Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th May 2010, 19:42   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy3660 View Post
Any solution to my issue's which has not been resolved till date??
Can be due to many reasons including fuel quality, clogged filters, injectors, ambient temperature, load the vehicle is carrying, wind direction, speedo error, service schedule. See the top speed documented is around 157 and anything more is speedo error and the last few kmphs requires all the help from the small engine.

First clear off all these, and try and see if running 32 psi helps.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:27   #227
BHPian

The first thing I did today morning was to go through the entire thread in one shot. Reading all the stories, I am having certain doubts regarding my DDiS turbo. Here is the story till now.

Till first service:

The turbo was kicking in at 2200 RPM dot at 2nd gear with moderate acceleration. The boost was definitely vicious though. On all other higher gears it started feeling from around 1900 RPM. While giving the car for first service, I told the advisor that my turbo is kicking in at 2200 RPM from day one. He agreed to make a check and told me that he has done cleaning the filters and revert back if there are any complaints.

After first service:

The turbo now kicks in around 2100 RPM on 2nd gear under moderate acceleration. But I feel like the boost is lesser than before. But in all other gears, the turbo seems to perform better than before. When I enquired the same with the advisor, the answer was like Maruti has done some tweaking of turbos with the introduction of BS IV. Anybody out there had got such an answer? If not, any BS IV owners can you please ask your M.A.S.S on the next service regarding this? Adding up, I confirmed that the oil filled was 2.9 L and not more (as per bill).
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:50   #228
Team-BHP Support

More than the turbo they might have tweaked the ECU code. Anyways will wait for new D owners to comment.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:56   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
More than the turbo they might have tweaked the ECU code. Anyways will wait for new D owners to comment.
Exactly. He was telling like he compared my car with some other BS IV swifts and is perfectly fine. But I am not believing it unless some Swift D owners on T-BHP confirms. But I am sure its not the psychological thing that I am feeling after the first service. But the doubt is if some mishaps are there, then why all gears except 2nd seems to have better boost now !
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:12   #230
BHPian

Me too own a BSIV Vdi and asked about this late turbo action when i gave the car for first service in Indus motors, Tcr. The SA told that ECU program of BSIV is different than that of older version. It has something to do with reducing emission it seems.
ontheroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:08   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Me too own a BSIV Vdi and asked about this late turbo action when i gave the car for first service in Indus motors, Tcr. The SA told that ECU program of BSIV is different than that of older version. It has something to do with reducing emission it seems.
Oh ok, can you give more details on the turbo characteristics like when it kicks in, I mean rpm at each gear. I am having my turbo kicking in at 2100-2200 RPM on second gear. On 3rd this is earlier around 1900-2000 and so is the situation for 4th and 5th also. Would like to know the details of your car. As far as I heard from M.A.S.S, the cat con, inlet manifold, fuel pump and ECU have changes from previous version for a BS IV. Not sure, but a guy from Maruti sales who is a friend of mine told that they have also changed the boost control logic of turbo along with these changes in BS IV.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:33   #232
BHPian

Friends, a happy news from my side. My baby got the turbo whoosh back. I think as somebody stated on the forum, a lot of city driving has made my ECU a bit lazy. After a couple of long drives now the surge seems to be normal. I don't think excess oil was the issue, as there was no smoke issue. Also have noticed that during night time, on second gear the turbo surge happens exactly at 2000 RPM now, may be the cold air which is helping. But again, during day times it is at 2200 RPM on second gear and around 1900-2000 RPM on all other gears.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:46   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Friends, a happy news from my side. My baby got the turbo whoosh back. I think as somebody stated on the forum, a lot of city driving has made my ECU a bit lazy. After a couple of long drives now the surge seems to be normal. I don't think excess oil was the issue, as there was no smoke issue. Also have noticed that during night time, on second gear the turbo surge happens exactly at 2000 RPM now, may be the cold air which is helping. But again, during day times it is at 2200 RPM on second gear and around 1900-2000 RPM on all other gears.
For the record. ECU does not have artificial intelligence.

Also how can you be sure that the analog tacho you have will give correct reading.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:46   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
For the record. ECU does not have artificial intelligence.

