is a 2010 Vista QJD with drive tech gears
I think the way to set should be the same as 2009 model. If so,

1. When the display is normal in clock mode, press the left switch for few seconds, the hour digits starts blinking.
2. Now press and release the right switch repeatedly to increment the number.
3. After setting the hour and for changing the minute, press and release the left switch once (pressing and releasing left switch once toggles between hours and minutes). The minute digits starts blinking.
4. Same as step 2 press the right switch to increment the number.
5. After setting leave both the switches untouched. After a few seconds the display will turn to normal mode with Clock and Odometer.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 11:59   #1075
BHPian

Hi,

My Quadra jet (cloaked 53k) had an issue of enormous black smoke emission along with loss in power and smoothness (reported earlier in this thread). The same was solved by TA$$ on 50k service and stated that it was due to a piece of adhesive tape stuck in the inlet of intercooler. After that it was feeling better and smoother to drive. After the service I rarely drive the car except for short trips to Kollam from Trivandrum.

Recently on a 250 km trip, I noticed the same issues popping up again. It was not accelerating appropriately with the tap of accelerator. Felt less power. Take more time to reach 60 and anything after 55-60 make car rough. The brakes also played their part this time. They are not behaving well even though the pads are new (changed that during 50K service). The stopping distance increased. This makes the trip a nightmare.

After reaching home, on a close inspection inside the engine bay, I have seen some leak from certain area. The images are attached here with. Could you please tell me what that pipes are? Are they associated with Turbo? Does this leak will affect brake?
Attached Images

Anz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 12:14   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
Hi,

My Quadra jet (cloaked 53k) had an issue of enormous black smoke emission along with loss in power and smoothness (reported earlier in this thread). The same was solved by TA$$ on 50k service and stated that it was due to a piece of adhesive tape stuck in the inlet of intercooler. After that it was feeling better and smoother to drive. After the service I rarely drive the car except for short trips to Kollam from Trivandrum.

Recently on a 250 km trip, I noticed the same issues popping up again. It was not accelerating appropriately with the tap of accelerator. Felt less power. Take more time to reach 60 and anything after 55-60 make car rough. The brakes also played their part this time. They are not behaving well even though the pads are new (changed that during 50K service). The stopping distance increased. This makes the trip a nightmare.

After reaching home, on a close inspection inside the engine bay, I have seen some leak from certain area. The images are attached here with. Could you please tell me what that pipes are? Are they associated with Turbo? Does this leak will affect brake?
Where did you do the 50k service ?
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 14:23   #1077
BHPian

@foby
Kulathunkal Motors,Inchakkal, Trivandrum.

They are the dealers too. Till date all works were done by them.
Anz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 14:54   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Anz1979, the leak seems to be at the same place as it was in my Vista. Have look at my earlier post (Indica Vista - list of Known problems). TASC people fixed the leak by tightening the clamp and told there is no problem with the Turbo. After the fix, I could feel an improvement in power. I think the brake doesn't have any connection with the leak.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:00   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My Quadra jet (cloaked 53k) had an issue of enormous black smoke emission along with loss in power and smoothness (reported earlier in this thread). y are not behaving well even thhere with. Could you please tell me what that pipes are? Are they associated with Turbo? Does this leak will affect brake?
There is leak at the inlet of turbo. Though it should not affect performance but definitely would damage your turbo. As turbo will suck air from leak as well, which means dust will be in line. Also check for similar leak at intercooler. Vista's intercooler is prone to damage.

Turbo line problem and braking is nowhere related. Your brake pads might have worn out. Get it checked.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 17:54   #1080
BHPian

My Vista is nearing the 50K mark and the TASS informed me that the timing belt needs to be changed at 60K. There are quite a few cars over here which have crossed this mark. Queries:
1. Does the timing thing need to be changed at 60K?
2. How much time, money and effort goes into this job? The TASS guys have quoted close to 10K for the job
3. Also does this need to be done at TASS or can I done it from my neighborhood garage.

BTW my car has just completed 4 years and hence out of warranty.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote