Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th March 2009, 13:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
The service advisor told me that it is normal since when it goes to fresh air mode, the air has to pass through the filter, whereas in recycle mode it directly takes the air from inside the car. Is it correct?
That could be correct. I'm not familiar with the Getz' arrangements.
I do find it a little strange that the filter is used only during fresh air mode.

If it is as the service advisor says, it seems unlikely that you will see any improvement in the AC performance. Was the fresh air flap checked to ensure it closes fully?

Last edited by anupmathur : 4th March 2009 at 13:22.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Was the fresh air flap checked to ensure it closes fully?
Yes, they verified that it closes fully.
K a s h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:10   #18
BHPian

[FONT='Times New Roman']I donít think there is any serious problem with the AC. I would suggest you switch on the AC and roll down the front windows for 5 mins. Keep the AC in fresh air mode and blower at high speed. This will help to reduce the cabin temperature. Besides, please check the AC gas level. There is a good local AC mechanic near Ganga Nagar circle (main road), next to HMT corporate office.[/FONT]

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2009 at 17:32. Reason: Font tags
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 18:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
I donít think there is any serious problem with the AC. I would suggest you switch on the AC and roll down the front windows for 5 mins. Keep the AC in fresh air mode and blower at high speed. This will help to reduce the cabin temperature.
I wonder what makes you think that. I have tried all known tricks to cool my cabin temperature. All the techniques work only when u have some cooling effect with the AC. I have been drenched with sweat even after driving for 20 mins with windows open, and then swithing on A/C and closing the windows. Finally I had to give up and switch off my A/C and open all windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Besides, please check the AC gas level. There is a good local AC mechanic near Ganga Nagar circle (main road), next to HMT corporate office.
Thanks, I still have not tested if the A/C is working properly in the hot sun. Will do so if needed. The service manager assured me that there is no leakage. He opened a small knob in the engine bay using a screw driver and some gas/liquid whooshed out with pressure . He closed it and said there is enough gas. Dont know if this is the correct way to check the gas level for A/C.
Old 4th March 2009, 18:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He opened a small knob in the engine bay using a screw driver and some gas/liquid whooshed out with pressure . He closed it and said there is enough gas. Dont know if this is the correct way to check the gas level for A/C.
That is most certainly not the way to check for optimum charge!

For a quick check, there is usually a small sight-glass in which liquid flow can be seen. A proper check needs the charging station to be connected to the car AC.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 09:10   #21
BHPian

Smile A/C is working now

I have tested the A/C after parking it in hot sun for 2 hours. The A/C is back in business . Looks like there was indeed some loose connection in the fuse box.

However, i have observed that when crossing through some places where they burn trash, im able to smell the smoke inside the car even when the air is set to recycle mode. So there is still some issue with closing the fresh air supply route. I removed the plastic casing under the wiper blades / windshield to access this vent from outside the car and used my vaccum cleaner to suck some leaves and small twigs out. Also put a wire mesh to prevent any thing getting into this hole in future. Still to test if this has solved the issue.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:19   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I removed the plastic casing under the wiper blades / windshield to access this vent from outside the car and used my vaccum cleaner to suck some leaves and small twigs out. Also put a wire mesh to prevent any thing getting into this hole in future
What you can do is not to use the recirc mode. If you need fresh air inside your vehicle, just lower all four windows for a minute when your driving. This will save you a lot of trouble as you won't have leaves and twigs enter your AC system thru the vents outside.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 16:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Getz Air Conditioning Improvement

AC air direction knob (to choose between top, down, top+down etc) in my getz is stuck. Has anyone faced the same issue? It is difficult to manage with the hot summer as air comes only from the down position. I intend to visit service center next week.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 10:03   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Getz Air Conditioning Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
AC air direction knob (to choose between top, down, top+down etc) in my getz is stuck. Has anyone faced the same issue? It is difficult to manage with the hot summer as air comes only from the down position. I intend to visit service center next week.
Hi - did you get this problem sorted? I've the same problem in my 2005 Getz. Fortunately, it's now in the face/chest position, so its not a problem.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote