Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th April 2009, 11:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think you need to ask the workshop to do a check on clutch setting, bleed the circuit if required.
Jus came back from Spectra motors, and the service advisor said he ll bleed the clutch and since the gearbox is cable operated, open,lubricate and set everything straight.

Jaggu, do u also get the gearbox noise i have mentioned in my first post in this thread ? Is it more prominent while u start for the first time in the day and mellows down a lot after u run the car a little ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Vdi has hydraulic clutch.??
Yes hydraulic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes VDI has Hydraulic clutch and a heavy one too. This clutch is a great improvement over the petrol engine. Modification was done to handle torquey DDIS engine.
When the first time i drove the car in traffic after my zen. I almost bit all my nails jus thinking about 'how i ll live with this heavy clutch'.

But now after 6000 km have got used to it. Now zens clutch seems like it is free wheeling
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

So again the notchyness is back.Clutch has no judder or anything but the gearbox is notchy.3rd gear requires some resistance as does the first gear. After the clutch,gearbox setting the car has run 2300 with a 1500 highway trip during which it was perfect to the P.

Since around 500 km th gearbox seems notchy.Also this happens in the city only,when the car is running on the highway at high speeds the gearshifts are perfect.I DONT GET THIS?
Should i change the gearbox oil or again let the service station people check it out ?
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 10:36   #18

hi,

can any one tell me the swift LDI does not have hydraulic clucth ?
fanteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 18:56   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel Gearbox sound at idle !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Have you checked the gear oil level? Maybe you're just low on gear oil or the oil is of a lower viscosity than recommended.
Exactly Sir, You have hit the nail on the head. This pesky sound has made my life terrible. I have gone crazybecause my ritz diesel makes this sound in the morning. This sound started after they filled 80w90 gear oil in my ritz diesel. I suspect they put 2.2 litres of gear oil instead of 2.6 litres. I heard him saying" Haan, Take 2 litres bottles, that will be enough." I am changing the gear oil again tomorrow. Thank You Sir. Hope you are correct and the noise disappears. I will post my experience by Tuesday.
adit mishra is offline   Reply With Quote