Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2009, 19:50   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
15kmpl is an absolute no-no! Did you check with Farhan as you suspected that something was wrong earlier itself?
This was my previous mileage (in city driving); so no change. But then, I expected something to improve, even so lightly.

I have not checked with Farhan, since I do not think there is much he can do. This seems to be an issue at my side. But then, let me PM him. Maybe he has come across a similar issue before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
If 15 kmpl mileage, then why should you worry? (if the mileage increased from before). what car do you have?...
I am worried since I note no difference. And I have an Alto.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 09:55   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I am worried since I note no difference. And I have an Alto.
Alto and 15 km/ltr??

something wrong with car.

Better check other parameters. check valve clearance.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 4th August 2009 at 09:56.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 21:11   #273
BHPian

I got reply from Voltronic India office represented by Mr.Pallav. He called me and said Voltronic brand of germany is rebranded in India as Pro 10. He also asked me to visit Proten Impex Pvt. Ltd., INDIA

The price was engine flush - Rs.2xx
Injector cleaner Rs. 4xx
rajivanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 00:20   #274
BHPian

I have owned my corsa for the past 9 months. I have 2 oil and filter changes since.
Decarbonisation done 7 months ago by the A.S.S

I do not have any history with regards to the maintenance by the previous owner for my 2003 corsa.

Can I go for an OWS flush or will it affect my corsa (loosing compression etc ) that has done about 75000 kms

Cheers
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 01:37   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
I got reply from Voltronic India office.....
Interesting. Has anyone tried these products? The website says that they have a dealer in 'Balgaloro'. Is this Bangalore misspelt or is there really a Balgaloro?
If this is indeed the same product as OWS, the pricing is certainly tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Can I go for an OWS flush or will it affect my corsa (loosing compression etc ) that has done about 75000 kms
75k km is a probably ok for an engine flush. Too late to switch to fully synthetics though. I think you can use an engine flush (any good brand) without any adverse effects. I have heard of a case where the engine was flushed for the first time at 60k km without any problems.
However, I'm no expert, so better check with one.
Roy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 12:22   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
75k km is a probably ok for an engine flush. Too late to switch to fully synthetics though. I think you can use an engine flush (any good brand) without any adverse effects. I have heard of a case where the engine was flushed for the first time at 60k km without any problems.
However, I'm no expert, so better check with one.
I did get in touch with JD from speedworks chennai through email. I must say, he is very prompt in replying.
I had copy pasted about 7 bullet points, negative impact of engine flush on some cars i have come across on this forum.

He has addressed all my points but without a satisfactory inference. So I have ruled out an engine flush. I changed to magnatec instead of fully synt few months ago, i am not aware of the oil used by the previous owner or the frequency of the change. So, far no issues, car runs very smooth.

I will be continuing with magnatec and SYSTEM G .
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 11:45   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I will be continuing with magnatec and SYSTEM G .
I have used System G and feel that this is really the best option. It seems to work very well for Indian conditions. Its now been 2k km since I used OWS 360 and the effects have completely worn off. I will be picking up a bottle of System G today.
However, I feel that G is good only with regular (non premium) fuel.
I do intend to stick to fully synthetic, though.
Roy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 14:59   #278
Team-BHP Support

Default Ows 210 & 220

So it was time for 35k kms service and as decided earlier thought of trying out the oil additive and flush. Emailed Farhan and he and his team ensured that the stuff reached me in a days time, to help me service the car before Aug 15th holiday. Thank you guys!

I ensured that i would personally monitor the oil change job, so bunked office in between and drove in to RNS hosur with OWS and Mobil Delvac MX packs, where the remaining jobs were being carried out. Car was previously running with Mobil so i thought i will not change the oil brand, just to ensure a fair comparison of performance.

Last oil change was done at 30,500 kms along with 3M flush. Now odo reading was 35,4xx kms. I know that flush might not have been required but then went ahead with it. The marking on the 210 can (specially recommended for diesel engine) was very encouraging for me. For now i rubbish the theory that frequent flushing on diesel engine is bad lol

Warmed up the engine and dumped the whole can in. Started her again and went on idle mode for few minutes, moved to raised RPM's for brief period every 2-3 minutes (occasional very high rpms also). This went on for around 15 minutes and then idled her for another 2 minutes. The drain plug was removed and the old oil was completely drained out. This is when the workshop realized that they didnt have oil filter!! Good side of this was that they left the car on the hoist which allowed complete drain of old oil. So the car remained up there for another 2 hours waiting for new oil filter to arrive, while i proceeded back to office and waited for the call.

And as agreed Service adviser called me up and gave the phone to the mech, who inturn wanted to know if there were any special instruction while filling oil and OWS 220. Instructed him to pour 1 liter of oil in and then 220 and then remaining 1.8 liter of mobil to make it 3.1 liter in total. Idle for few minutes and take her for a ride

Went back to garage by 630 pm, engine was cold by now. Cranked her up and liked the way she sounded, CRISP and noticed even the cranking was lil bit faster than before the oil change. Release the clutch and WOW! she just leapt forward! Please note that, apart from oil change nothing else, including air filter or ECU was touched on the engine side.

Drove into hosur road stop and go traffic, after this i entered ORR and got an open stretch, so decided to give her some pedal. Most noticeable change is the low end response, some lost vigor seems to have come back. Engine revs like nobody's business, even better compared to just plain old Mobil Delvac MX. If you guys remember my old SA suspected worn out clutch seeing the needle dance last time He will just change the clutch this time i guess he he. No! clutch is not slipping and everything is fine on that front for now.

With OWS in oil, RPM meter dancing has become more violent. Though the engine sounded loud (pitter patter) when cold, as soon as she reached the running temp she has become even more silent. This part i dont know if its due to OWS flush or Delvac, but she showed this tendency earlier also, with just Delvac MX in her system. ie slightly louder rather crisper sounding cold idle and super silent warm engine, which stays like that even after hard driving, really long drives etc.

Very happy with the result so far and will monitor performance in the longer run. I haven't added the diesel additive (360) yet (last was around 1.5k kms back) and will add it again after few hundred kms, so that i can understand better how each one of these vitamins work.

I think this combination of oil additive plus Mobil is better and working out much cheaper for this DDIS fan. What say guys? 1300 to 1400 bucks every 5000 kms??

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th August 2009 at 15:21.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 14:07   #279
BHPian

Cool Sportsmind is now with OWS..

My drive too had the OWS change over done over the week-end and enjoyed my long trip the kerala and back. As ever Farhan and the team ensured the stuff reached in time, as i needed the flush and oil change before this trip, as the odo was 48.5 k, last service was done at 38k. Had OWS flush and then 3.2 ltr of 5w-50 with 300ml of OWS engine protector loaded into the engine. Finally one can of OWS 360 went into the fuel tank. Just to give it the best feel after the flush and the new oil, was tempted to have the the tank filled with speed 97. Wow...., just loved the way the fella behaved on the entire trip. Thanks farhan for the inputs during the flush. Cheers..
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 17:19   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone tried Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 ? Where can I find it in Mumbai?
Power Enhancer | Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 | Engine Cleaning
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:15   #281
BHPian

Hi All,

looking at the forum decided to inquire about the products.

Seems that Improve car performance, Car performance enhancements, Engine performance improvements, car performance products, car care products, engine performance products, engine performance enhancements, OWS, OWS India, OWS products, OWS products India, Tecta is not the valid website anymore.

The New website is Speedworks i have this information verified from Mr . john victor who works at speedworks.

Addtionally i wanted to know if someone has tried the OWS Diese 15DW 40 oils for their Diesel Cars, i drive an Esteem diesel and was thing of going in for Gas and Diesel Treatment ( OWS 360 ) amd OWS Diese 15DW 40 Engine oil.

IMP Question- my car has done 1,35,000 KMS Approx, will it be safe for me to do an Engine Flush at this time.

I await guidance from the Experts.
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 12:05   #282
BHPian

hey guys i had a few questions,

1. How often do we have to use a can ofOWS 360 ?

Is it everytime we fill in 18 litres ? Or once in ??? Kms ??

Does OWS 360 goes in before or does the fuel goes in before ?

After How many kms of engine use should we use OWS 360 ?

2. OWS 220 is 300 ml can. Swift ddis needs 3.1 liter engine oil.

So is it 3.1 liter engine oil + 300 ml OWS 220 ?

or

2.8 liter engine oil + 300 ml OWS 220 ?

Thanks
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:31   #283
BHPian

Used OWS 210 Engine Flush in my Swift VXi (43600 on ODO), in its last service 3 days. Have run almost 150 kms after that & I'm impressed by the change in engine behavior.
1. Car pulls clean even in 3rd gear in low rpms (had to shift-down to 2nd most of the time, previously)
2. Engine noise has reduced considerably.
3. Feels like it can again make 150 km/h speeds effortlessly. (prior to service, I found it hard to make 140 speeds)

Overall, I'm satisfied with the product & cost Invested in.
siddhu_engg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:34   #284
Team-BHP Support

The OWS flushes - fuel-additive and engine oil-additive, really work. One of those really worthy products in the market.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:24   #285
BHPian

I used Engine protector and multilight Engine oil in my Ikon Flair @ 50k kms.
It has been 4k kms since then. The smoothness can be felt and rise to 140-150kmph has become much more easier than before.
I think that besides the tryes, this is the best spend on my car.
pkumar is offline   Reply With Quote