Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd April 2009, 13:10   #1
BHPian

Default Stange noise from under the Bonnet in Alto

Hello Folks,

Yesterday after i parked my Alto, incidentally i got out of my Car with the engine running. Suddenly, some strange noise started coming from the engine Section under the Bonnet, like a Blower blowing Air at high speed.
This noise comes apart from the noise of the Car Engine when idle. After some time, say under a Minute, it stopped. I switched off the Engine.

I then opened the Bonnet and switched on the Engine again. It was having the normal noise of the Engine when running at idle for some time and then suddenly the Blower like noise started coming again. I kept the engine running and it stopped automatically after around 30 Seconds. Also during this time, the engine assembly was vibrating and i could feel the Hot Air. And when i tried to hook the Bonnet, the Hook was also pretty hot.
I do not know if this Blower kind of noise comes when the Car is in Motion.

Is this of any Serious Concern or Normal?
Am really concerned about it. Help...
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Hello Sir,
Nothing to panic. It is only the noise from the electric cooling fan. It comes while the engine is runining also. In most of the vehicles the fan comes ON when the coolant temperature reaches about 80 to degree.
This is the principle in any vehicle which has got an electric fan for cooling the engine room.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think the Alto comes with a single fan with dual speeds. So try switching on the AC and see the fan scream some more. Don't worry, this is normal.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:05   #4
BHPian

Thank you Guys for your Opinions. Am feeling a bit relieved now.
Btw, today i again turned on the Engine and kept it running idle for some time. No noise this time. Point to note is that the Car was just lying in the Parking since yesterday.
Seems like it happens only when the Car has been driven for some time.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote