Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 1st April 2009, 00:29   #1
BHPian

Default Which Central Locking with keyless entry and remote boot opener

Hi guys I know there are multiple threads about car security systems but I have a specific requirement apart from the regular security features and keyless entry. That requirement would be remote boot opener. I have an ALTO Lxi so everytime I go to a mall or enter my office building I need to take out the key and give it to the security guard there so that they can check the boot of the car. I'm looking for an end to that practice. But I also have a budget constraint so I'm looking for something between 2.5K - 3.5K at the max.

Guys suggestions please.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:59   #2
BHPian

I was told by a local dealer that there is no Car Security / Central Locking solution available which comes with boot open feature hence I settled for Xenos Central Locking for the ALTO (he is asking 3.2K for the base model). I wanted to know if 3.2K was correct price for Xenos base model or not?

Further if anyone can help with the boot release feature please provide your inputs in the following thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...open-alto.html
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

what you mean by boot open feature ?
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
what you mean by boot open feature ?
It means exactly that, a feature which allows the user to remotely open the boot instead of physically going to the boot, unlocking it with a key and then popping it open.

I am assuming that his car does not have the lever to open the boot which most of the cars have.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

i think alto comes with a boot lid liver, if this is what @sabret00the wants then it is not available with any central locking system
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Two things - firstly I hear that most of the OEM systems are manufactured by a popular after market vendor. So reliability will be about the same.

Remote boot opener will be easier (and cheaper) to implement in cars which have a remote boot release which is electronic and not manual. The latter will entail the installation of a solenoid, etc.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:18   #7
BHPian

Check this out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1278512
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote