Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th April 2013, 18:00   #541
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries

Long time and no Sierra updates!

This year will be 4 years for mine and am thinking of selling it.

Not had any issues but was debating wether I should upgrade or spend one more money on it
Saptarshi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 19:11   #542
BANNED

Cool Re: Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
Long time and no Sierra updates!

This year will be 4 years for mine and am thinking of selling it.

Not had any issues but was debating wether I should upgrade or spend one more money on it
Saptarshi - are you serious or just creating some steam..since the thread's been cold and dry for some time..
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 22:08   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Saptarshi - are you serious or just creating some steam..since the thread's been cold and dry for some time..
Well I did put my Sierra on the forum for sale ( though didn't get time to show the vehicle to all the people who called as I was traveling)

Spoke to Doc Kamat and he is advising me to keep it. I can do with the money though !
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:09   #544
BHPian

i have been looking for a sierra turbo long time and now have come across one. Its a 99model 3rd owner and the condition is good. Checked on the turbo its working but not sure if its up to the mark though. Work to be done are
change all tires, interior complete, AC and fix the leaking power steering hose.
what is the ideal price for this vehicle ? and yes its a KA registered vehicle with fancy number .
TwinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 22:35   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinHead View Post
i have been looking for a sierra turbo long time and now have come across one. Its a 99model 3rd owner and the condition is good. Checked on the turbo its working but not sure if its up to the mark though. Work to be done are
change all tires, interior complete, AC and fix the leaking power steering hose.
what is the ideal price for this vehicle ? and yes its a KA registered vehicle with fancy number .
If in doubt of the turbo then suggest you stay away!
Old 27th April 2013, 07:37   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the rest of the vehicle is good, then why not look at sourcing a replacement turbo ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 17:02   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If the rest of the vehicle is good, then why not look at sourcing a replacement turbo ?
Have some upgrades to be done on my existing vehicles so have to let this go, if anyone interested let me know i will get you guys the detail, last when i spoke he was ready for 80K but am sure he might reduce more.
TwinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:19   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just that it might be a better idea to start with a vehicle that is mechanically up to the mark. Unless of course the idea is to have a project vehicle

I paid 10-15 K more than the going rate but have hardly sent the Sierra to the workshop other than body work

And going by the various Sierra stories I have a decent deal

btw Anyone knows whats Jaydeeps replqacement ride now that he sold off his Turbo ? Dr kamat ?
Old 13th May 2013, 15:12   #549
BHPian

Guys,
Please help. Need just 2 more things to get my beast done & happening. Attached is the image of the combination switch which has been fried. Need a place where i can get this or anybody who has it & is selling. Also, Need Hand Brake kit (excluding the floor lever) or an alternative for it. Please help. Does any other vehicle's parts fit in? Please share some ideas / work-arounds for this.

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-sierracombinationswitch1.jpg

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-sierracombinationswitch2.jpg

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-sierracombinationswitch3.jpg
digitalblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 09:22   #550
BHPian

That is the combi switch from the TCIC Safari was available at TASS for Rs. 425 .
As for the hand brake the new cables are not available and the sumo ones do not fit your best bet is to try the ones from the 207.
please post pics of the hand brake and what exactly is needed i can try to get these things second hand from a contact in the scrap market,we will work out the shipping part as and when these items are procured.
sierrakamat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 12:37   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
That is the combi switch from the TCIC Safari was available at TASS for Rs. 425 .
As for the hand brake the new cables are not available and the sumo ones do not fit your best bet is to try the ones from the 207.
please post pics of the hand brake and what exactly is needed i can try to get these things second hand from a contact in the scrap market,we will work out the shipping part as and when these items are procured.
Does this mean that a TCIC Safari switch will do the trick? Will check that one too.
And sure, Will get the hand-brake pics by tomorrow. Have to ramp-up the beast and capture pics. Got another lead form a friend in JC Road who claims to have a few spares for Sierra. Will check it out today noon & share my feedback here.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:42   #552
BHPian

Feedback: General Auto Spares - JC Road, Bangalore: Had been to the place. Though he has quite a few spares for the engine & stuff, Almost none for the cosmetics. That leaves the switch to be unavailable. :( And yes! I got the bonnet logo!!!
Old 16th May 2013, 11:07   #553
BHPian

Need help!
Please, anybody who could get a pic of the handbrake below the floor. Shop-keepers are asking for sample and i dont have the unit in my car. Please, somebody share a reference pic pleaseeeeeeeee
Old 21st May 2013, 15:40   #554
BHPian

Please help people... Am desperately looking for this :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalblood View Post
Guys,
Please help. Need just 2 more things to get my beast done & happening. Attached is the image of the combination switch which has been fried. Need a place where i can get this or anybody who has it & is selling. Also, Need Hand Brake kit (excluding the floor lever) or an alternative for it. Please help. Does any other vehicle's parts fit in? Please share some ideas / work-arounds for this.

Attachment 1083036

Attachment 1083037

Attachment 1083038
Old 15th August 2013, 13:11   #555
BHPian

Did any one try to change the final ratio of NA sierra.I think the stock is 4.55.Is the MM crown and pinion will be a direct fit?.If so then can be changed it to 4.27?Any disadvantages?
Abin
dracul is offline   Reply With Quote