Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th December 2014, 16:06   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Symptoms of tyre puncture in tubeless tyres

Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
The moment I stepped out, I saw that the front right side had a flat tyre, What then came as a shocker was that there was a small cut in the tyre(not on the side wall), probably 2-3 mm and when he checked for nails, there were only small glass fragments that popped out.

If a glass piece can cause this, then driving over shattered window glasses, that we often see on roads is also a cause of worry? or is it not? Please advice.
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
It was a early morning drive, no broken glasses anywhere but couple of construction sites that I drove over, thinking I may
You are getting too worried buddy.

The glass piece unless to sharp can't cut through the tyre that easily. You must have driven over some metal piece (run over from the construction site) which would have made the cut. Nothing much to worry.

a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 09:37   #47
Default Re: Symptoms of tyre puncture in tubeless tyres

I Bought the Michelin Pilot Street tyre about 2 months ago and had my first puncture yesterday, to my surprise it was like 4 inch nail which had pierced inside! Repaired it yesterday and today morning the air was all out again. Took it to the tyre shop and he said that the Nail has hit the tyre beading and it is damaged. The guy suggested to either get a tube or get a patch done for about 800 rupees. I don't want to put the tube on this particular tyre because this is one of the best tyre that money can buy for my Pulsar 200 NS. Any suggestions what should I do ??

Last edited by Eddy : 14th June 2016 at 19:52. Reason: NS = Pulsar 200NS for better clarity
mohammedismail is offline   Reply With Quote