Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th June 2013, 17:31   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Car battery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
Saket

I cannot thank you enough for repeatedly helping me out for my little nagging problems.

Regards,

ElDiablo
No issues eldiablo! Its the reason we all are here- to share knowledge & to help grow the community with our common interest! I am glad that my posts came as some help to you.

My best regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 12:01   #32

Hello All,
My car battery, Exide Freedom gave me about 3.5 years and all of a sudden the car refuses to crank. I saw that acid has been oozing out of the battery and even tough I have got it cleaned and checked at each service none of the ASC's asked me to get the battery replaced.

I was wondering if anyone has been having a similar issue and what was the conclusion around the same. Do we replace the battery as the acid is no longer contained? Or is there an alternate. The amp measured still shows 12.35. Thanks in advance to this group for ideas and solutions.

Regards
rishibhammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 14:34   #33

Hello All,
My car battery, Exide Freedom gave me about 3.5 years and all of a sudden the car refuses to crank. I saw that acid has been oozing out of the battery and even tough I have got it cleaned and checked at each service none of the ASC's asked me to get the battery replaced.

I was wondering if anyone has been having a similar issue and what was the conclusion around the same. Do we replace the battery as the acid is no longer contained? Or is there an alternate. The amp measured still shows 12.35. Thanks in advance to this group for ideas and solutions.

Regards
rishibhammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 14:04   #34

Angry Re: Car battery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibhammar View Post
Hello All,
..... I saw that acid has been oozing out of the battery... ...I was wondering if anyone has been having a similar issue and what was the conclusion around the same.....
Think you have the same problem as mine ( in the picture)

Just noticed two days back when I took my ride for a wash. Sir, I too don't know what the problem is. Was looking everywhere "Under the Hood" but have no clear answers. BHPians, do direct us (myself & rishabhammar) or anyone else having the same problem to a proper thread regarding this issue.

The car is starting well (anytime). But at times, I feel a slight flicker in the headlights when I hit PASS (low to high or vice versa). This is not a frequent issue. But, I am noticing it once in 1000 & odd PASSes. Please don't ask why I am giving lot of PASS, I frequently do highways at night. My question is, is there any problem with the battery? Do I need to replace? Or is there any other simpler solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Car battery!-cgb4.jpg  

cgbalaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 15:32   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbalaji View Post
Think you have the same problem as mine ( in the picture)

Just noticed two days back when I took my ride for a wash. Sir, I too don't know what the problem is. Was looking everywhere "Under the Hood" but have no clear answers. BHPians, do direct us (myself & rishabhammar) or anyone else having the same problem to a proper thread regarding this issue.
Thank you Mr. Balaji. In my case the battery has just died so I think it would be good for you to take yours to an authorized battery service center. I am not sure if the car ASC will be useful. From some of the other threads I understand that if the issue is caught in time you may get more life out of your battery.

In my case there is no choice left but to replace the battery. i took it to an Exide service center and they are now claiming that two of the cells are damaged and there is no life left. They recommend that I replace the battery and offer no other advice. :-(

Sorry I am of not much help but it would help if you get your battery serviced once.
rishibhammar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote