Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 19:33   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Has anyone tried the EngineCal from bangalore ?

Just received a call from them regarding my enquiry and they seemed to be quite knowledgeable and particular about what they are doing in terms of handling the load/stress on engine at manageable levels.

Would like to take a call between RaceChip, EngineCal and Racing Dynamics.

Race Chip is the cheapest followed by Racing Dynamics and EngineCal.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 21:21   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Has anyone tried the EngineCal from bangalore ?
Not for a diesel but have got my petrol car modified from them. I was their first gasoline customer and hence built a good rapport with them. With respect to diesel tuning, i have met few of his customers for Fiesta/Figo from Bangalore.

They got the information from T-BHP and other internet modes but are never members of any fora etc. I was with them when they tuned a Fiesta and the customer was so happy with the results that he called them after a week to invite them for a dinner treat from his side (was getting iridium plugs for my car when the call came)

They are mainly into application engineering and have predominant expertise in Engine Calibration & Engine Management. Due to this experience they are very good at engine modification without compromising the reliability. They also work as consultants with certain OEM's and were employed full time with various OEM's before starting their own business.

One thing i can vouch for is reliability of their build. Proof is my car which has clocked close to 25k kms after the mods with utmost reliability.
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 19:10   #93
BHPian
 
DjNik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 340
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Hey guys shortlisted on the below for an ECU upgrade, what would you guys recommend that would work well with the Figo:

1. Superchips-Remap(27500+6000installation)

18 BHP increase @ 3909 Rpm
32 Nm increase @ 2883 Rpm

Advantage:- According to a lot of experts a remap provides better performance when compared to a tuning box.


2. Engine Cal MECU (30,000/- all inclusive)
Upto 28.8Nm (188.8 Nm)
Upto 12HP at rated RPM
Advantage:- Plug and Play, Claim to stress more on driveability than peak numbers.



3. Race chip Pro(Approx 25,000)
Power 91PS
Tourque 234NM
Advantage:- Plug and Play, Maximum power among the tuning boxes(on paper) VFM


4. RD Diesel Tronic Box(20,000)
Advantage:Cheapest among the lot, decent reviews.

5. Petes- No representation in Kolkata so getting a remap is not possible.

So what do you guys think better to go for a remap or a tuning box & more importantly which one.
All inputs appreciated. Thanks.
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 10:09   #94
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
Hey guys shortlisted on the below for an ECU upgrade, what would you guys recommend that would work well with the Figo:

1. Superchips-Remap(27500+6000installation)

2. Engine Cal MECU (30,000/- all inclusive)

3. Race chip Pro(Approx 25,000)

4. RD Diesel Tronic Box(20,000)

5. Petes- No representation in Kolkata so getting a remap is not possible.

So what do you guys think better to go for a remap or a tuning box & more importantly which one.
All inputs appreciated. Thanks.
May I ask you the usage pattern?
- City only -> Power is sufficient
- Highway -> Hell need more power. it strains a lot after 120+ KMPH

Well, if your car is already out of warranty period and if you are not tight on budget, then better a remap than the tuning boxes? taking the reliability factor to consideration.

if you are someone who keeps changing car often, then better to go with Tuning boxes as you can remove and use it in your future cars too as the mentioned ones are mostly universal types.

and if you do so, please let us know your reviews on the same.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 12:34   #95
BHPian
 
DjNik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 340
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
May I ask you the usage pattern?
- City only -> Power is sufficient
- Highway -> Hell need more power. it strains a lot after 120+ KMPH

Well, if your car is already out of warranty period and if you are not tight on budget, then better a remap than the tuning boxes? taking the reliability factor to consideration.

if you are someone who keeps changing car often, then better to go with Tuning boxes as you can remove and use it in your future cars too as the mentioned ones are mostly universal types.

and if you do so, please let us know your reviews on the same.
Usage is mainly City but intend to make it more fun to drive
Car is 3 months old 2100Kms, Intend to get the Box after the car crosses 5K Kms.
I have decided on the RD box mainly due to following factors-
1.Plug and Play
2 .VFM
3. For a remap Ill be dependent on a outstation tuner since no tuners here in Kolkata and in-case something goes wrong with a remap Im pretty much doomed. In case of the box malfunctioning I can always disconnect and go back to stock.
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 14:46   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,305
Thanked: 2,713 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Not for a diesel but have got my petrol car modified from them. I was their first gasoline customer and hence built a good rapport with them. With respect to diesel tuning, i have met few of his customers for Fiesta/Figo from Bangalore.

They got the information from T-BHP and other internet modes but are never members of any fora etc. I was with them when they tuned a Fiesta and the customer was so happy with the results that he called them after a week to invite them for a dinner treat from his side (was getting iridium plugs for my car when the call came)

They are mainly into application engineering and have predominant expertise in Engine Calibration & Engine Management. Due to this experience they are very good at engine modification without compromising the reliability. They also work as consultants with certain OEM's and were employed full time with various OEM's before starting their own business.

One thing i can vouch for is reliability of their build. Proof is my car which has clocked close to 25k kms after the mods with utmost reliability.
Hi Abhinav,
Is your car a 1.2 Figo that the mapping was done on? If yes, I would like to know the advantage and difference over stock and also the difference after installing iridium plugs.

If no, please PM me their contact so I can check with them if they have worked on a 1.2 Ford.
Im looking to improve the roll on figure on my car which already has a FFE and CAI which improved the initial.

Regards
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 18:03   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is your car a 1.2 Figo that the mapping was done on?
Hi tharian, my car is a Chevy Spark and it was not remapped. It was only FFE, CAI & Iridium plugs that was done on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
also the difference after installing iridium plugs.
Better combustion, more revvy car and also better FE if driven sanely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
If no, please PM me their contact so I can check with them if they have worked on a 1.2 Ford.
Will PM you their contact. They are also on facebook and you can visit their website here -- Enginecal
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 23:58   #98
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
Usage is mainly City but intend to make it more fun to drive
Car is 3 months old 2100Kms, Intend to get the Box after the car crosses 5K Kms.
I have decided on the RD box mainly due to following factors-
As many mention here, its better to go for any add ons after 10,000 km at the least as thats when engine tends to open up a bit freely.

Also, Expect a little bit of power/torque increase due to these boxes... nothing astonishing.

Have read good reviews about RD here and so good decision on it. you may also consider asking any of your friends to buy one for you from UK.

Again, provide your review once done up
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 13:44   #99
BHPian
 
Endeavour333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc

As many mention here, its better to go for any add ons after 10,000 km at the least as thats when engine tends to open up a bit freely.

Also, Expect a little bit of power/torque increase due to these boxes... nothing astonishing.

Have read good reviews about RD here and so good decision on it. you may also consider asking any of your friends to buy one for you from UK.

Again, provide your review once done up
I got the Spider Diesel Tuning Box and the results were spectacular! Perhaps you should give it a go. Everyone that has driven my Endeavour and another stock Endeavour are shocked by the difference the box makes. Installed box at 6000 km, and Endeavour is at 32,000 km now no problems whatsoever. Noticeable increase in mileage too
Endeavour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 15:03   #100
BHPian
 
Racedynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Just a heads-up to those of you looking to fit a tuning box on the Figo/Fiesta. The sensor that the tuning boxes connect to is on the rear of the engine thereby making installation/uninstallation a tricky process.

We very highly recommend getting installation done from an expert.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:12   #101
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333

I got the Spider Diesel Tuning Box and the results were spectacular! Perhaps you should give it a go. Everyone that has driven my Endeavour and another stock Endeavour are shocked by the difference the box makes. Installed box at 6000 km, and Endeavour is at 32,000 km now no problems whatsoever. Noticeable increase in mileage too
I have read your review on the kits and comparo. Useful i must say. Thanks
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 18:21   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Covered around 12,000 kms from the time of remapping. Till date have not faced any issues. Absolutely love the way it drives now. My mileage has increased from 15 kmpl to 16.5 kmpl on highways.
I have completed 27000 Kms with the remap and enjoying it a lot. Earlier there were only limited options and I always visit this thread hoping for some positive reviews and installation. Now nice to see so many options around for Fiesta and Figo.

Having used to this set up at reasonable costs, now Iam sure that i will not be able to resists such remaps for any of my new cars (In case of a replacement)
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 17:04   #103
BHPian
 
speedmunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 134
Thanked: 96 Times
Question Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Congrats on the purchase, if you read the instructions provided carefully you can fix it yourself, will take just about 5 minutes only, I've done it on my Figo myself, I went to a workshop and showed it, they quoted 250 bucks to install, I told them to go take a walk and walked out myself , parked the car right outside the workshop, and started installing it myself, believe me, it took less than 5 minutes and all the curious mechancis left what ever they were doing and came out to watch me install..!!
Hi Ridinthru, could you please give us a small review of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitzombie View Post
Finally got the RaceChip fixed. I could manage to pull off the engine cap and after that didn't have the right tools to proceed. I took it to a mechanic and was glad I did because it did not seem like I could have done it myself.
How is the Racechip doing? Any update whether good or bad will be appreciated.

Last edited by speedmunster : 19th December 2012 at 17:08.
speedmunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 19:37   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

Today got my Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi remapped by Kiirus.

Observations:
1. Reduced clatter & noise, definitely.
2. Car now easily pulls in 2nd gear from 5 kmph which earlier was not possible.
3. Considerably smooth.

Should be covering more kilometers and a long drive soon, which shall give an complete idea. Overall very happy.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 15:43   #105
BHPian
 
speedmunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 134
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

I had been trying for months for someone to post some details of a tuning box installation on their fiesta tdci. but to no avail. I even spoke to reps from Petes, RD and another company in Chennai and the rates quoted by them for the tuning boxes were insane.

In the meantime, I had been eyeing the tuning boxes that were listed in the ebay UK website and spoke to 2 of the sellers. Was convinced about one of them and even though this was more expensive at GBP89 compared to the other one at GBP64, I ordered for it.

It aws delivered to my friend's place in Middlesex, UK and he brought it along with him when he came here to Hyderabad.

Here are some pictures...
Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options-28122012327.jpg

Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options-28122012328.jpg

Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options-28122012329.jpg

Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options-28122012330.jpg

It was quite a hassle installing the box at home as we had to remove the air box and locate the rail which is behind the engine near the firewall.
Took it to my regular mechanic and he was amazed to see something like this. (He anyway thinks I am crazy).

Will add more details in a few days about the drive and also the FE.
speedmunster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2 Endeavour333 Modifications & Accessories 130 11th September 2017 01:24
Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning) Ravveendrra Modifications & Accessories 122 15th June 2017 08:24
EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap? ecosport rules Modifications & Accessories 90 13th June 2016 08:59
Ford Fusion Plus TDCi review EDIT: RD Tuning-Kit fitted! deepfusion Long-Term Ownership Reviews 42 8th November 2012 11:19
The Dawn of Turbo Diesel Tuning in INDIA - Pete's Tuning Box turboindia Modifications & Accessories 108 17th April 2006 12:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks