Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th November 2015, 09:30   #31
Default Re: Help needed with Indica fuel pump

I have a 2008 Indica Turbo Diesel, Run 65000 kms. Recently I was finding diesel leakage in drops and could see the puddle marks :-) on the parking floor, plus the area below FIP smudged with Diesel.

took it to FNG, they suggested to get 3 small pipes from TASC and then they replaced all 3, assuring it will stop.

Next day morning, althoiugh i could not see any diesel drops on the outside parking ( may be it got dried up ) , but once I started the vehicle , and opened the bonnet, could see diesel leaking in rapid drops from the FIP area , but not from the pipes / pipes joints.

What could be the possible reasons ? I am worried .

- FIP seal/ gaskets damaged ?
- Some sensor failure, that elliptical metal object near FIP ?

@ Sameer, What would be the next steps to follow ? Went to TASC , but they were too crowded, so will try to do it from outside.

PS: no pick up issue at all. it still drives effortlessly on expressway at 100+ speeds, with AC on. But at very low speeds , in morning, I do feel some jerks sometimes but not worth bothering to me.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote