Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th October 2013, 19:18   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Thanks Anurag , do you mean the OBD scan diagnostioc units which can be found on ebay nowadays ? would be glad to get this sorted considering no one has answers to this for the past 2 and a 1/2 years.
Yes it is a ELM 327 OBD II reader that connects to the OBD port of the car. It is located on the right side of the steering wheel near the bonnet release (For SX4) and the reader costs around Rs 900 - 1500 and the Torque PRO app which costs Rs 250 costs which is avaliable at the Google play store. Hope yours is an Android device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Also , just curious. in case we do see different readings in regards to injector pressure at the 3 different levels of fuel in the tank , what would it tell us ?
You would such data once it connects.

Name:  IMG20131010WA0011.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  IMG20131010WA0014.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  90.7 KB

Fuel Rail Pressure, Fuel Flow etc. When you get the values you can narrow down on the problem.

It could be injection issue, rail pressure low etc. Where do you stay btw? (Using the Team-BHP mobile App so can't see your location).

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 19:34   #317
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift DDIS Turbo issues: Report & Resolution thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes it is a ELM 327 OBD II reader that connects to the OBD port of the car. It is located on the right side of the steering wheel near the bonnet release (For SX4) and the reader costs around Rs 900 - 1500 and the Torque PRO app which costs Rs 250 costs which is avaliable at the Google play store. Hope yours is an Android device.
Anurag.
Could you please provide the URL of the adapter that you bought ?

I want to buy it soon.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 01:06   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could you please provide the URL of the adapter that you bought ?
There you go. Here is link on Ebay.in website.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Android-Torqu...ht_2349wt_1164

You will get the adapter and a CD with all the software for various OS if you are using the laptop.

If I am not wrong you own a Swift right or now you have updated to the Jetta as I see in your profile avatar? If the Swift is manufactured before 2009, then the OBD II reader will not work as it designed for models post 2009.

Anurag.
Old 30th October 2013, 07:03   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If I am not wrong you own a Swift right or now you have updated to the Jetta as I see in your profile avatar? If the Swift is manufactured before 2009, then the OBD II reader will not work as it designed for models

Anurag.
Jan 2010 Swift. I hope its fine ?

It may have been manufactured in late 2009 as well.

Please suggest.
Old 30th October 2013, 13:37   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.
It may work. Just check under the steering on the left side do you have the OBD II port or no?! It is a 16-pin.

If you know any Bhpian who has one you try and then buy. I don't mind sending you my OBD II reader. If it works you can buy a new one.

Anurag.
Old 31st October 2013, 17:17   #321
BHPian

Smile Re: Swift DDIS Turbo issues: Report & Resolution thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
From last two days turbo in my Ertiga DDiS which has run 18K km is not working. The day before I noticed this problem, I had gone on a long trip and it was working just fine, the pull being felt with faint audible whistle as usual. Now there is absolutely no turbo whistle and no pull. The only other noticeable thing is the engine noise seems to be higher than normal - there is some rat-rat-rat-rat kind of noise that is more audible than earlier.

Having gone through this thread and few others related to turbo issues, I have already cleaned the air filter, re-filled diesel from good known place and driven the car around for a while but there is no sign of any improvement for the last two days. Checked the pipe going from air filter box to the turbo and appears ok. Not sure what else I can do before I take to MASS? Should I reset the ECU once?
Issue resolved! I left my Ertiga at MASS (Kalyani), turbo was opened up for inspection, found to be ok and the problem was identified with a part called "Vacuum Tank" which has been replaced under warranty. Turbo is back in action as before.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 17:32   #322
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.

I think it will not, mine is a May 2010 Swift and its not OBD compliant. If possible, just try out before purchasing.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 17:54   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post

I think it will not, mine is a May 2010 Swift and its not OBD compliant. If possible, just try out before purchasing.
But the service center guy uses SDT. It works on OBD ??
Old 31st October 2013, 23:55   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the service center guy uses SDT. It works on OBD ??
Yes the SDT is OBD compliant.

It has all the specific manufacturer codes that are in the ECU and reads all specific to Suzuki.

Anurag.
Old 1st November 2013, 06:51   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes the SDT is OBD compliant.

It has all the specific manufacturer codes that are in the ECU and reads all specific to Suzuki.

Anurag.
Ok. The service center used sdt on my car.
So my car is obd compliant, is it obd 2 , that is the final question.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:04   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. The service center used sdt on my car.
So my car is obd compliant, is it obd 2 , that is the final question.
It is modified OBD2 protocol. Suzuki modified the OBD2 protocol so generic tools will not work. They work on models launched after mid 2010 I think (whenever the K series engines were introduced for petrols).
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:41   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
It is modified OBD2 protocol. Suzuki modified the OBD2 protocol so generic tools will not work. They work on models launched after mid 2010 I think (whenever the K series engines were introduced for petrols).
This may be the case with the Swift but my dad's SX4 (2007 model) responds to the OBD II reader and gives out a data. But the types of data is less and not as much as I get in the Ritz.

Speed, Revvs, Accelerator pedal position, HP and Torque. Rest all parameters show "0"

Anurag.
Old 6th November 2013, 20:46   #328
BHPian

Quote:

Fuel Rail Pressure, Fuel Flow etc. When you get the values you can narrow down on the problem.
I have the ELM 327 OBDII reader and the Torque app. However it does not work on my 2008 Swift Vdi. It works on the new Swift, 2008 Ford Figo, Maruti SX4 and i20. I guess there is some protocol problem with the 2008 Swift.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 19:41   #329
BHPian

Quote:

It could be injection issue, rail pressure low etc. Where do you stay btw? (Using the Team-BHP mobile App so can't see your location).

Anurag.
Hello Anurag, thanks for the info . Will try to get my hands on the reader and the app soon enough , am in Navi Mumbai btw .
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 21:27   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have the ELM 327 OBDII reader and the Torque app. However it does not work on my 2008 Swift Vdi. It works on the new Swift, 2008 Ford Figo, Maruti SX4 and i20. I guess there is some protocol problem with the 2008 Swift.
For the Swift it must work post mid-2009 models and not earlier as they are OBD I.

Anurag.