Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th April 2009, 17:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

this happen when the fuel filter is choke or is not properly draining the petrol.

the car starts with the petrol in the pipe from the filter till the carburator and when the petrol in the pipe burns it goes off and when the filter fills the pipe it starts again.

hope you get me
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 17:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
this happen when the fuel filter is choke or is not properly draining the petrol.

the car starts with the petrol in the pipe from the filter till the carburator and when the petrol in the pipe burns it goes off and when the filter fills the pipe it starts again.

hope you get me
yeah i understood.so basically need to get the fuel filter checked and replaced if need be.will get that done soon.

rev
revtech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 09:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

I still haven't got the fuse replaced till now. One thing I noticed is that now the fan is on for about 30 odd mins after the engine is shut down and the key removed from the car.

I guess this is something serious. Am I right?

What would be the approximate cost of the fuse? what is that fuse called?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 10:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I still haven't got the fuse replaced till now. One thing I noticed is that now the fan is on for about 30 odd mins after the engine is shut down and the key removed from the car.
Sounds like the radiator and the AC condenser are badly choked with dust/dirt. Get them hosed with medium pressure.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 10:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

As most of you know that I drive a 2005 registered Zen Lxi. I am facing this weird problem with regards to the A/C. Despite it being at full speed of the blower, its not cooling enough. What could be the reason?

Secondly, Of late I have been noticing that the fan of the car in the engine compartment is still on after I come from a short trip for about 10-15 mins min even after I switch off the engine and take the keys out.

I find this strange and am sure something is wrong but no signs in the dials/speedometer.
Amtak,

I had the exact same problem with my 2006 Zen VXi. The two problems are related to each other. Your AC refrigerant is low. So the compressor heats up, as it is running continuously to cool the cabin. Due to this the engine overheats and trips the thermostat. Even when you turn off the ignition, power is still on the electric radiator fan. So it keeps running for 5-10 minutes to cool the engine.

Do the following:

1. Check the AC refrigerant level and top it up. This will solve your cooling problem.
2. Check the engine coolant level and top it up.
3. Get your radiators washed with pressure water spray. Clogged radiator fins also cause the engine to overheat.

The above solved my problem, so it should work for you too.
newcoolgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 12:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now the fan is on for about 30 odd mins after the engine is shut down and the key removed from the car.
30 mins is really odd why don't you take your car to the nearest MASS and get it checked.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 23:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

hi! My car just returned from the mass. The problem wasn't detected by them! I'll do what i have been advised to do. Will keep you all posted.

Dear moderators, sorry if the post is not formatted. Posting this message from my cell phone.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote