Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th April 2014, 17:13   #1276
BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
A special tool is used to remove the stuck/broken glow plug.
There are people who do the work on-site ie. they come to the workshop and remove the glow-plug for Rs.1000~1500.
9/10 times, there is no need to remove the head.

If the head is removed then make sure the head gasket,injector copper seals,exhaust gasket etc is replaced and the bolts torqued properly.
Thank you for the Valuable suggestion! I saw a video on Youtube that showed the removal of glow plug (from some other vehicle but the base principle is the same). If the workshop does not have a contact to get a person on Site, do you have any so that i can recommend to them! If the Head is not removed, saves a lot of cost and it also safeguards me from future niggles!

Last edited by jasonbourne : 14th April 2014 at 17:15. Reason: Grammer
jasonbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 20:14   #1277
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indica Vista - Strange Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
Dear RKG,

I own Vista Saffire petrol 2009 Make and have the same issue. Vehicle was shown to the Shreeji Automobiles TASC at Surat they said noise is from compressor and compreesor costs Rs. 14000/-. I also took opinion from local AC mechanic he said it comes due to compressor clutch but TASC does not replace clutch they replace complete compressor.

He also doubted that it may be due to belt pulley which connects compressor and engine. I have not got the work done yet but yes noise does come from compressor. Compresssor is same BEHR make.
My AC issue was solved. It was not due to compressor/clutch.
TASS has forgot to put two bolts which facten the compressor to engine. there three bolts. they have just put only one bolt. because of this compressor is vibrating. local AC mechanic has noticed this when he tried to change clutch.

Now a days TATA use Subors not Behr. and Behr is not available. But subros new compressor for Vista is 9K in bangalore outside TASS from dealer. Only clutch is 4450/
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 18:56   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
hi, has anybody tried to replace the headlamps of Indica Vista (pre-sedan class version, without the Manza like headlamps and grille) as a DIY? I want to replace the stock Osrams with Philips XV 55 that I've sourced already.

I've always been a bit disappointed with the design of the headlamp assembly on the accessibility side in this version (not sure how it is in the Manza spec lamps). its impossible to reach the low-beam holder with the headlamp assy in place. So it must be removed.

I tried this for almost an hour yesterday, removing all the visible bolts (including the one at the bottom deep in the engine bay besides the radiator. But the bottom of the assy seems to have some notch locked in the inside of the bumper. Do we have to also remove the bumper to take out the headlamps?
Any guidance would be welcome.

As one of the most vital parts of a car, the low-beam bulb socket should be very accessible so that people can replace them on their own in emergencies - like bulb going kaput during a drive at night on highways.
Sorry I could not respond earlier.
The bulbs can be changed without removing the front bumper. The high beam bulbs can be removed after the plastic cap from behind the light is removed. It is a bit cramped but possible.
The low beams are a bit difficult, the LH one especially. However, the guys at the service center removed the fuse box cover and were able to change the bulb.
So try this and see if it works unless you have already changed them.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 18:58   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Sorry I could not respond earlier.
The bulbs can be changed without removing the front bumper. The high beam bulbs can be removed after the plastic cap from behind the light is removed. It is a bit cramped but possible.
The low beams are a bit difficult, the LH one especially. However, the guys at the service center removed the fuse box cover and were able to change the bulb.
So try this and see if it works unless you have already changed them.
Thanks bigben, already replaced. High beams yes, are accessible. But the low beams are practically impossible to reach for us as general users, without all the garage tool set.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 19:03   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks bigben, already replaced. High beams yes, are accessible. But the low beams are practically impossible to reach for us as general users, without all the garage tool set.
Did you observe how it was done? Was the bumper removed?
Old 25th April 2014, 20:04   #1281
Senior - BHPian

No the car was taken to an area not visible from waiting lounge so I couldn't see what they did. The SA said that the bumper was removed when I asked. Although, these days, these words can't be trusted. From experience I believe that these folk generally never tell the truth. So We can assume the bumper was not removed .
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 20:22   #1282
BHPian

I dont think they would have removed the bumper.
When I took mine in, the guy working on my car promptly opened the bonnet, removed the cap on the fuse box on the left hand side and within 10 minutes the job was done.
Old 26th April 2014, 06:32   #1283
BHPian

Am off to get my front suspension changed today. It has lasted me 4 years and 65k km. While the suspension still works, and irons out big bumps I have noticed that the shocks don't work on the smaller bumps and the ride has become a bit bumpy.
Besides I have also noticed abnormal tyre wear on the outer edge of the front LH tyre. Don't want to take any risks so getting them changed.

To the other users here - how long did your suspension last?
Old 26th April 2014, 10:19   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Am off to get my front suspension changed today. It has lasted me 4 years and 65k km.
To the other users here - how long did your suspension last?
My Vista is now 5 years & 51000 Kms Old, but the suspensions are still fine I feel. However I will get those checked on my next visit to TASS.

What is the cost of changing the front suspensions? Have you got a quote?
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 13:19   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My Vista is now 5 years & 51000 Kms Old, but the suspensions are still fine I feel. However I will get those checked on my next visit to TASS.

What is the cost of changing the front suspensions? Have you got a quote?
The estimate I have been given is 18k. This includes the suspension, tie rods, and rubber bushes.
The problem was with the uneven tyre wear although the shocks are still working. But I am still getting them changed.
Not bad after 4 and a half years.
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:17   #1286
Senior - BHPian

What is the approximate price of a starter motor of Vista? My SA has suggested me to either replace it or repair it. I wish to replace it since the odo reading is 52,000 KMs.

Can someone please help?
Old 4th May 2014, 11:32   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
What is the approximate price of a starter motor of Vista?
Ajay, starter motor (Bosch) of QJD costs around Rs. 6270/- + Rs. 910 tax + Rs. 200/- labour. It was changed for my Vista under extended warranty at 27300 KMs in 2012. I'm not sure whether it's the same motor for Vista 65.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 12:51   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
What is the approximate price of a starter motor of Vista? My SA has suggested me to either replace it or repair it. I wish to replace it since the odo reading is 52,000 KMs.

Can someone please help?
Does extended warranty cover electronic parts as well? Just getting it clarified as I've still got 11 months Ext warranty on my QJD Vista. TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Ajay, starter motor (Bosch) of QJD costs around Rs. 6270/- + Rs. 910 tax + Rs. 200/- labour. It was changed for my Vista under extended warranty at 27300 KMs in 2012. I'm not sure whether it's the same motor for Vista 65.
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 13:16   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Does extended warranty cover electronic parts as well? Just getting it clarified as I've still got 11 months Ext warranty on my QJD Vista.
Yes, most of the sensors are covered under extended warranty. Have a look here.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 22:44   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Ajay, starter motor (Bosch) of QJD costs around Rs. 6270/- + Rs. 910 tax + Rs. 200/- labour.
Thanks. The price did come out to be very near to what you've mentioned. Mine is now out of warranty, so I had to pay for it. I also had to replace clutch plate. Both issues were kind of expected after 52000 kms on the odo, but when was not known. Anyways, I did not mind doing these repairs after 5 years and 52000 kms of smooth running.