Also how can you be sure that the analog tacho you have will give correct reading.
If I am correct, Swift DDiS got an adaptive ECU which will change it characteristics based on the driving style and conditions. Correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case, what I said may happen. And a lot of friends on T-BHP have confirmed on this regard. Regarding the tacho, what you said is correct. We can't guarantee that it will give correct readings. But, I was comparing the current screnario with my own previous results. If there is an error in the tacho, the same should be there now also. And regarding the surge, I was pretty sure after the first service that the turbo boost was less compared to the initial days. I never needed a boost gauge to measure it since the change was drastic and anyone could notice it easily. Since somebody on this thread stated that their similar issue was resolved after a highway drive, I waited for the weekend trip which was planned. The scenario changed for me after the 500km highway drive which makes me believe, that was the issue. I was just sharing my experience, if it may turn out helpful for somebody else worrying about the same experience
Old 14th July 2010, 15:22   #235
Senior - BHPian

If there are things called adaptive ECU. you will have super fuel efficient cars with equally thrilling performance. We do need expensive Tuning hardware and software if that is the case.

It improved after highway drive, is just a feel good factor.

Forced induced vehicle do need special care, Like frequent air filter cleaning/change. Oil etc.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:38   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
If there are things called adaptive ECU. you will have super fuel efficient cars with equally thrilling performance. We do need expensive Tuning hardware and software if that is the case.

It improved after highway drive, is just a feel good factor.

Forced induced vehicle do need special care, Like frequent air filter cleaning/change. Oil etc.
May be you are right. But in my case, the change after the highway drive was very much noticeable. I am sure that the turbo was not the same before. I am sure, its not the "psychological" factor which came into play. Still not sure about the ECU just working as a robot or is it adaptive, I do believe it changes its characteristics. Maybe some auto engineers can confirm on this thing.
Old 5th August 2010, 07:50   #237
BHPian

Default Troubles Again !!!

HI friends,

As I stated previously the turbo seems to work on its on intelligence. When I do a lot of city driving the turbo kick seems to diminish but after a highway drive everything back in normal.

Noticed this weird thing yesterday. I was waiting at a signal, it was a long wait of more than 5-6 minutes but the car was idling for a/c. And after when I started off, the car just behaved as if there is no turbo. There was no kick and acceleration was pretty normal. This happened for around 10 kms from there. Afterwards, it all came back. Have any other guys noticed this. Jaggu, Bala, rippergeo anyone help me out !!!
Old 20th August 2010, 23:59   #238
BHPian

Hello Friends, Swift Owners, Gurus,

Have to get my Swift DDIS oil and oil filter changed. As it is, from the information on this thread I have always been using Mobil Delvac 15 W 40.

Last time since the service center didnt had it, I had to provide them myself.
I had to get 5 Liter pack as nothing less then that was available with the distributer. After filling up 3.1 liter the rest is still with me. The car was serviced at 10k.

This time again I have to provide them with this OIL, as they are using Shell.

Now its 15.5K and I got to change the oil filter and oil. The previous box reads Mobil Delva Super 1300 15 W 40. When I went today to by one the dealer said company no longer gives Super 1300, its now upgraded to MX. He showed me the 5 liter pack and it reads Mobil Delvac MX 15 W 40.

Guys I am a noob. Slight difference in wordings also makes me wait before I confirm if I should go ahead with this one.

What is the difference between MX and Super 1300?
Should I go for it. Or should I ask him to arrange Super 1300 if possible.

Thanks,
Tushar.
tush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:01   #239
BHPian

Any help would be appreciated guys. Hope I have not posted the query in the wrong thread. Jaggu you also drive a DDIS, may be you can throw some light on my query.

Thanks,
Tushar.

Last edited by tush : 22nd August 2010 at 03:08.
tush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 20:29   #240
BHPian

Default Chat with service manager on Turbo issue

Just got my car back after complaining about late turbo action for the 3rd time in last 2 months. It is really annoying that the issue is still persistent.

Things done so far:

1) Usual air filter cleaning
2) Intercooler cleaning
3) Wastegate adjustment ( I don't know how correct is this statement. Does swift comes with a adjustable waste gate? )

After TD ing for around 5-6 kms in highway I called the service manager. The conversation was as follows. I've translated to english. May be come helpful for someone with similar issues.

Me: Hi
Him: Hi Sir, hows the car feeling?
Me: Same as before
He: But sir, the Suzuki tool show improvements after wastegate adjustment
Me: Does swift comes with adjustable waste gate?
He: Yes, we can control the flow.

Me: Ok, but the car feels the same. The kick comes above 2200 rpm on 2nd gear and 2000 rpm on 3rd.
He: Sir if you have doubt I will show you the readings.
Me: Can the readings be stored?
He: Yes, I've seen the readings and compared with a new car. It was almost same.

Me: In that case what we can do next? Is there any possibility to swap turbo and check?
He: If you want we can try that option. A new turbo is coming for another car.
Me: I will come any time you call. I want to get this sorted out soon.
He: I will call you sir.

This was the conversation. I've doubts regarding the bold items. Guys please help, this lack of puling is really nightmare in my ride