Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th September 2013, 20:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Air-con Blower not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Melted wiring,that is a serious issue,could have sparked a fire as well
I asked him to thoroughly check the electrical system running towards the blower to make sure the new one doesnt blow out as well, he checked it and said all is fine. This issue could very well be due to the Tata guys emptying a can of some ac cleaner in the central ac vents which blew off my steering controls and audio system this year in march. The mechanic said the blower went off due to some liquid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
When a blower is changed, will it lead to a drop in the refrigerant gas? After a blower change in my car, the AC is not as effective as it used to be. I think there is a drop in the refrigerant gas. did you need to fill up / top up the R134 gas after a blower change?
I dont think thats the case, if you dont fiddle with compressor or condensor etc then there is no reason to refill gas. The AC after blower replacement is as effective as it was and really chills the cabin in no time.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 20:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I dont think thats the case, if you dont fiddle with compressor or condensor etc then there is no reason to refill gas. The AC after blower replacement is as effective as it was and really chills the cabin in no time.
It is definitely not chilling as it used to be, even in the September weather, I would sometime go up as high as 4 to get the cabin cooled, where earlier even 1 was effective. In my 800, I could look at the compressor and near it would be a can with a little look through glass and if there where bubbles swirling in this, it meant that the refrigerant was low. I am not able to see this little can like thing in the DDiS engine bay.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 05:25   #18
BHPian

My Palio AC suddenly stopped working. The blower doesn't start and there is no cooling too. I read above that fuse could have blown out. Can anyone help me find the fuse?
Are there any good AC shops between HSR LAYOUT and WHITEFIELD in bangalore?
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote